Close Call at H.E.B.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LostInAustin
Posts in topic: 4

Close Call at H.E.B.

Post by LostInAustin »

This past Friday I stopped by the H.E.B. near my home. Had my youngest daughter with me and as we finished up getting a few items and moved to the front of the store to check out, we had to stop for ice cream. I am the only male in my family so any of you in the same predicament can understand when I tell you we do not go to the grocery and not stop in the ice cream section! :shock: So, I stopped to get all my girls some low fat, no carb, no taste, diet, ice cream. :roll:

As I opened the freezer door and stuck my head inside to make the hard decision of what kind to bring home tonight, :bigear: I heard a male voice say "Do you have a gun?" The reply from a different male voice was "Yes." :shock:

Now, you who know me on the forum no that I have not yet received my plastic! so now I have my head stuck in the freezer at H.E.B. and think that I have now become privy to the beginning stages of a hold up or other assorted heinous hand gun crimes. :eek6

I slowly stood up and closed the freezer door and turned to get a look at the BG's. Hmmmm...two guys in H.E.B. shirts with name badges on! :shock: Guess what...they weren't intending to rob the store, they were going to price some items with the little pricing gun thingy!! :oops: Doh!!!.... :banghead:

Man, was I relieved that I didn't have to fight BG's that day. :boxing I would have felt really stupid throwing ice cream at them! :leaving

"A Day in the Life" :coolgleamA:
Colt Combat Commander
Colt Govt Model Series 70
Beretta 92FS

USA1
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Close Call at H.E.B.

Post by USA1 »

LostInAustin wrote: I heard a male voice say "Do you have a gun?" The reply from a different male voice was "Yes."
i thought you were gonna say Joe and lonewolf were up to their shenanigans again . :lol:
BTW, there's only one ice cream ...Blue Bell :drool:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

USA1 wrote:BTW, there's only one ice cream ...Blue Bell :drool:
Amen! :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Keith B wrote:
USA1 wrote:BTW, there's only one ice cream ...Blue Bell :drool:
Amen! :thumbs2:
We were on the upper left coast in August and toured the Tillamook Creamery in Tillamook, OR. Tillamook Creamery makes some mighty fine ice cream if you're ever out that way. But you're right, it ain't Blue Bell.

Tass

Post by Tass »

Diet, low carb, etc? What's the point? I say go for it and make up the calorie difference another time.

+1 for Bluebell...while in school at Blinn, we would stop by the creamery for tours between classes.

Tass
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh crap, she's up"

Topic author
LostInAustin

Post by LostInAustin »

I've never had the Blue Bell tour but I am guilty of taking the Shiner tour! :mrgreen:

BTW, :thumbs2: on Blue Bell and Shiner, a couple of Texas' best little secrets. :drool:
Colt Combat Commander
Beretta 92FS

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Gads LIA, that would concern me too! I'm glad you escaped the ice cream section without a confrontation. :smilelol5:
i thought you were gonna say Joe and lonewolf were up to their shenanigans again
nonononononononononononono. You confuse Lonewolf and I with USA1 and his twin clone. :lol:

:iagree: on the Blue Bell. None better. And oh LIA, having raised 2 daughters(and being the only male in the house besides the dog) I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! :shock:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
LostInAustin

Post by LostInAustin »

Yep! :totap:
Colt Combat Commander
Beretta 92FS

TheArmedFarmer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

Blue Bell is heavenly. If you haven't tried their "moolenium crunch" please give it a try. It's my favorite, by far!
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

TheArmedFarmer wrote:Blue Bell is heavenly. If you haven't tried their "moolenium crunch" please give it a try. It's my favorite, by far!
i'm a bit of a purist .... Homemade Vanilla . :mrgreen:

occasionally Dutch Chocolate . ;-)

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

That's just too funny.

I like the Bell, but am also partial to B&J's Cherry Garcia in either frozen yogurt or ice cream.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Dan20703

Post by Dan20703 »

My ultimate vice is Blue Bell Tin Roof. :thewave :thewave :thewave
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

joe817

Post by joe817 »

No, the BEST flavor that Blue Bell has is banana, when they have it. :anamatedbanana
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

TheArmedFarmer

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

joe817 wrote:No, the BEST flavor that Blue Bell has is banana, when they have it.
Sorry, I have to disagree, most heartily!! I tried the banana because it sounded so good, but it just tasted like mushy banana pudding with old stale vanilla wafers.

I was barely even able to get my children to finish off the tub of banana that I bought. I'll stick to moolineum, dutch chocolate, strawberry, peach, butter pecan, pecan praline, and all the other flavors!
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

LostInAustin wrote:
Now, you who know me on the forum no that I have not yet received my plastic!
that might have been a good thing . :shock:
it sure would have been embarrassing if you would have drawn on them . :oops:

Return to “Off-Topic”