War with Russia- prefer AK over AR platform

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Paladin
Posts in topic: 27

Re: War with Russia

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:00 pm https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ly-calling

US ups the potential for all out war with Russia by committing “War Crimes” against the people of Ukraine.

I remember when the Dems were all anti war dove folks.
Mental illness is rampant in their crowd: White Liberals Disproportionately Suffer From Mental Illness

And they are using the same garbage that caused so much preventable death and destruction in WW1:
Fooled by propaganda? If so, they writhe in the knowledge that they were the blind pawns in plans which they did not incubate, and which they neither devised nor comprehended nor approved.
propaganda-technique-in-the-world-war
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Grayling813 »

Paladin wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:02 am
Mental illness is rampant in their crowd: White Liberals Disproportionately Suffer From Mental Illness

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 75

Post by philip964 »

This sounds pretty serious.

I hope NATO is prepared for this lightening attack on Poland.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Where did I put my tinfoil hat... Oh; here it is. Let me put this on...

To get really wild on the prognostication front, and an imminent attack on Poland seems sort of farfetched, but a few bullet points to consider:
  • Financial sanctions against Russia have pretty much done squat other than annoy some oligarchs; Russian oil and gas is still selling like crazy. Russian GDP has actually been growing. Putin invaded Ukraine in February 2022. Russia's GDP was $1.489 trillion in 2020; $1.779 trillion in 2021; $1.837 trillion in 2022; and as of March 2023 the data projections indicate $2.240 trillion for 2023.
  • The U.S. GDP for 2022 was $2.332 trillion.
  • According to the CBO, Biden is going to match Trump's addition to the national debt in just three years, reaching a total of $7.1 trillion over his four years. That would be $1.5 trillion more than Trump contributed during his term, which included all the 2020 one-time COVID emergency spending. Biden's 2024 budget adds as much in total to the national debt as Trump and Bush 43 combined.
  • Consider how much money and munitions the U.S. and other countries have sent to Ukraine. Since the war began, the U.S. has sent more than $75 billion in assistance to Ukraine. I'm not dissing the decision, but read on...
  • Even some EU countries remain dependent upon Russian energy. Biden has essentially drained and not replaced U.S. oil reserves and has been on a policy warpath to destroy the U.S. fossil fuel industries. We have no way to help our EU partners if they lose Russian oil and gas.
  • By far the strongest entity in NATO is the United States. If there is to be any global police work, it's going to have to be led by the U.S.
  • Look who we have running the United States, and who his backup is if he can no longer serve.
  • We swear in a (I hope new) president January 2025. Until then, we have weak leadership, a military that has lost much of it's operator experience base following the full withdrawal from the Middle East and Central Asia, and a military that can't meet its enlistment goals and keeps lowering the minimum requirements every year.
  • Russia and China have become more and more chummy of late. Nuclear power (whether we like it or not) Iran is chummy with Russia and, after all the U.S.-led sanctions, dependent upon Russian oil & gas. China is super chummy with nuclear power North Korea.
  • The People's Republic of China very much wants Taiwan. The top two semiconductor exporters in the world are China and Taiwan, followed by Singapore, Malaysia, and South Korea. The U.S. is down in 6th place, yet we're the worlds largest consumer of semiconductors.
  • The Center for Strategic & International Studies wrote in June 2022: "All major U.S. defense systems and platforms rely on semiconductors for their performance. Consequently, the erosion of U.S. capabilities in microelectronics is a direct threat to the United States' ability to defend itself and its allies. Moreover, the U.S. civilian economy is deeply dependent on semiconductor-based platforms for its daily operations.... U.S.-based chip manufacturing has declined to around 10 percent of the world total and lacks the onshore capability to make the most advanced devices..."
So, what if...

Putin was actually playing the long game. What if he never really cared about Russian casualties in Ukraine and never bothered to send a full press of the army against it. The goal being to draw the U.S. and allies into spending tons of money and sending military resources to Ukraine.

Oh, and by the way, we did just recently abandon a few dollars worth military equipment with the well-planned and carefully orchestrated withdrawal from Afghanistan. Estimates are that the U.S. gifted the Taliban over $7 billion (some unofficial numbers are much higher, some upwards of $80 billion when you include all the aircraft) worth of our military's vehicles, weapons, and ammunition, and that doesn't include the over $28 billion worth we gave to the Afghan military. Point being that we haven't met projections of next-gen weapons development; we've been sending scads of money and military equipment elsewhere; rank-and-file confidence in our military and political leaders is low; and we are consistently failing to meet new military recruiting goals. Sounds like a weakened superpower to me.

With 15 months left until the next U.S. presidential election, what if Russia and China are coordinating their desired timings to act while the Biden/Harris clown show is in office? The U.S. has a contractual commitment to NATO. It also has at least a spoken commitment to Taiwan...but moreover, it can't afford to lose Taiwan for things like semiconductor chips.

What happens in the Oval Office if, simultaneously, Russia throws everything it has at Ukraine--and maybe even crosses into Poland--while Xi Jinping actively moves on the military "annexation" of Taiwan? Does the U.S. have any hope of responding to two, simultaneous military crises? And what if "the axis of evil" brings Iran into the picture and there is escalated aggression against Israel at exactly the same time? What if U.S. commitments to its allies has, simultaneously, war in Ukraine and Poland, Taiwan and the South China Sea, and Israel and the Middle East?

Now I'm really sorry I put this tinfoil hat on... :???:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by der Teufel »

I've been avoiding commenting on this topice so far, but…

I don't believe Putin's strategy in Ukraine was to "…draw the U.S. and allies into spending tons of money and sending military resources to Ukraine." I think he assumed that the U.S. and NATO would not get so directly involved and that Russion would quickly steamroll Ukraine. He was obviously wrong.

If China, Iran, and Russia coordinated actions, either directly or by opportunistic coincidence, it would be bad, but NATO would get even more involved if Poland were were attacked. We'd see NATO fighters, bombers, and missiles flying over Russian territory. I'm pretty sure Putin does NOT want that.

As for semiconductors, I worked a couple of decades in the area of semiconductor manufacturing, most of that time involved with high-reliability components sold to military contractors. Often there were contractural requirements for domestic manufacturing, specifically for the purpose of maintaining a local supply in case of global conflict. While we produced wafers, assembled parts, and tested them in the good ol' USA, some of the package components, most commonly lead frames for ICs, were made in Japan or somewhere else in the far east. Even if we construct more wafer fabs in the continental US, there will most likely be something that's necessary for a finished product that we won't have. Whenever we pointed this out, the response was usually that they cared more about jobs for U.S. workers than true defense preparedness. My reply, which won me no appeciation, was "Are we running a defense products business or a jobs/welfare program"? In short, domestic semiconductor production is a dream. We won't have the ability to produce a meaningful quantity of components despite the efforts of our politicians because they are focused more on the jobs aspects rather than true total manufacturing capabilities.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Paladin
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Paladin »

I my mind Brandon allowed the situation in Ukraine to spiral out of control as a distraction to his many failures and as a way of siphoning off Ukraine aid money that has largely been unaccountable.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Putin Warns Poland and NATO
https://voxday.net/2023/07/23/putin-war ... -and-nato/
Both the Europeans and European elites see that support for Ukraine is, in fact, a dead end, an empty, endless waste of money and effort, and in fact, serving someone else’s interests, which are far from European: the interests of the overseas global hegemon, which benefits from the weakening of Europe. The endless prolongation of the Ukrainian conflict is also beneficial to it.

Judging by the actual state of affairs, this is exactly what today’s US ruling elites are doing. Anyways, this is the logic they follow. It is largely questionable whether such a policy is in line with the American people’s true, vital interests; this is a rhetorical question, and it is up to them to decide.

However, massive efforts are being taken to stoke the fire of war – including by exploiting the ambitions of certain East European leaders, who have long turned their hatred for Russia and Russophobia into their key export commodity and a tool of their domestic policy. And now they want to capitalise on the Ukrainian tragedy.

In this regard, I cannot refrain from commenting on what has just been said and on media reports that have come out about plans to establish some sort of the so-called Polish-Lithuanian-Ukrainian unit. This is not about a group of mercenaries – there are plenty of them there and they are being destroyed – but about a well-organised, equipped regular military unit to be used for operations in Ukraine, including to allegedly ensure the security of today’s Western Ukraine – actually, to call things by their true name, for the subsequent occupation of these territories. The outlook is clear: in the event Polish forces enter, say, Lvov or other Ukrainian territories, they will stay there, and they will stay there for good.

And we will actually see nothing new. Just to remind you, following WWI, after the defeat of Germany and its allies, Polish units occupied Lvov and adjacent territories that had been part of Austria-Hungary.

With its actions incited by the West, Poland took advantage of the tragedy of the Civil War in Russia and annexed certain historical Russian provinces. In dire straits, our country had to sign the Treaty of Riga in 1921 and recognise the annexation of its territories.

Even earlier, back in 1920, Poland captured part of Lithuania – the Vilnius region, a territory surrounding the present-day Vilnius. So they claimed that they fought together with the Lithuanians against so-called Russian imperialism, but then immediately snatched a piece of land from their neighbour as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

As is well known, Poland also took part in the partition of Czechoslovakia following the Munich Agreement with Adolf Hitler in 1938, by fully occupying Cieszyn Silesia.

In the 1920-1930s, Poland’s Eastern Borderlands (Kresy) – a territory that comprises present-day Western Ukraine, Western Belarus and part of Lithuania – witnessed a tough policy of Polonisation and assimilation of local residents, with efforts to suppress local culture and Orthodoxy.

I would also like to remind you what Poland’s aggressive policy led to. It led to the national tragedy of 1939, when Poland’s Western allies threw it to the German wolf, the German miliary machine. Poland actually lost its independence and statehood, which were only restored thanks in a large measure to the Soviet Union. It was also thanks to the Soviet Union and thanks to Stalin’s position that Poland acquired substantial territory in the west, German territory. It is a fact that Poland’s western lands are a gift from Stalin.

Have our Warsaw friends forgotten this? We will remind them.

Today we see that the regime in Kiev is ready to go to any length to save its treacherous hide and to prolong its existence. They do not care for the people of Ukraine or Ukrainian sovereignty or national interests.

They are ready to sell anything, including people and land, just like their ideological forefathers led by Petlyura, who signed the so-called secret conventions with Poland in 1920 under which they ceded Galicia and Western Volhynia to Poland in return for military support. Traitors like them are ready now to open the gate to their foreign handlers and to sell Ukraine again.

As for the Polish leaders, they probably hope to form a coalition under the NATO umbrella in order to directly intervene in the conflict in Ukraine and to bite off as much as possible, to “regain,” as they see it, their historical territories, that is, modern-day Western Ukraine.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... emlin.html

Drone strikes hit Moscow office building.

Putin threatens nukes.

In other war news Wagner Group gets closer to Poland.

My thoughts: Brandon may need to “ wag the dog” as his Hunter problems point at him.

Was the drone attack a false flag? What was the military target?
Why not hit a big petrochemical complex? Seems a stupid tactic for Ukraine.

Armybrat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Armybrat »

Somebody needs to hand Putin a fancy engraved Walther PPK.
The world will be better off without that scumbag war criminal, Biden corruption notwithstanding.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/internat ... -jet-crash

Wagner Chief dies or doesnt die in plane crash near Moscow. There were two planes one landed safely other did not.

Not sure why he was flying back to Moscow.

He survived a month or more. Remarkable.

Putin apparently had better luck than Bill Clinton.

I’ll update when we know for sure.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

philip964 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:25 pm https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/internat ... -jet-crash

Wagner Chief dies or doesnt die in plane crash near Moscow. There were two planes one landed safely other did not.

Not sure why he was flying back to Moscow.

He survived a month or more. Remarkable.

Putin apparently had better luck than Bill Clinton.

I’ll update when we know for sure.
ouch didnt see that coming
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

where was hillary?
again
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

The most recent updates I can find are all leaning toward DOA and moving away from the "presumed" language. From Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/te ... 023-08-23/. That includes a subtitled Russian news feed. The video purported to show the actual crash contains a vertical nose dive right to the ground. Ten people were on board; two were crew members. Eight bodies have been recovered so far, but no one survived that drop out of the sky. If Prigozhin was on that plane, he's gone.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... as-crashed

Saying it was a missile that took down the passenger jet.

A little more reliable than a frayed wire.

Return to “Off-Topic”