SPAM text message stopper APP or something

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Re: SPAM text message stopper APP or something

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I got a call about five years ago from some outfit claiming I had a warrant for my arrest due to unpaid social security taxes. I messed with that idiot for an hour before he got frustrated and hung up. The funny part was he had a very thick Indian accent but gave me some name like Joe Smith or something. That crap must work on some people or they would stop doing it. Now if I can just get the real-estate people to leave me alone.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Flightmare »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:36 am I got a call about five years ago from some outfit claiming I had a warrant for my arrest due to unpaid social security taxes. I messed with that idiot for an hour before he got frustrated and hung up. The funny part was he had a very thick Indian accent but gave me some name like Joe Smith or something. That crap must work on some people or they would stop doing it. Now if I can just get the real-estate people to leave me alone.
You should check out Scammer Payback on youtube. Very interesting
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by powerboatr »

OneGun wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:35 am I got another call that my SSN was found to be associated with criminal activity and that I was going to be arrested. I told them I'm already at the police station reporting a car accident and that I would turn myself in. I asked if they wanted to talk to the officer that is with me. They hung up.
now that is a good one

we have received the call from fake agent claiming we had warrants for our arrest for income taxes...he got very belligerent and made threats.
so we told him to come on down and arrest us.
this continued for several days, then we would place phone under tv speaker and let him rant for minutes

and indian tried to give me money because i was a good citizen...his words :biggrinjester:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

RoboKiller works but you have to turn on the settings for spam text messages.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

My question is after repeated requests for a particular caller to stop calling, when and is it possible to sue them for Harrassment??
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

FWIW..... When I see a caller ID that I don't recognize, if I have time, I'll answer the call but not say anything. Silence. Usually the call disconnects after 15 seconds or so.

I've been told, forget where, that this flags the number as a unused number in their system, reducing future calls.... Not sure how true that is...
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Off-Topic”