Texas AG Ken Paxton impeachment

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas AG Ken Paxton impeachment

Post by ScottDLS »

chasfm11 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:44 am i and several others in my local group have been in touch with Ben Bumgartner, our House rep who voted in favor of the impeachment. I called his office along with scores of others, asking for him to vote against impeachment. He didn't. And that wasn't surprising.

For the recent election where Rep Bumgartner won, Speaker Phelan sent him over $200,000 in campaign funding. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that our Rep was going to be more loyal to that money - and the power behind it - than he is to representing the people in his district. His opponent in the election was attacked for stances on gender affirming care. That opponent's son was being subjected to it by his ex-wife. So the election was a perfect storm of barrage of campaign material and the opposition from the woke Left.

It will be difficult to mount a successful campaign to replace Rep. Bumgartner. But our local effort to do that would be greatly helped if there were simultaneous challenges against the other 60+ Republicans who voted with Phelan on the impeachment. They have money but cannot shore up that many candidates. We are being picked off, one at a time and we will never win under those circumstances. There are too many people who are completely tuned out of all of this and are easily swayed by negative campaigns and an unrelenting flow of mailers and TV spots.
Dang it, I thought Ben would vote against. If he voted with Phelan, I'm voting for his competitor in the primary next time. Tan Parker, who Ben replaced is now our State Senator, and he voted against conviction, but given that all R senators did but two, I'm going to have to dig in to see what he has to say.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I have to point out that I was surprised by the verdict. I expected at least one article to be a conviction.

The good news is that this verdict made clear to me where the division in the Texas Republican party is. The vote to impeach and the vote to convict show that this was a battle between Phelan and Patrick. It also, IMO, improved Patrick's position in the party. Looking at the disputes and rules for the trial, I think Patrick bent over backwards to try to give the house team the best conditions he could for the trial. I cannot say the same for Phelan and the impeachment inquiry.
Steve Rothstein

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I get sick of seeing all (R) voting one way and all (D) voting opposite. The day of the people being represented is decades gone by. It is no longer what do the people want it is all about which party put up the bill, etc…. What a shame.

FrogFan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by FrogFan »

C-dub wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:00 pm What are the odds they knew this going in and wanted to make a statement of approval to get the question out of the way? And or to draw out the traitors?
Well, if that was the plan, it worked for me. My senator is Kelly Hancock. I always thought he was a bona fide conservative. Now I know he's not. I wrote to him before and after the vote. I won't be voting for him again.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

I'm glad the impeachment is over. The Democrats don't seem to be worried at all about the Biden's massive and blatant corruption, so its hard to imagine the Paxton impeachment was ever about such things. What I can imagine is that the impeachment was about Paxton protecting the Texas vote in 2020 from massive theft which clearly occurred in other states and would have occurred on a much larger scale in Texas if Paxton hadn't put the breaks on it.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grayling813 »

Good Riddance to the Bush Regime
https://townhall.com/columnists/jeffcro ... n-n2628544
Thankfully, it was a disastrous week for the “wise wing” of the GOP. Not only did they lose Romney, but they also lost in their attempt to impeach a strong Trump supporter, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton. The entire effort was a sham, much like the impeachments of President Trump.

Behind the scenes, the person leading the Paxton impeachment campaign was George P. Bush, Jeb’s son and the nephew of the former President. He had poorly lost to Paxton in the last election for Attorney General and was trying to oust his opponent through impeachment since he could not do it in the election.

Fortunately, on Saturday, the Texas State Senate acquitted Paxton on all sixteen charges. In his address to Texas State Senators, Paxton’s attorney, Tony Buzbee, declared that Paxton’s opponents “did not have anything.”

He said all the so-called whistleblowers against Paxton hired an attorney who was a “protégé of the Bush regime.” As he concluded his comments, Buzbee announced emphatically, “The Bush-era ends today.”

By acquitting Paxton and returning one of the best Attorney Generals in the country to his position, Texas State Senators finally ended a regime that had a disastrous reign of influence over the Republican Party, the state of Texas, and the country for over four decades.

It was an era marked by failure for the Republican Party and the country. Fortunately, the future for the Republican Party looks much brighter under the leadership of President Trump.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

Grayling813 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:45 am Good Riddance to the Bush Regime
https://townhall.com/columnists/jeffcro ... n-n2628544
Thankfully, it was a disastrous week for the “wise wing” of the GOP. Not only did they lose Romney, but they also lost in their attempt to impeach a strong Trump supporter, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton. The entire effort was a sham, much like the impeachments of President Trump.

Behind the scenes, the person leading the Paxton impeachment campaign was George P. Bush, Jeb’s son and the nephew of the former President. He had poorly lost to Paxton in the last election for Attorney General and was trying to oust his opponent through impeachment since he could not do it in the election.

Fortunately, on Saturday, the Texas State Senate acquitted Paxton on all sixteen charges. In his address to Texas State Senators, Paxton’s attorney, Tony Buzbee, declared that Paxton’s opponents “did not have anything.”

He said all the so-called whistleblowers against Paxton hired an attorney who was a “protégé of the Bush regime.” As he concluded his comments, Buzbee announced emphatically, “The Bush-era ends today.”

By acquitting Paxton and returning one of the best Attorney Generals in the country to his position, Texas State Senators finally ended a regime that had a disastrous reign of influence over the Republican Party, the state of Texas, and the country for over four decades.

It was an era marked by failure for the Republican Party and the country. Fortunately, the future for the Republican Party looks much brighter under the leadership of President Trump.
There is no question that, much like the Clintons, the Bushs were a disaster for our nation:

https://www.familyofsecrets.com/
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Paladin wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:36 am
There is no question that, much like the Clintons, the Bushs were a disaster for our nation:

Bush's, Clintons, Obamas, Bidens

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

Grayling813 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:48 am
Paladin wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:36 am

Bush's, Clintons, Obamas, Bidens
DITTO
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

👇🏻

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

All I can say is WOW!!!
N5PNZ

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

Must watch. Listen carefully, Paxton speaks low and in bursts.
parabelum wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:55 pm 👇🏻
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

"It's doesn't sound American at all."
Wow...seems like Texas is becoming an extended part of the swamp. Paxton is right, once the Democrats regain control of the state it's all over for freedom and liberty in Texas.

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Chemist45 »

Texas State Comptroller refuses to pay Paxton the salary withheld during impeachment:

https://texasscorecard.com/state/paxton ... peachment/

Not sure what Hagar is up to here. He is supposed to be a republican.
He seems to have been a good comptroller.
Sounds like he is begging for an AG investigation into the comptroller's office.
(Not that there is anything wrong with that....)

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Chemist45 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:05 pm Texas State Comptroller refuses to pay Paxton the salary withheld during impeachment:

https://texasscorecard.com/state/paxton ... peachment/

Not sure what Hagar is up to here. He is supposed to be a republican.
He seems to have been a good comptroller.
Sounds like he is begging for an AG investigation into the comptroller's office.
(Not that there is anything wrong with that....)
Another example of where the Republican Party of Texas is leading the state into banana republic status.

Return to “Off-Topic”