About to be a new Dad

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

snatchel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: About to be a new Dad

Post by snatchel »

biggyin wrote:Just do what i did, get her pregnant. Hang about a month, go to sea for 7 and pop back a month before due. Also works great for moving house!
Haha. I have a good buddy who is still in. His wife would only allow herself to get pregnant in those few months before deployment so that my buddy would BE GONE while she was pregnant. She would always joke that she couldn't stand him while she was pregnant b/c he was so irritating.

Funny stuff.
No More Signature

howdy

Post by howdy »

Get a good camera..not one of those cheap point and shoot things. Get a Nikon D-5000 or something like it. You want something that can auto-focus and take the shot in the blink of an eye. Babies do such amazing things and if you have to wait for that cheap camera you will miss many opportunities. You will never know how much you can love something until you have a child. The only thing better than a baby is a GRANDBABY.

Proud Grandfather of the cutest, smartest ......you know the rest
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Topic author
misterholt
Posts in topic: 7

Post by misterholt »

Thanks howdy! Will do.
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." Matt 5:9

danpaw

Post by danpaw »

If it's a boy, congrats. If it's a girl, good luck. You'll see in about 13 years.

strider67
Posts in topic: 2

Post by strider67 »

misterholt wrote:
She was standing over my shoulder last night when I was typing so I had to word it correctly.
Uuuummmmm.....good thing she knows who's boss around there! :lol:

Serious and sincere congrats, it's a life-changer and worth every second!
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

Our first child was born about 2 weeks ago; here is my advice for while she's pegnant.
1. Gain more weight than your wife does while she is pregnant, it'll make her less self conscience.
2. Go with the flow, she is going through a lot emotionally, physically, and hormonally.
3. Enjoy quite romantic time now, this will be rare in the near future.
4. Go to the range, hunt, fish, play tennis, whatever it is you "do" NOW. See above.
5. Thank God she isn't pregnant during the summer. Keeping a house 67 degrees in July ain't cheap.
6. Have a "diaper party" it's fun and a good way to say "see you later" to the guys.
7. Sleep now while you can.

Good luck, all that matters is that the baby is healthy and momma is happy.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

I'm a mama, here's some clues

a) remind her you love her, and she is the most beautiful woman on the planet to you, even when she feels fat.
b) remind her you love her, even when the hormones are flying and she feels like her world is ending.
c) as her time comes due, pay attention to little things...like tying her shoelaces for her
d) if the baby is a girl and mama is excited....be willing to carry a girly diaper bag, don't make her carry a camo bag :roll:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

SewTexas wrote:...be willing to carry a girly diaper bag, don't make her carry a camo bag :roll:
Even if the camo bag is "more practical". "rlol"
NRA Endowment Member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

WildBill wrote:
SewTexas wrote:...be willing to carry a girly diaper bag, don't make her carry a camo bag :roll:
:biggrinjester:
I just hear so many of these young girls saying "oh, I carry this bag because "Joe" won't use the pretty pink one I was given. Makes me want to slap "Joe" upside the head and say "grow up, you had a girl"
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Get some sleep NOW.

You are in for what can be both the best and worse times of your life.
The best from birth until teen years. Then it starts.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

teri

Post by teri »

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:Our first child was born about 2 weeks ago; here is my advice for while she's pegnant.
1. Gain more weight than your wife does while she is pregnant, it'll make her less self conscience.
2. Go with the flow, she is going through a lot emotionally, physically, and hormonally.
3. Enjoy quite romantic time now, this will be rare in the near future.
4. Go to the range, hunt, fish, play tennis, whatever it is you "do" NOW. See above.
5. Thank God she isn't pregnant during the summer. Keeping a house 67 degrees in July ain't cheap.
6. Have a "diaper party" it's fun and a good way to say "see you later" to the guys.
7. Sleep now while you can.

Good luck, all that matters is that the baby is healthy and momma is happy.
This is great advice! The only thing I could add, as a woman, is that you need to pamper her the entire 9 months. She will be going through a lot of changes (not all unpleasant). The last few months are the most uncomfortable. If she is on her feet a lot, rub them because she won't be able to reach them. ;-) She will be delivering to you the best gift anyone could get and pampering her those 9 months is such a tiny price to pay.

As for baby advice, just love them. The fact that you are asking shows you are aware and you will do fine. They will tell you what they want/need. The first few weeks you will be learning each other's language but eventually you will know what they are trying to tell you with the loud waling and quiet whimpering.

Congratulations to you both!
6/2/12 - CHL Class
7/20/12 - Plastic in hand!

~Do it today! It might be illegal tomorrow. - author unknown~

strider67
Posts in topic: 2

Post by strider67 »

SewTexas wrote:
WildBill wrote:
:biggrinjester:
I just hear so many of these young girls saying "oh, I carry this bag because "Joe" won't use the pretty pink one I was given. Makes me want to slap "Joe" upside the head and say "grow up, you had a girl"
I have one of each and I can assure you I have no problem carrying my 7-year-old's Hello Kitty or Princess bags...and she looks good in her pink camo with matching pink ear muffs shooting her pink .22LR Crickett! :lol:
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

That pastel diaper bag with the little bears or whatever on it is the urban camo bag and perfect for hiding things. It's obvious a diaper bag and no one wants to go in there. You could hide any full size handgun and plenty of spare ammo and no one would suspect a thing.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
misterholt
Posts in topic: 7

Post by misterholt »

C-dub wrote:That pastel diaper bag with the little bears or whatever on it is the urban camo bag and perfect for hiding things. It's obvious a diaper bag and no one wants to go in there. You could hide any full size handgun and plenty of spare ammo and no one would suspect a thing.

Hear you loud and clear. My wife will be packing some diapers, wipes, and a brand new .45
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." Matt 5:9

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

NordicTexan wrote:Stock up on zip lock baggies, a lot of them... A zip lock baggy works wonders, especially If your out on a hot Texas day.
Or double bag the used diapers with used plastic bags from the grocery store. Not quite as effective as zip lock baggie, but always available.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Return to “Off-Topic”