On duty fight between LEO and EMT

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TxD
Posts in topic: 1

On duty fight between LEO and EMT

Post by TxD »

Testosterone or adrenalin?

The Oklahoma Department of Public Safety has released video from a police dashboard camera of a scuffle between a paramedic and a state trooper after amateur video of the incident showed an officer grabbing the EMT by the neck.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526128,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Black Rifles Matter

frazzled

Re: On duty fight between LEO and EMT

Post by frazzled »

Someone help me out. The old eyes aren't what they used to be and its a bit grainy, but I'm not seeing how this helps the LEO's case (sound was off if there was soemthing there).

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

I don't think it does help the LEO in this case...

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I can't speak for the officer in question, but it seems apparent to me from the reporter's subsequent interview with him that the EMT in question is an eminently reasonable man. He starts by affirming the professionalism of the OHB, maintains all along that his primary concern at the time was the patient's welfare, that subsequent encounters with the same trooper were incident free, and I really appreciate that he didn't play the race card. The EMT seems like a stand up guy, and the officer in question sounds like he needs some anger management counseling. And from the EMT's description of the 2nd officer's actions, it sounds like the 2nd officer recognized that the 1st officer was out of control. I also appreciate that, when asked if he thought this officer was out of control, the EMT restricted his answer to, "On that day, he was out of control," and did not expand the situation into a larger indictment of the officer's character.

Clearly, the EMT is an impressive individual, and he handled things very well at the time, and continues to handle them well and professionally going forward.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”