Reacher on Amazon Prime

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 8

Reacher on Amazon Prime

Post by philip964 »

I'm loving it. Watched episode 3 and 4 last night. Wife is enjoying it as well.

Allan Ritchson is fantastic as Jack Reacher. Much better than Tom Cruise, although both Jack Reacher movies were good.

Not as much gun fighting as fist fighting. Its like if Sherlock Holmes was a brute with a sense of humor.

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Reacher on Amazon Prime

Post by BigGuy »

philip964 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:18 pm I'm loving it. Watched episode 3 and 4 last night. Wife is enjoying it as well.

Allan Ritchson is fantastic as Jack Reacher. Much better than Tom Cruise, although both Jack Reacher movies were good.

Not as much gun fighting as fist fighting. Its like if Sherlock Holmes was a brute with a sense of humor.
One thing in the first episode that had me rolling my eyes was intake at the jail. They didn't bend over and spread where I worked. They had to squat and cough. They all did that whether or not there was a weapon involved. Even in for DUI, you squatted and coughed. You pull that you'll get hurt stuff and you'll get hurt, probed, and additional charges. We have to start out nice, but you go hands on with a CO, and even Jack Reacher will have up to 140 guys and gals with OC, taser, and baton if needed.
And if he truly is that tough, the PD is one floor down.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

The wife and I have watched 3 episodes each two nights, so 2 left. Really enjoying it. Alan Ritchson is a way more believable Reacher than Tom Cruise could ever be.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

We finished the series in a couple of days. My wife loved it because it wasn’t drenched in F-bombs and sexy-times scenes. I had to watch Yellowstone alone, so Reacher was good.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TxRVer »

I watched episodes 1-4 a couple of nights ago. Excellent show. Have you guys watched Bosch on Amazon?
Charlie

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

TxRVer wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:15 am I watched episodes 1-4 a couple of nights ago. Excellent show. Have you guys watched Bosch on Amazon?
Stopped at season 2, not sure why.

http://dlvr.it/SJZ0FN?fbclid=IwAR1kNBVw ... ipdQqUX6so

Reacher renewed for Season 2

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

On a related topic...I plan to subscribe to Paramount + for a short time to binge watch 1883. Is anybody watching it that can tell me how many episodes are available for viewing?
Charlie

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sjfcontrol »

TxRVer wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:26 am On a related topic...I plan to subscribe to Paramount + for a short time to binge watch 1883. Is anybody watching it that can tell me how many episodes are available for viewing?
It is currently 7. They seem to come out irregularly, though another is due out the 13th. IMDB.com is your friend for this kind of stuff.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

sjfcontrol wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:48 am
TxRVer wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:26 am On a related topic...I plan to subscribe to Paramount + for a short time to binge watch 1883. Is anybody watching it that can tell me how many episodes are available for viewing?
It is currently 7. They seem to come out irregularly, though another is due out the 13th. IMDB.com is your friend for this kind of stuff.
Thanks. I use Imbd all the time when I see a familiar face in an old movie or TV show, and can't put a name to the face. I was watching Highway Patrol yesterday and saw a young Clint Eastwood on a motorcycle.

If 1883 follows the form of other shows these days, there will be 10 episodes to a season.
Charlie

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

TxRVer wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:56 am
sjfcontrol wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:48 am
Thanks. I use Imbd all the time when I see a familiar face in an old movie or TV show, and can't put a name to the face. I was watching Highway Patrol yesterday and saw a young Clint Eastwood on a motorcycle.

If 1883 follows the form of other shows these days, there will be 10 episodes to a season.
Yeah, I’m so old I can remember when tv shows were 26 episodes (26 = 6 months)
Never Forget. Image

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:24 am We finished the series in a couple of days. My wife loved it because it wasn’t drenched in F-bombs and sexy-times scenes. I had to watch Yellowstone alone, so Reacher was good.
It's funny. There are plenty of F-bombs in Reacher, but they don't seem nearly as offensive as they are in Yellowstone.
Charlie

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

TxRVer wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:15 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:24 am We finished the series in a couple of days. My wife loved it because it wasn’t drenched in F-bombs and sexy-times scenes. I had to watch Yellowstone alone, so Reacher was good.
It's funny. There are plenty of F-bombs in Reacher, but they don't seem nearly as offensive as they are in Yellowstone.
If you're looking for F-bombs, try watching "Ozark" on Netflix - enough to make a granite statue blush. :eek6
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2022/02/07/jack-reac ... tv-series/

Author praises recasting of taller actor.

Probably anyone they picked would be taller.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

sjfcontrol wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:21 pm
If you're looking for F-bombs, try watching "Ozark" on Netflix - enough to make a granite statue blush. :eek6
No thanks. I hate that word.
philip964 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:23 pm https://nypost.com/2022/02/07/jack-reac ... tv-series/

Author praises recasting of taller actor.

Probably anyone they picked would be taller.
LOL, that's for sure.
Charlie

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

That’s weird, because neither my wife nor I remember there being much profanity at all. Maybe it’s because the cussing wasn’t a central characteristic of the characters. In Yellowstone, the male cussing was exceeded only by the female cussing. Now, this stuff doesn’t bother me nearly as much as it does my wife, but even I thought it was a bit overdone.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”