Sydney Powell admits she made it all up!!!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Ruark
Posts in topic: 1

Sydney Powell admits she made it all up!!!

Post by Ruark »

Sydney Powell apparently was just defending her client, and knowingly made up the entire "Dominion" thing. Holy crap.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/22/politics ... index.html
-Ruark

Paladin

Re: Sydney Powell admits she made it all up!!!

Post by Paladin »

That article sounds pretty biased, particularly as Sydney was not the only one indicating serious problems with the voting machines.

This line gets me:
Trump's lawyers and his allies quickly lost or dropped all but one minor case out of nearly 60 following the election
The USSC refuses to hear cases... or declares them moot... so that's a loss???

This was not a 'Minor case': Trump Vindicated as Judge Rules Michigan Secretary of State Violated Election Laws

Interesting that she was working for Trump, even though Trump had distanced himself, and that she is not standing by her claims.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

wil

Post by wil »

Ruark wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:50 am Sydney Powell apparently was just defending her client, and knowingly made up the entire "Dominion" thing. Holy crap.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/22/politics ... index.html
no she did not. They are taking one single statement entirely out of context and turning it into a lie.

Her context was reasonable people would not readily accept what she was claiming until the facts to back up her claim were proven in court.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

This is an interesting legal theory at play. As I understand it, for Powell to have defamed Dominion, they must prove that her claims were false and she knew it, the claims were believed, and the claims damaged their reputation (i.e. caused a loss). But in trying to show the claims were false, Dominion labelled them "outlandish", "wild accusations", "highly improbable", or "impossible". So Powell is arguing that their complaint contains allegations that show the claims could not be believed by any reasonable person. If this is true, the defamation claim fails for not meeting the requirements. Dominion would now have to prove that their reputation was damaged and some loss occurred because the mythical "reasonable" person believed these claims and reacted in a manner that harmed them. That could be a tough row to hoe.

If this succeeds, it proves to me that Powell,or whichever of her current attorneys came up with this defense, is a much better lawyer than I thought earlier.

What is that saying? It is an interesting move, let's see how that works out for them.
Steve Rothstein

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

What I have learned being a litigation consultant and providing expert witness services. When I am on the stand, I take the oath to tell the truth. The lawyers cross-examining me don't take an oath.

Lawyers are charged to zealously represent their clients, not seek the truth.

In trial, lawyers are performing, putting on a show.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

i would seriously doubt it was made up
we watched all 10 hrs or so of the GA senate hearing on fraud in their state. this is video of folks being told to leave counting rooms, then hrs later a few counters reappear and take out suitcase of ballots from under a table and begin counting with no observers or officials other than the 4

its on the ga senate web site archives...its not made up
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Off-Topic”