Need information on knife laws

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Dave09
Posts in topic: 1

Need information on knife laws

Post by Dave09 »

So randomly a thought popped into my head :hurry:. Is it illegal to carry a pocket knife on you while drinking at a bar?
I have never heard of anything on this topic but I figured with how various things become illegal once you start drinking this may be one of them. If it is then I have been breaking the law every time I head to a bar so it would be nice to know. If it is in fact not illegal then I have a second question. Does it become illegal if the cops get you on a public intoxication charge?
Now with that said I have never and will never be in a situation to find that out first hand.

C-dub

Re: Need information on knife laws

Post by C-dub »

As long as the knife is legal you can have it while sitting drinking at the bar. As for the second part, IDK. Some DA's can get pretty imaginative when it comes to adding on charges. It's not prohibited, though.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided

Re: Need information on knife laws

Post by nightmare »

If somebody gets drunk and starts waving a knife around it sounds like a Public Intoxication charge should stick.

Code: Select all

PUBLIC INTOXICATION.  (a)  A person commits an offense if the person appears in a public place while intoxicated to the degree that the person may endanger the person or another.
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

Return to “Off-Topic”