Midterm Election

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 9168
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Midterm Election

#31

Post by RoyGBiv »

Ruark wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:34 pm Yeah, we'd make sort of a party of it, staying up late with snacks and watching the results roll in.

As far as Republicans, I hope they get something done. They have a history of giving fist-thumping speeches, getting elected by excited voters, and then sitting there for 4 years doing nothing. E.g. Trump: "my first day in office, those 'gun free zones' will disappear."
With Uncle Joe having veto power, the only thing a R Congress can do is draw contrasts... Passing up a bill to drill for oil everywhere, only to have it vetoed, doesn't get anything actually done. Yes.. it's better than today, for sure, but, still deadlock unless the D's decide to break ranks on some things and override vetoes.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek
User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 7129
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Midterm Election

#32

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:19 am
Vol Texan wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:24 pm God only knows what they do to it after I drop it off.
And that’s the rub, isn't it? Reminds me of the Battle of Athens, Tennessee. The REAL shenanigans didn’t take place until the "higher authority" confiscated the ballot boxes and brought them to the courthouse for "protection". That’s when a group of men who are among my personal pantheon of heroes stepped in and ended the problem.

One would hope that violence would no longer be required to safeguard the sanctity of the vote…but I grow increasingly skeptical over the years.
I'm holding my breath on all the close elections. The Democrats have machinations in place and have vast experience in corrupting and fostering fraudulent elections and have since post Civil War.
And then there's this headline:
DOJ to monitor polling sites across country amid fears of voter intimidation
(Blue colored text added for obvious reasons)
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 16802
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Midterm Election

#33

Post by philip964 »

All I see are stories about machines not working in Maricopa county in Arizona and a judge saying people can vote in PA up to two weeks after the election.

Plus not having election results until weeks after the election.

So go vote if you have not already.
User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 7756
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: Richmond, Texas

Re: Midterm Election

#34

Post by anygunanywhere »

TINVOWOOT
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand
User avatar

Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 1839
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Midterm Election

#35

Post by Grayling813 »

anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:50 pm TINVOWOOT
:iagree: Voting machines not working all over the country, including in Texas. The attempted steal is ongoing....
But what do we mean by the American Revolution? Do we mean the American war? The Revolution was effected before the war commenced. The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations. -John Adams

srothstein
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 5128
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Luling, TX

Re: Midterm Election

#36

Post by srothstein »

puma guy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:40 pm DOJ to monitor polling sites across country amid fears of voter intimidation
Gov. Desantis had the perfect answer to this. He told the DOJ that Florida law does not allow the DOJ observers in the polling locations. And he enforced that rule.
Steve Rothstein
User avatar

RPBrown
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 4885
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:56 am
Location: Irving, Texas

Re: Midterm Election

#37

Post by RPBrown »

Congrats to Abbott, Patrick, and Paxton. Just wish we could get Dallas County to go Red.
I have not been able to find out, did we win Texas house and Senate overall?
Last edited by RPBrown on Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member
Image
User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 5406
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Midterm Election

#38

Post by Paladin »

RPBrown wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:42 am Congrats to Abbott, Patrick, and Paxton. Just wish we could get Dallas County to go Red.
:iagree:

Looks like Soros DA Creuzot will have a couple more years to foster a crime wave here in Dallas County. Perhaps Abbott, Patrick, and Paxton can help us?
JOIN NRA TODAY!
NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, VCDL Member
LTC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 5406
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Midterm Election

#39

Post by Paladin »

Grayling813 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:25 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:50 pm TINVOWOOT
:iagree: Voting machines not working all over the country, including in Texas. The attempted steal is ongoing....
There is no question that election stealing has been going on for a long long time and that in 2020 it went off the charts to new levels. I expect the criminals to continue stealing as much as they can, as long as they can, until they are stopped.

Prayers go to the good people of Pennsylvania who just got robbed.
JOIN NRA TODAY!
NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, VCDL Member
LTC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 7756
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: Richmond, Texas

Re: Midterm Election

#40

Post by anygunanywhere »

Paladin wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:58 am
Grayling813 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:25 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:50 pm TINVOWOOT
:iagree: Voting machines not working all over the country, including in Texas. The attempted steal is ongoing....
There is no question that election stealing has been going on for a long long time and that in 2020 it went off the charts to new levels. I expect the criminals to continue stealing as much as they can, as long as they can, until they are stopped.

Prayers go to the good people of Pennsylvania who just got robbed.
The people of Pennsylvania did not get robbed. They opened the door and pulled the freakshow in.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

parabelum
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2704
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Re: Midterm Election

#41

Post by parabelum »

anygunanywhere wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:13 am
Paladin wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:58 am
Grayling813 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:25 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:50 pm TINVOWOOT
:iagree: Voting machines not working all over the country, including in Texas. The attempted steal is ongoing....
There is no question that election stealing has been going on for a long long time and that in 2020 it went off the charts to new levels. I expect the criminals to continue stealing as much as they can, as long as they can, until they are stopped.

Prayers go to the good people of Pennsylvania who just got robbed.
The people of Pennsylvania did not get robbed. They opened the door and pulled the freakshow in.
If a banana with a “D” was on the ballot it would have “won” there.
User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 26558
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Midterm Election

#42

Post by The Annoyed Man »

anygunanywhere wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:13 am
Paladin wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:58 am
Grayling813 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:25 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:50 pm TINVOWOOT
:iagree: Voting machines not working all over the country, including in Texas. The attempted steal is ongoing....
There is no question that election stealing has been going on for a long long time and that in 2020 it went off the charts to new levels. I expect the criminals to continue stealing as much as they can, as long as they can, until they are stopped.

Prayers go to the good people of Pennsylvania who just got robbed.
The people of Pennsylvania did not get robbed. They opened the door and pulled the freakshow in.
And this is what comes when the GOP runs idiots like Oz. Well, Pennsylvanians are about to discover what kind of Lurch they elected. May God help them by making it so plainly obvious that they’ll have a nice red wave of their own the next time around.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Ruark
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Midterm Election

#43

Post by Ruark »

It's just unbelievable that there are enough utterly stupid people out there to elect and RE-ELECT people like Whitmire, Newsom, Fetterman, Hochul, Schumer, Pelosi, etc. Just unbelievable. Unbelievable.
Last edited by Ruark on Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Ruark

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 16802
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Midterm Election

#44

Post by philip964 »

philip964 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:58 pm Bill Maher claims Republicans are ‘definitely going to win’ midterms thanks to 'woke culture'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-mahe ... ke-culture

He’s a lib saying it.

I think it’s going to be extraordinary.

Historic. Record breaking.

My concern is that the Republicans will mess it up just like they did for Trumps first two years.

We need. LTC reciprocity across the US.

A definition of Male and Female XX and XY.
Well I have never been more wrong.

Hard for me to imagine that so many people were so happy with Brandon’s first two years they wanted more.
User avatar

chamberc
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: Las Colinas

Re: Midterm Election

#45

Post by chamberc »

RPBrown wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:42 am Congrats to Abbott, Patrick, and Paxton. Just wish we could get Dallas County to go Red.
I have not been able to find out, did we win Texas house and Senate overall?
Senate no. House, maybe.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”