DE: Woman steals 1/2 million rounds from Cabela, pawns them.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

DE: Woman steals 1/2 million rounds from Cabela, pawns them.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

[https://news.yahoo.com/pattern-shoplift ... stract.com][/url]

A Delaware woman shoplifted 500,000 rounds of ammo from Cabela's, then pawned them.

The authorities are now investigating how Cabela displays ammo, and why their inventory of ammo was not more closely protected.
They are looking at Cabela's within 100 miles of the woman's primary theft site. This includes Cabela's in PA, NJ, and MD.

She admits to selling some of the ammo to bad guys. Sheesh.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Rafe

Re: DE: Woman steals 1/2 million rounds from Cabela, pawns them.

Post by Rafe »

:shock: According to this chart, https://anthonyarms.com/gun/ammo-weight-chart/ by way of example, 100 complete cartridges of 9mm would weigh 2.094 pounds. If all the ammo was 9mm, 500,000 rounds would top the scales at 10,470 pounds! That's 5.235 tons of ammo!
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/ne ... 369842007/

DOJ investigating Cabelas and has taken records due to lax anti shop lifting practices at the store.

If you were a conspiracy theory nut job you might think the Feds were attempting to harm gun sales and discourage retail stores from carrying ammunition.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

That's a crazy amount of ammo.... I'd guess she was single handedly driving up ammo prices with that scale of theft
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

At 50rnds per box that's 10,000 boxes of pistol ammunition or 27½ boxes a day. Did she wheel it out in carts? I'd like to see Cabela''s ammunition inventory shrinkage details, before I commit.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

puma guy wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:20 pm At 50rnds per box that's 10,000 boxes of pistol ammunition or 27½ boxes a day. Did she wheel it out in carts? I'd like to see Cabela''s ammunition inventory shrinkage details, before I commit.
That's more than a 1000 round cardboard box (case) of ammo per day. I don't see how that's possible.

Not to mention that would come out to about $15,500.00 of inventory per month, month over month over month. How would the accountants not notice?

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:58 pm
puma guy wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:20 pm At 50rnds per box that's 10,000 boxes of pistol ammunition or 27½ boxes a day. Did she wheel it out in carts? I'd like to see Cabela''s ammunition inventory shrinkage details, before I commit.
That's more than a 1000 round cardboard box (case) of ammo per day. I don't see how that's possible.

Not to mention that would come out to about $15,500.00 of inventory per month, month over month over month. How would the accountants not notice?
:thumbs2: :iagree:

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Accomplice on the inside hiding the numbers?

However, seems typical now for democrats to blame the victim. I think all Cabela's and BP stores keep most of their ammo out on shelves and haven't heard of anything even remotely close to this happening in other stores.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Armybrat

Post by Armybrat »

Brookens pleaded guilty in April to possession of ammunition by a person prohibited and was sentenced to a drug diversion program. In exchange for her plea, the charges of shoplifting and resisting arrest were dismissed.

:roll:
Not even a slap on her thieving wrists.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:23 am Accomplice on the inside hiding the numbers?

However, seems typical now for democrats to blame the victim. I think all Cabela's and BP stores keep most of their ammo out on shelves and haven't heard of anything even remotely close to this happening in other stores.
Academy keeps their ammo on gondolas as well, totally accessible. They did keep certain ammunition behind the counter during the shortage days, especially 9mm and .22 rimfire , but that was mainly to limit purchases to 1 or 2 boxes. When I was in retail we kept everything behind the counter except shotgun ammo. But we always had at least one clerk behind the counter to get a customer's requested caliber. If had shrinkage like what's reported at Cabela's I would have known immediately when I placed orders based on sales volume.

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

Well it serves Cabella's right for putting that ammo out where people can see it.
I mean it was just sitting there looking all sultry.
Its almost like Cabella's was asking for it.

<This was sarcasm>

Return to “Off-Topic”