Anyone On Here Gamers?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

zero4o3
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Anyone On Here Gamers?

Post by zero4o3 »

OldCannon wrote:
zero4o3 wrote: I know a few peopel with battlefield, its suppose to be a great game but none of them are people I play xboxlive with so there for I dont plan on getting it myself
Understood. For what it's worth: Activision regards the PC as an archaic vestige of the 20th century, and contracts out their CoD games to be simply "ported" from their console versions. DICE has a massive passion for PC gaming, which is why the PC version has 3D stereographic support, GPU-based PhysX, Motion blur, high framerate, etc. In the past, console vs PC gaming wasn't very different, but things have been changing a lot in the last couple years. Still, consoles deliver EXCELLENT value for the money, and there's something wicked cool about playing an FPS like BF3 or CoD on a 60" HDTV :)
I play some PC games and happen to have a fairly decent gaming rig (ati 5870, i7-90 OC to 4ghz ) but there is something about being able to get away from the computer after spending all day on the computer at work :mrgreen: I guess I could always hook my pc up to my TV and get a wireless keyboard and mouse :lol:

The Marshal
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Marshal »

Love PC FPS shooter games. Good games. Like Ghost Recon, or RS3: Ravenshield. Not a Run & Gun player, like to use team tactics.
And Teamspeak.
Just got BF3 for the PC, but not had time to install it.
Bought a XBox, MW3 version with game, for Christmas.
So drat, I can't comment on either.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

txjim42 wrote:Wife, kids and I played DAOC for a few years. Tried WarHammer, twice. Not much of a gamer myself anymore except infrequent low-level DAOC battleground or WarHammer free-trial runs. Kids have played Rift, WoW, but are mostly into Xbox/console games these days. I liked DAOC PvP, mostly, was hopeful for Warhammer, but it didn't work in the long run. Not really into the FPS or space games. Seasonal Elf-bowling.
Ho Ho Ho, MERRY CHRISTMAS! :lol:

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

OldCannon wrote:
Purplehood wrote:PC Gamer. I have a PS3 at home but it is for my kid when he comes over on weekends.
I am currently playing Fallen Earth (think Fallout 3 for MMPORPG).
My callsign: I think you know it!
Interesting, my brother LOVED Fallen Earth and wrote several mods for it. I guess he was well known for some of his work. As a person in the game development industry, I tend to look at games with a critical eye. My experience playing Fallen Earth was that the developers got together and said, "Let's make the WORST MMO evar!" and each developer took it as a personal challenge to outdo each other in horribleness. I'm sure you don't feel that way (I know my brother didn't), but I think in many cases, video games are like sausage and laws. You shouldn't watch any of the three being made "rlol"
Fallen Earth is merely my entertainment until the next Grand Campaign comes out for PanzerCorps.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

CEOofEVIL

Post by CEOofEVIL »

zero4o3 wrote:I play some PC games and happen to have a fairly decent gaming rig (ati 5870, i7-90 OC to 4ghz ) but there is something about being able to get away from the computer after spending all day on the computer at work :mrgreen: I guess I could always hook my pc up to my TV and get a wireless keyboard and mouse :lol:
I hear you on that! When I was working a website support job, the last thing I wanted to do was come home and sit infront of my PC, even if it was to frag some bad guys. I spent a lot of time gaming on my 360 those days,and I bought one of These. The one I own is the older model, as the company was bought out and some changes were made. Mine was the "Bannco Scorch 360". Because of that, I can't speak to the Aimon's performance, but the Scorch worked "OK" for me. I have a bit of it a review I wrote up for it Here, but it's a bit long if you aren't in the mood for reading - the bottom line is it's not perfect and I'd much perfer to own a XIM3 adapter, which allows you to use almost any wired KB/mouse on your 360. I totally want one when I get the extra cash, they seem to almost perfectly replicate the PC control experience. I've since gone back to using my normal Xbox 360 controller instead of the Scorch because it got to be to much of a PITA to use. Still though, it's nice to sit on your couch in fron of your flatscreen and get something similiar to a PC gaming experience.

On another note...
Heartland Patriot wrote: And the games I have liked the most in the last couple of years have been the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series from the Ukraine...LOTS of guns, most of them based on real ones. I am most looking forward to the new Max Payne 3 and Far Cry 3 that are due out next year.
The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are AWESOME! The amount of guns in it are awesome, and the majority of them look great (aside from ejection ports on the wrong side). If you have a chance, try playing the Original with the STALKER Complete Mod, it really makes it feel like a more modern game and it looks just as beautiful as S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat. I can't wait for the next game in the series to come out.

Also, for those of you that really enjoy the more tactical shooters check out SWAT 4. It's a few years old, but man, I think it's one of the last great Tacitcal FPS's to hit the market in recent years (as far as Single Player goes).

EDIT: I forgot to mention... I'm CEOofEVIL on Steam, Origin (And thusly, BF3), and Xbox live should you want to game together. :mrgreen:

74novaman
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 74novaman »

Finally got my new card in. Holy you know what...BF3 looks AMAZING.

My origin name is Doubletap47 if anyone wants to play
TANSTAAFL

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

CEOofEVIL wrote: Also, for those of you that really enjoy the more tactical shooters check out SWAT 4. It's a few years old, but man, I think it's one of the last great Tacitcal FPS's to hit the market in recent years (as far as Single Player goes).
SWAT4 is one of *the best* tactical shooters.
Multiplayer in SWAT4 is where it is at. Breaching a room from two doors is a blast.

Topic author
snatchel

Post by snatchel »

It's starting to snow..... Looks like MisterSnatchel will be on Xbox this evening gaming it up through the cold weather. I hope to see some of you fellow members on there :)..

For those of you that dont know, there is a pretty good little group of us on MW3 online multiplayer.. we dont have a clan or anything, but we play in a party often. Sometimes we do well.. sometimes we are absolutely dominated... but it's a good time! Send me or fenster or zero a friend request and join us!
No More Signature

Fangs
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Fangs »

Mostly an Xbox gamer, got tired of having to keep up with PC games' requirements. Though I'll be back for Diablo III when that comes out sometime in the next 10 years... :grumble

Other than that I play mostly Skyrim, Halo: Reach, and Borderlands. Waiting for Borderlands 2. :biggrinjester:

RequiemOfSpleen on xbl.
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

Some guys I used to play CS:S with have our own BF3 server now. Its normally only full at night. [LG] Lazy Gamers server. Conquest, Air maps, 2x tickets. :cool:
TANSTAAFL

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 6

Post by OldCannon »

74novaman wrote:Some guys I used to play CS:S with have our own BF3 server now. Its normally only full at night. [LG] Lazy Gamers server. Conquest, Air maps, 2x tickets. :cool:
OOh.. I am SO there :thewave
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

OldCannon wrote:
74novaman wrote:Some guys I used to play CS:S with have our own BF3 server now. Its normally only full at night. [LG] Lazy Gamers server. Conquest, Air maps, 2x tickets. :cool:
OOh.. I am SO there :thewave
OC, here's the link. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/se ... -Air-Maps/

I'm doubletap47. I normally play as a terrible, terrible recon soldier. As in, .5 K/d most of the time. :banghead:
TANSTAAFL

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 6

Post by OldCannon »

74novaman wrote: I'm doubletap47. I normally play as a terrible, terrible recon soldier. As in, .5 K/d most of the time. :banghead:
That's cuz I stab snipers like you all the time. More dogtags for me :mrgreen:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

zero4o3

Post by zero4o3 »

snatchel wrote:It's starting to snow..... Looks like MisterSnatchel will be on Xbox this evening gaming it up through the cold weather. I hope to see some of you fellow members on there :)..

For those of you that dont know, there is a pretty good little group of us on MW3 online multiplayer.. we dont have a clan or anything, but we play in a party often. Sometimes we do well.. sometimes we are absolutely dominated... but it's a good time! Send me or fenster or zero a friend request and join us!
yeah its been fun, so far we seem to win more then we lose, but when we lose man its bad :mrgreen:

Return to “Off-Topic”