Attorney for Gun Trust

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Attorney for Gun Trust

Post by carlson1 »

I have a Suppressor that I bought about 7 years ago or maybe later. I would like to sale it, but not for sure how to do that. It is a 30 cal Yankee Hill Supressor. I want to sale it, but not sure how to do that.

The second thing is I have a gun trust. The address needs to be changed and I may add one more NFA item. I would like an attorney who deals with stuff (who doesn’t needs a house payment) to help me. I would like them to also just read over the trust to make sure all the I’s are dotted and the T’s are crossed. If you dear people have any suggestions or can point me in the right direction in the DFW area I would like some help and it would be highly appreciated.

NewGunGuy3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Attorney for Gun Trust

Post by NewGunGuy3 »

I used Gun Trust Guru dot com and had an excellent experience. I replaced a $$ trust that was a pain to manage with one of his. Now, it’s so much simpler. We spoke on the phone to make sure everything was 100% good and off I went.

I’m sure others will have their opinions which is fine, I’m just saying I had a very positive experience with a somewhat complicated situation. Good luck.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This is the attorney I'm going to use. I don't know him, but I saw his presentation in a Texas Continuing Education seminar. I was impressed.

Chas.

https://texasguntrust.com/

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:02 pm This is the attorney I'm going to use. I don't know him, but I saw his presentation in a Texas Continuing Education seminar. I was impressed.

Chas.

Thank you.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

NewGunGuy3 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:49 pm I used Gun Trust Guru dot com and had an excellent experience. I replaced a $$ trust that was a pain to manage with one of his. Now, it’s so much simpler. We spoke on the phone to make sure everything was 100% good and off I went.

I’m sure others will have their opinions which is fine, I’m just saying I had a very positive experience with a somewhat complicated situation. Good luck.
Charles L. Cotton wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:02 pm This is the attorney I'm going to use. I don't know him, but I saw his presentation in a Texas Continuing Education seminar. I was impressed.

Chas.

FWIW.... The Gun Trust Guru folks advertise that their trust documents are prepared by the same person that runs Texas Gun Trust.
I assume Jim Willi is ok with this.... ??

If so, it's $80 vs $300. Some additional customization in the $300 offer directly from Mr Willi, perhaps??

Will monitor this thread for additional opinions, since I am considering a trust for a suppressor. Thanks!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Dean and the crew at NFA Lawyers are top notch. Very involved in the NFA world and always available for questions.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I just don't get the purpose of a specific trust just for NFA items. I own 3 which I got when CLEO signature was required on the Form 4 for individual owners. Back then, if I couldn't get sign off THEN I would have created an entity. Now that it is no longer required I see no reason for an entity to own my NFA items. I already have a will and testamentary trust that will handle the items upon my death. If my brother in law wants to shoot my NFA stuff then we can go to the range together. Theoretically I could temporarily loan my NFA item to someone in Texas and they could have it without breaking any state laws. The Feds could make an argument that I unlawfully transferred it to someone else, but I'm not staying awake at night worrying about that any more than I am driving through a school zone without LTC from the state I'm in.

I don't have entities to own any of my non-NFA guns either, though it's possible. Your LLC or trust or corporation can even buy a gun from a FFL, though you will still get a NICS check or have to show your LTC to take possession on behalf of your entity.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Chas.

That's who I use. Pretty cut and dried. Spoke with him briefly when I was about to turn in the paperwork. Very approachable.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

gamboolman

Post by gamboolman »

We used Jim Willi and were very pleased.

He has also assisted us with some SBR's.

Do recommend.
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Chas.

Just to say this was the easiest thing I have ever done. Jim made t simple. He called on his personal cell phone, we talked for a bit (Baptist Preacher’s have that problem), and a few emails and all of my stuff is set up and finished. Ready for my any new purchases.

Fantastic recommendation Mr. Cotton! :thumbs2:

Return to “Off-Topic”