Texas Rebellion?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Rafe
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Texas Rebellion?

Post by Rafe »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:11 am If you want to know where I think we’re headed, try reading Kurt Schlichter’s latest book, "The Attack."
Thanks for that. Just bought and it will be next up on my reading list.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:11 am Honestly, I believe that the odds of recovery from this are lower than 50/50, no matter who gets elected as POTUS, Trump included. If you want to know where I think we’re headed, try reading Kurt Schlichter’s latest book, "The Attack."
My friends have been looking at me sideways for years, for believing this will happen. Seems to me that all the pieces are filling into place for this to come to reality... The questions are only ... when... what will it look like and ... how bad will it be?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by powerboatr »

Bolton Strid wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:30 am
Ruark wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:21 pm The major factor in Texas ever seceding from the US is the fact that virtually everything that happens in Texas is controlled by the four big liberal Democrat population centers: Austin, San antonio, DFW and Houston. These four big liberal cesspools will always have a death grip on state events, regardless of how the other 99.99% of the state feels.
The major factor in Texas ever seceding from the US is that it would be sheer foolishness.

Every time there is a kerfuffle with the FedMob all kinds of sillies come out of the woodwork yapping "secession!"

I've found that there are several camps who promote such a move - the clueless who have no depth of understanding as to what they are even asking for, what consequences that would entail, and those who DO know and are only interested in positioning themselves to personally, professionally or politically exploit it for their own gain and advantage.

And of those parties I have yet to find any of them who could articulate what the upside would be for Texas isolating itself off as a foreign nation, to be precariously sandwiched between two other less than friendly ones.

Nor has anyone provided a concise prospectus for what the establishment and administration of commerce, civil rights, defense, education, energy, finance, foreign relations policy would even look like. Nothing, absolutely nothing but slogans. In this case a dream without a tangible plan is worse than just being a wish, it's a dangerous mirage.
There are absolutely no guarantees that a just system of governance that could exceed that which was found in the United States would be competently adopted. Factionalization and outside interference would be overwhelming.

Secession means all ties are severed - the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights no longer apply, all regulations & policies whether good or bad are suspended and there can be no more seamless coordination with or assistance from other states to Texas, valuable assistance which at this time comprises about half the US.

It's worthy of note that Governor Abbott's letter of 24 January establishing jurisdiction for action at the border referred to a Constitution as authority for his actions. Not the Texas Constitution, or Texas law, not international law or something from the United Nations. THE Constitution, the US Constitution. Words mean things.

There's a rather ancient concept most commonly phrased as "united we stand, divided we fall", which is true more than ever, since secession has already been long occurring in various jurisdictions who resist if not outright disregard the observation and practice of the US Constitution and established law, going their own ways and making up crap as they do.

The breakup of the United states is already well under way, the question is how far will it go, how bad it will get, and will Texas be the linchpin in holding what is left of Constitutional America together, if not being the factor in a miracle of somehow reestablishing it fully.

i have brainstormed and even did a paper once..
the logistics are over powering and it would never fly, unless half the country came along, but then its still a giant no go, and would be same result in the end.
abbott using the U.S. law of the land to take a stand is the best way. it paves the way as no one can contest it..ITS THE LAW of the country.
biden refuses to follow the same laws... he spews he needs to get a deal so he can fix the situation he created.
hmmm just follow the law we have now...
congress screwed over Reagan with the same bull remember
its fun to muse about doing it, but it would fail fast
this is why abbott and the other states need to poke the feds as much as possible to keep pressure on.

feds respond to money faster than anything.
stopping fed excise taxes to dc is very fast poke in the eye.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Rafe
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rafe »

And then there's this:
H.R.6981 - Preventing Private Paramilitary Activity Act of 2024
https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-con ... /6981/text

Sponsor: Rep. Jamie Raskin [D-MD-8] (Introduced 01/11/2024)
Committees: House - Judiciary
Currently 11 co-sponsors, all bright-blue dems

“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:48 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:11 am Honestly, I believe that the odds of recovery from this are lower than 50/50, no matter who gets elected as POTUS, Trump included. If you want to know where I think we’re headed, try reading Kurt Schlichter’s latest book, "The Attack."
My friends have been looking at me sideways for years, for believing this will happen. Seems to me that all the pieces are filling into place for this to come to reality... The questions are only ... when... what will it look like and ... how bad will it be?
If you haven’t already, check out im1776.com. There’s some brilliant writing going on there. One of my TwiX follows is a writer by the name of Lafayette Lee, posts as @Partisan_O. He wrote the article linked below, and it is a great read.
https://im1776.com/2024/01/26/the-makin ... al-crisis/
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:48 pm If you haven’t already, check out im1776.com. There’s some brilliant writing going on there. One of my TwiX follows is a writer by the name of Lafayette Lee, posts as @Partisan_O. He wrote the article linked below, and it is a great read.
https://im1776.com/2024/01/26/the-makin ... al-crisis/
I'm certain that clicking that link moved me up the list of potential targets for whatever comes after the J6 inquisition, but, thanks for the link :lol: .. I enjoyed the read and will poke around there some more..
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by powerboatr »

Rafe wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:50 am And then there's this:
H.R.6981 - Preventing Private Paramilitary Activity Act of 2024
https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-con ... /6981/text

Sponsor: Rep. Jamie Raskin [D-MD-8] (Introduced 01/11/2024)
Committees: House - Judiciary
Currently 11 co-sponsors, all bright-blue dems

RASKIN MR> create fake evidence on an impeachment trail and then take a picture of said created evidence and post it on facebook...he is a TOOOOOOLLLLL
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Off-Topic”