Restarting the Houston South Quadrant Meetup

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Any Interest in Restarting the Houston South Quadrant Breakfasts/Lunch

Poll ended at Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:45 pm

I would like to attend
31%
Change to Saturdays instead Fridays
31%
Breakfast meetings
38%
Lunch meetings
No votes

Total votes: 13

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 18

Restarting the Houston South Quadrant Meetup

Post by puma guy »

The Houston monthly breakfast initiated by LDB415 started a trend on the forum for other groups in the DFW and and surrounding areas to have their own meet ups that continue to this day. Our meeting was in Pearland, TX at Kelley's Country Cookin' Restaurant and unless there's another suggestion I assume we'd stay there for meetings. I have attended two of the DFW groups' meetings in the past when I visited my daughter up that way. Our group stopped meeting when Covid was delivered to us by China.
I am interested in trying to restart our group with one change and that is to have the breakfast or even lunch on a Saturday rather than Friday since some couldn't attend in the past due to work.
This is an open invitation to anyone in the area that is interested in joining, not just previous members.
Last edited by puma guy on Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Rafe
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Restarting the Houston South Quadrant Meetup

Post by Rafe »

PG: What would be the approximate location(s) for meet-ups? I'm not in the immediate area, but it might not be too much of a drive.

Doesn't need to be super specific, but something like "near U of H main campus," "near Clear Lake," or "near PSC Shooting Club in Friendswood" would help. A triangle of those three sites covers about 85 square miles. ;-)
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Rafe wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:33 pm PG: What would be the approximate location(s) for meet-ups? I'm not in the immediate area, but it might not be too much of a drive.

Doesn't need to be super specific, but something like "near U of H main campus," "near Clear Lake," or "near PSC Shooting Club in Friendswood" would help. A triangle of those three sites covers about 85 square miles. ;-)
Thanks for your interest. We met in Pearland, TX at Kelley's Country Cookin' Restaurant. I should have put that in the post i suppose.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Thanks! Not as far as Galveston. :mrgreen: I'll watch the thread and will probably be a sometimes maybe for attendance.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Kelley's is great. Breakfast is great. Saturday is fine. Really whichever as long as it ends in y.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Vol Texan »

This monthly breakfast was the one that started them all! I remember each one fondly, and hope we can restart them soon!

I voted for Saturday.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Vol Texan wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:39 am This monthly breakfast was the one that started them all! I remember each one fondly, and hope we can restart them soon!

I voted for Saturday.
I hope we can resume. It would be nice to see some old familiar faces. I always enjoyed when you were able to make it. We have lost a couple of members since we last met.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

puma guy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:09 pm
Vol Texan wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:39 am This monthly breakfast was the one that started them all! I remember each one fondly, and hope we can restart them soon!

I voted for Saturday.
I hope we can resume. It would be nice to see some old familiar faces. I always enjoyed when you were able to make it. We have lost a couple of members since we last met.
Yeah, we can raise a sweet-tea toast to our buddy John Toppass (TwoMillenium) on our new first time. Not sure who else we lost, but it’ll be good to see all y’all again.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

This is an open invitation to anyone interested in joining the breakfasts and not limited to previous members.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Rafe wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:10 pm Thanks! Not as far as Galveston. :mrgreen: I'll watch the thread and will probably be a sometimes maybe for attendance.
Thank you for your interest. We'd love to see you there. We started small, but grew until Covid. Charles Cotton attended the meetings on a regular basis, however his commitments these days would preclude him from coming I know. The meeting is not limited to forum members and guests are welcomed.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I’m booked on the 10th and 24th. You wanna do a pilot test of this meetup on Saturday, 17 Feb?

thatguy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by thatguy »

Vol Texan wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:29 pm I’m booked on the 10th and 24th. You wanna do a pilot test of this meetup on Saturday, 17 Feb?
Saturday's may work better for most of us.. 02/17/2024 at 9 AM? sounds good and Tom Estep may want to come along ;-) :thumbs2:
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Sorry for the late responses. I got back from the deer lease late Wednesday and tried getting on the forum yesterday, kept getting error codes and once when I tried to post when I submitted it I got another error code. Anyway it appears from the responses breakfast on Saturdays is the choice and several want to meet February 17th. So let's meet at 9AM Saturday February 17, 2023 at Kelley's Country Cooking, Pearland,TX 2933 E Broadway St (F.M.518), 77581. I hope Tom Estep can make it, too. With the forum going up and down if you don't mind I'd to get RSVP's, so I know everyone got the invite. Hope to see everyone on the 17th. Stay safe.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

puma guy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:44 pm
(Snip)

With the forum going up and down if you don't mind I'd to get RSVP's, so I know everyone got the invite. Hope to see everyone on the 17th. Stay safe.
I’m in. See y’all there!

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Vol Texan wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:23 pm
puma guy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:44 pm
(Snip)

With the forum going up and down if you don't mind I'd to get RSVP's, so I know everyone got the invite. Hope to see everyone on the 17th. Stay safe.
I’m in. See y’all there!
:thumbs2: LDB415 reached out to mrvmax and I tried to get in touch with Wild Bill, but had to leave a message. I haven't seen FL450 on the forum for quite sometime. I don't have anyway to contact him, but if anyone does please let him know. See you Saturday.

Return to “Off-Topic”