Global Warming/Global Cooling/Climate Change

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Global Warming/Global Cooling/Climate Change

Post by Chemist45 »

I'll believe these people are serious when they serve bugs at Davos and John Kerry takes a bus to the next climate change conference.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 12

Post by powerboatr »

lest we forget planet earth warming or climate changes has now caused the sun to emit solar flares . we are the reason the sun is "dying"
brandon mumbled this non sense

i am not eating grasshoppers unless its the last thing left on earth,
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Post by anygunanywhere »

powerboatr wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:08 am lest we forget planet earth warming or climate changes has now caused the sun to emit solar flares . we are the reason the sun is "dying"

There will always be feral hogs.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 12

Post by powerboatr »

anygunanywhere wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:20 pm
powerboatr wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:08 am lest we forget planet earth warming or climate changes has now caused the sun to emit solar flares . we are the reason the sun is "dying"

There will always be feral hogs.
yes and they smoke up goooooood
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Post by srothstein »

If someone wants to talk about global warming, even if they call it climate change instead, we need to get them to answer the problem I am now calling the Rothstein Paradox (based on the famous Fermi Paradox). We have been talking about global warming for several decades now. Much of the talk is about how the poles are losing their ice caps. This also includes the loss of glacial ice. One of the problems forecast with global warming is that the ice will melt and flood the Earth.

But if we have had global warming since 1980, and have been losing ice area that long, where are the flooded cities? Even New Orleans, famous for being below the actual sea level, has not been flooded yet. Surely, with all the ice cover lost in 40 years, the sea level must have had some increase causing some city to flood somewhere? Where is it?

In case anyone was unaware, the Fermi Paradox is the question, where are the aliens? If they are so common as believed, why have they not been documented yet?
Steve Rothstein

LTUME1978

Post by LTUME1978 »

Steve,

This Global Warming/Global Cooling/Climate Change is a bunch of nonsense. Do a search on You Tube for Dr. Steven Koonin. Look for the interview with John Anderson and the presentation from the Steamboat Institute Energy and Climate Policy Summit in March 2022. The short of it is that he went though all of the material that these "climate experts" are using to convince us that the world is ending and what we are being told does not agree with the data that they are supposedly using (we are being had). Dr. Koonin has written a book on this. Bjorn Lomborg, Ph.D. also made a presentation at the summit (The Cost of Climate Alarmism) that is worth hearing.

One thing to remember, if Obama really believed all of this, do you think he would have bought a $13 million place on the water in Martha's Vineyard and a place in Hawaii?

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

LTUME1978 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:50 pm Steve,

This Global Warming/Global Cooling/Climate Change is a bunch of nonsense. Do a search on You Tube for Dr. Steven Koonin. Look for the interview with John Anderson and the presentation from the Steamboat Institute Energy and Climate Policy Summit in March 2022. The short of it is that he went though all of the material that these "climate experts" are using to convince us that the world is ending and what we are being told does not agree with the data that they are supposedly using (we are being had). Dr. Koonin has written a book on this. Bjorn Lomborg, Ph.D. also made a presentation at the summit (The Cost of Climate Alarmism) that is worth hearing.

One thing to remember, if Obama really believed all of this, do you think he would have bought a $13 million place on the water in Martha's Vineyard and a place in Hawaii?
:iagree: This right here. If i remember correctly, BEFORE global warming was the coming ice age due to petroleum usage in the 1970s. In the 1980s, it was predicted that New York would be under 2 ft of water by 2000. The climate loonies have been wrong 100% of their predictions. Forgive me if I sleep well without worrying about their ravings.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 75

Post by philip964 »

Right now is why it’s no longer called Global Warming.

The brilliance of idea to create a religion based on the idea that weather changes.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 13

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

It just makes me crazy when they try to make "climate change" into an issue. The extreme left has grasp upon yet another false premise to gain power. I was a teen in the 70's and these same idiots were screaming about the end of the world as we know it within 12 years. Here we still are 47 years later. The earth has been going through up and down "climate change" since its' existence. Ice core samples from deep in the Artic have been showing this for decades.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

:shock:
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:51 pm It just makes me crazy when they try to make "climate change" into an issue. The extreme left has grasp upon yet another false premise to gain power. I was a teen in the 70's and these same idiots were screaming about the end of the world as we know it within 12 years. Here we still are 47 years later. The earth has been going through up and down "climate change" since its' existence. Ice core samples from deep in the Artic have been showing this for decades.
Yep!

Now an increase of 0.004% in atmospheric CO2 is causing more air turbulence for high altitude airline flights.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 13

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Just Crazy!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/texa ... od-supply/

Texas Ag department says Climate Change threatens states food supply.

In the old days we just called it a drought or weather. Now it is political.

The rain that is approaching Northern California will be due to Climate Change as well along with the snow in Buffalo.

When a country goes from 200 million to 400 million people, many who have vacation homes now, bad weather harms more people and property.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OneGun »

I have seen multiple references to "climate crisis." What is the crisis? Who is dying?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://rmx.news/article/germany-last-g ... w-to-bali/

Climate protestors missed court date for blocking traffic in Stuttgart Germany to end fissile fuels because they were vacationing in Bali.

March 12, 2023

Last edited by philip964 on Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:24 am https://rmx.news/article/germany-last-g ... w-to-bali/

Climate protestors missed court date for blocking traffic in Stuttgart Germany to end fissile fuels because they were vacationing in Bali.
But I'm sure they swam to Bali to avoid carbon emissions, or maybe hitched a ride holding onto a dolphin's dorsal fin.

In somewhat related news this morning:

Greta Thunberg encourages climate activists to break laws to get out of "existential crisis"
https://voz.us/greta-thunberg-encourage ... s/?lang=en
On Friday, Swedish environmental activist Greta Thunberg urged fellow activists to go outside "legal methods" to achieve their climate goals.

The 20-year-old, who is focused on the risks of global warming, was a guest on the The View to talk about the "existential emergency" presented by climate change.
The young woman tried to justify her stance by pointing out that throughout history there have been movements that chose to push the limits in order to succeed and noted that this is precisely what should be used as an example.

"If we want to see real changes… if we look through history, if people who were advocating for, for example, social justice, if they had only used the legal methods, then we wouldn’t be where we are today for example when it comes to racial rights, and women's voting, "she said.
Greta Thunberg as a guest on The View. :shock: I don't think I could come with a better combination to stay well away from ABC during the day. And by the way, how did creepy Greta get to the U.S. to be a guest on the show? Was it Dolphin Uber again? Or did she <gasp> rely on some form of transportation powered by fossil fuel?
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “Off-Topic”