The Walking Dead!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

nyj
Posts in topic: 15

Re: The Walking Dead!

Post by nyj »

CHLLady wrote:Hubby and I are disappointed. The show has lost something...

Hoping it picks up next week. Saw next week's teaser. Looks good!
I'm definitely not into it as I was before. I forgot a lot of things after the long break from last season. I have a feeling it's coming to an end within the next season or 2.

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmra »

nyj wrote:

I'm definitely not into it as I was before. I forgot a lot of things after the long break from last season. I have a feeling it's coming to an end within the next season or 2.
I wait till the season is over and watch it on Netflix - lost interest toward the end of last season. I liked it more when they were on the move and encountered different people/challenges. Just like the farm, the prison got old.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

nyj

Post by nyj »

jmra wrote:
nyj wrote:

I wait till the season is over and watch it on Netflix - lost interest toward the end of last season. I liked it more when they were on the move and encountered different people/challenges. Just like the farm, the prison got old.
Yes it did. I'm hoping they move away from the prison. The excitement definitely came from being on the move and seeing what they find. Not the easiest thing to film, though, I'm sure.

CHLLady
Posts in topic: 8

Post by CHLLady »

I think they started to lose me when they killed off Carl's mom. I had nothing to root for.

Even the after show The Talking Dead seemed blah.

It better pick up next week...
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

nyj

Post by nyj »

The talking dead from Sunday gave a lot of good insight from the director. I enjoyed it.

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Purplehood »

I haven't watched any episodes from this season. Totally lost interest.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

CHLLady
Posts in topic: 8

Re: The Walking Dead! Spoiler

Post by CHLLady »

Well! He kicked out Carol!! I'm stunned. I'm mad :mad5

I think she did something wrong, but so has Rick and so has Carl! Why develop this reverse conscience now?! I hope she comes back in the show!!

Hubby was Team Rick and I'm team Carol. I think Daryl is going to flip when he gets back.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Javier730
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Javier730 »

Rick killed shane because shane tried to kill him. Carl killed that boy only after being attacked by him. Carol killed members of the group which isnt the same as Rick and Carl.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

ChoqPOC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ChoqPOC »

I don't understand what they are doing this season... I hope it kicks into gear soon. ps. I LOVE ZOMBIES! :mrgreen:
"Be so good, They can't ignore you"
CHL: May 2013 | NRA Member

nyj

Post by nyj »

Javier730 wrote:Rick killed shane because shane tried to kill him. Carl killed that boy only after being attacked by him. Carol killed members of the group which isnt the same as Rick and Carl.
She stepped up as a leader and felt it was her obligation to protect the group, even though it really didn't help anything by killing them.

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Right2Carry »

Carol will find the girl and the guy and team up with that group more than likely.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

nyj

Post by nyj »

Right2Carry wrote:Carol will find the girl and the guy and team up with that group more than likely.
Who?

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

Right2Carry wrote:Carol will find the girl and the guy and team up with that group more than likely.
I assume you mean those people they just met in the house??

The girl is zombie chow. The guy is AWOL. He will very likely enter the picture again soon.

gregthehand
Posts in topic: 9

Post by gregthehand »

The girl got eaten in a driveway at the end of the episode. I can't figure out why they left the house.

I don't agree with kicking out Carol. He's not on that committee that is making decisions and she was a very large contributor to the group. In situations like they are in (dealing with danger all the time, like combat) people will often make decisions that may seem immoral in normal times but in their eyes are very ethical. In the Army they used to teach leadership lessons by giving us a scenario where we had to make a decision and there was no clearly moral high ground to take. The point was to get us to make leadership decisions and keep moving. Make a good decision or a bad decision, but make a decision. Carol did just that. If she had taken it to the group they would have him-hawed around trying to decide what to do. Meanwhile the people would have turned.

I'm wondering if they will go into detail on the huge heard of walkers that were encountered on the way to the vet school. Why were so many congregated in one spot and what would a heard that large do to the prison?

Watching the show I often analyze their decisions for shelter against the zombies and think what I would do differently. One thing that doesn't make sense to me is why they continue to leave the fences un-covered. By that I mean they are savaging supplies all over, why not get some tarps and zip tie them to the fence so that the zombies can't see them. They have guard towers with tinted windows so they could still observe the zombies un-seen and maybe the things would keep walking instead of just standing there trying to get at them. Also am I the only one who wonders why everyone who lives somehwhere that it freeze would just have to wait until winter? I mean these things are still a human body and they have flowing blood as evidenced by the arterial spray every time they kill one. It stands to reason that if you lived in the mountains or say, North Dakota, on the first good freeze of the year all the zombies would turn into Popsicles.

Finally I don't think the disease is airborne. I think it's being carried by worms in the ground. They seem to be focusing on them and zombies that are decaying. It makes sense that worms would eat decaying zombies and then spread the disease but maybe that's overthinking it.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SQLGeek »

This season has really picked up compared to the last two. I was just about done after last year, the Governor plot just wasn't doing it for me. Never mind the farm house soap opera where everybody cried.

I'm also hoping they go deeper into the giant horde of zombies at the vet college. I also wonder if they're going to pick up who has been feeding the walkers at the fence? They seemed to have left that be the last few episodes.

Glen is going to get saved at the last second by antibiotics. That seems to be the obvious direction anyways.

I also think Carol is coming back, maybe to challenge Rick. I can't say I blame her for doing what she did. She seems to be the one taking the group's survival as a whole the most seriously.

OK so maybe this IS a zombie soap opera but it's my guilty pleasure. :D
Psalm 91:2

Return to “Off-Topic”