17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 67

Re: 17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Post by Oldgringo »

Keith B wrote:Never called anyone a troll. I just said 'Speaking of trolls'. Who said that was aimed at you??

I was going to say 'Speaking of trolls, there are several on our forum who have not been banned, but should be IMO' but chose not to
Really? I hope I'm not on the "watch" list. :eek6

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 134

Post by mamabearCali »

Old Gringo /i have seen you post in many topics and though we may disagree from time to time I have not seen you trolling, There is a difference between having an opinion in opposition and trolling.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Keith B
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Keith B »

Oldgringo wrote:
Keith B wrote:Never called anyone a troll. I just said 'Speaking of trolls'. Who said that was aimed at you??

I was going to say 'Speaking of trolls, there are several on our forum who have not been banned, but should be IMO' but chose not to
Really? I hope I'm not on the "watch" list. :eek6
You're on a list OldGringo, but not a 'watch' list. :evil2: ;-)
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

BKRushing
Posts in topic: 11

Post by BKRushing »

Latest news has it that the results of an FBI Investigation into the shooting concluded Zimmerman did not racially profile Trayvon Martin. I for one am glad to hear that. I think people throw the race card a little too quickly in a lot of cases like these.
Glovebox & EDC: Glock 26 9mm
Summer Carry: Ruger LCP .380

psijac
Posts in topic: 20

Post by psijac »

BKRushing wrote:Latest news has it that the results of an FBI Investigation into the shooting concluded Zimmerman did not racially profile Trayvon Martin. I for one am glad to hear that. I think people throw the race card a little too quickly in a lot of cases like these.

i would like to see your source on this. I find it hard to believe an agency that falls under the depth of justice comming to the conclusion that racism did not occur.
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Keith B
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Keith B »

BKRushing wrote:Latest news has it that the results of an FBI Investigation into the shooting concluded Zimmerman did not racially profile Trayvon Martin. I for one am glad to hear that. I think people throw the race card a little too quickly in a lot of cases like these.
Not quite what they said. FBI interviewed multiple friends and others that knew Zimmerman and no one indicated he had any racial bias http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... -zimmerman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/20 ... -is-racist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

The Mad Moderate
Posts in topic: 17

Post by The Mad Moderate »

I think the "hero complex" explains a lot of this.
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

WildBill
Posts in topic: 92

Post by WildBill »

The Mad Moderate wrote:I think the "hero complex" explains a lot of this.
They said "little hero complex". Is that he has a little bit of a "hero complex" or a he has a "hero complex" because he is little. :???:
NRA Endowment Member

Tamie
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tamie »

The 'do not watch" list? :lol:

philip964
Posts in topic: 215

Post by philip964 »

Keith B wrote:
Not quite what they said. FBI interviewed multiple friends and others that knew Zimmerman and no one indicated he had any racial bias http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... -zimmerman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/20 ... -is-racist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
uh oh, I guess I am in trouble or even more trouble. And I even really really don't have any "questionable" (legal to sell, but not manufactured anymore) hollow point 5.7 mm ammunition.

from the article about him buying more guns: (after death threats were made on his life)
"He got at least one more: The day of his arrest April 11, FDLE agents found in his rental car a "cop killer" handgun, a Belgian-made semiautomatic pistol, capable of firing bullets at such high velocity that they can pierce body armor. He also had three magazines of ammunition but not the kind that pierces bullet-proof vests."

Ooh, and because FHN includes three magazines (no puppies died) with the gun when you buy it, he is even more guilty, more baddd, now like Nidal Husan and now a "cop killer".

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Oldgringo »

Racial profiling, eh? I'm a 70 year old, somewhat overweight, bespectacled white guy with a Texas CHL usually seen in the company of a 70 year old white woman who is also somewhat overweight and bespectacled. We're both Texas CH licensees without any prior convictions. That's our racial profile, what's yours?

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Oldgringo wrote:Racial profiling, eh? I'm a 70 year old, somewhat overweight, bespectacled white guy with a Texas CHL usually seen in the company of a 70 year old white woman who is also somewhat overweight and bespectacled. We're both Texas CH licensees without any prior convictions. That's our racial profile, what's yours?
I'm gaining on you. :lol:
NRA Endowment Member

BKRushing

Post by BKRushing »

psijac wrote:

i would like to see your source on this. I find it hard to believe an agency that falls under the depth of justice comming to the conclusion that racism did not occur.

Couple of points I need to clarify. I neglected to attach the link in my original post, but this information came from a CNN.com article I read. What was said was based on interviews conducted by police investigators with co-workers and others familiar with Zimmerman stating they did not feel that he was a racist. The article also mentions that one of the police investigators interviewed by the FBI concluded Martin was profiled due to his mode of dress and it's similarities to that of local gangs rather than his race and it was the investigator's opinion that Zimmerman was not a racist.

As an African American myself, I don't believe the guy was racist either. I think if anything as the article alludes to, Zimmerman's hero complex is the real reason that this happened. The guy had long desired to be a cop and for whatever reason he didn't make it and neighborhood watch was the next best thing so he jumped at it. The point of my post was to point out that people are a little too quick sometimes to call someone racist in some instances. I do think he is very guilty of being a zealot who took his ambition to be a police office way too far and took an innocent life in the process.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/12/justice/f ... ?hpt=ju_c1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BKRushing

Post by BKRushing »

Totally agree on the hero complex.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

BKRushing wrote:
Totally agree on the hero complex.
Of course, it's not against the law to have a hero complex. Whether or not his actions were legally justified still needs to be adjudicated.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”