Pet peeves outdoors

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Sodbuster
Posts in topic: 10

Pet peeves outdoors

Post by Sodbuster »

We can always learn from the perspectives of others, and I was just wondering what folks' # 1 pet peeve might be about the behavior of others when it comes to the great outdoors; fishing, hunting, or even just down at lil Sally's or Johnny's soccer game in town. My top peeve has to be drunkards in boats leaving a mindless wake when and where moms and dads are trying to teach their youths to fish.

atxgun
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Pet peeves outdoors

Post by atxgun »

Mine would have to be parents trying to teach their kids to fish while I'm trying to drive my boat around drunk and shooting aimlessly into the air "rlol"

Topic author
Sodbuster

Post by Sodbuster »

:fire hehehe

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MoJo »

Slobs that don't know what a trash can is for. :mad5
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Morgan

Post by Morgan »

People who think "it's just a cigarette, flick it out the window." I ride a motorcycle. I've had hot ash blow into my eyes EVEN WITH a helmet on and visor down or nearly all the way down... I've had ash go into my air vents. It's littering, it's inconsiderate, it's potentially dangerous...it should be considered assault. I should get to shoot back. :fire LOL I know I should be more forthcoming with how I feel....

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

+1 on trash slobs.

Hunters that take more than the legal limit.

Poachers.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

atxgun
Posts in topic: 3

Post by atxgun »

Morgan wrote:People who think "it's just a cigarette, flick it out the window." I ride a motorcycle. I've had hot ash blow into my eyes EVEN WITH a helmet on and visor down or nearly all the way down... I've had ash go into my air vents. It's littering, it's inconsiderate, it's potentially dangerous...it should be considered assault. I should get to shoot back. :fire LOL I know I should be more forthcoming with how I feel....
I'm a smoker but on the occasion I'm about to flick it out the window I make a concerted effort looking what's behind me. Heck, I've learned the hard way where all windows were down, I flicked, it came back in my rear window, started a small fire, no good.

I also won't flick if there's grass around.

The times I do flick, well I guess you can just hate me for it.

Bunkins

Post by Bunkins »

People that seem to think a clearing has enough room for 5 guys to sit in it, while they make noise, walk around or do whatever. Once ya look around, if 1 animal came walking through, you'd have yourself a good old fashion cross fire situation. Ticks me off even more when I wake up at 2am to start walking to get away from people like that, then they come walkin in late in the day to sit in the clearing.. It's not my clearing, but it's just good sportsmanship not to do such things.. To make it worse, the people who sit in the clearing I'm sitting in, then light up a smoke.. I smoke too, but you dont think that animals can smell it? Nothing like sitting there all day hunting, and have someone come along and ruin your chances..

People walking straight through the said clearing during good hunting times. If you see someone, get in the brush until you pass the hunter..

Those that think because 15 animals walk though, you can turn the place into a killing field, and in turn killing illegal animals..

Those who cant find the trash can..

I dont often hunt on public land, except when Elk hunting in Colorado.. Otherwise we have a deer lease and dont have to worry about those things..

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

+2 on trash slobs. Some people are pigs.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

I was walking up the street, wearing my grungies because I was set to do some dirty work that day, when a driver stopped his car in the crosswalk in front of me. Now that was bad enough because I had the light and had to actually leave the crosswalk to get around him, but then he flicked a lit cigarette on the street right in front of me.

Instant inspiration.

I picked up the smoldering butt and started ranting and raving about how I just had swept and didn't he see what a mess he was creating, and tossed the offending instrument right back into his car. As he scrambled to find the butt before it did too much damage, I calmly turned and walked away, to the applause of several other crosswalk users.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Albany, NY there was a judge who was famous for "bench vetos" of pistol permit applications. Any that reached his desk just stayed on the bottom of the pile forever. We sued him successfully several times, but he always found a new loophole that allowed him to avoid processing permits.

One day my wife and I were watching a parade from the steps of the NY State Library and the judge and his grandson were standing on the sidewalk immediately in front of us. The judge lit up and smoked a cigarette and then just tossed it on the ground. Mindful of Albany's strict no littering ordinance, and the fact that this judge was known to be quite tough on such things, I summoned a nearby patrolman and lodged a complaint against the judge. It was fun to watch, and interesting to see that someone could get that red in the face without actually giving off light. I always hoped his grandson learned something.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

KaiserB
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KaiserB »

atxgun wrote:
Morgan wrote:People who think "it's just a cigarette, flick it out the window." I ride a motorcycle. I've had hot ash blow into my eyes EVEN WITH a helmet on and visor down or nearly all the way down... I've had ash go into my air vents. It's littering, it's inconsiderate, it's potentially dangerous...it should be considered assault. I should get to shoot back. :fire LOL I know I should be more forthcoming with how I feel....
I'm a smoker but on the occasion I'm about to flick it out the window I make a concerted effort looking what's behind me. Heck, I've learned the hard way where all windows were down, I flicked, it came back in my rear window, started a small fire, no good.

I also won't flick if there's grass around.

The times I do flick, well I guess you can just hate me for it.
Who then goes behind you and picks up the cigarette butt (little white filter) off the ground?

Topic author
Sodbuster

Post by Sodbuster »

Looks like smoking is the cause of a lot of peeves, I used to smoke and I actually started by picking up the butts people threw down, I don't think I bought many packs at all for the longest time. Other than the fact that smokers are subsidizing their own early demise and possibly that of the loved ones around them that are exposed to the 2nd hand smoke, I also hate to see them exist as role models for teensy tykes with tendencies to emulate the tall tokers they traipse after and idolize. I quit over the 2nd hand and role model matters, not because I had enough sense to stop for my own good. Most smokers could make a car payment or at least the electric bill if they'd just put them stogies down.

TheArmedFarmer

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

A couple of my big pet peeves:

1) Inconsiderate dog owners allowing their dogs to roam the neighborhood all day and night. The dogs form packs and terrorize people and livestock alike. I've lost goats, a pig and a calf already this year thanks to these inconsiderate neighbors.

2) Trespassing teenagers who think the world is their playground, private property be darned. They steal and destroy and have parents who excuse their behavior and wouldn't think of saying no to their little darling devils.
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

TheArmedFarmer wrote:
Trespassing teenagers who think the world is their playground, private property be darned. They steal and destroy and have parents who excuse their behavior and wouldn't think of saying no to their little darling devils.
Parents who don't parent and just want to be their kids "Best Friend"....this is why we have so many kids who think the world is their playground.
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

longhorn_92 wrote:
TheArmedFarmer wrote:
Trespassing teenagers who think the world is their playground, private property be darned. They steal and destroy and have parents who excuse their behavior and wouldn't think of saying no to their little darling devils.
Parents who don't parent and just want to be their kids "Best Friend"....this is why we have so many kids who think the world is their playground.

+1

I'll have to join you on this one.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Return to “Off-Topic”