NV: CHL holder shot by police

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

casingpoint
Posts in topic: 2

Re: NV: CHL holder shot by police

Post by casingpoint »

According to Las Vegas police policy, police can use deadly force based on the severity of the crime, whether the suspect is a threat to the officer or others and whether the suspect is actively resisting arrest or attempting to avoid arrest by fleeing.
Taking the attorney's version of events at face value, the cops have egg on their face and dirt on their hands here. I question the legality of deployment and use of a taser, gun, or any other control device if a suspect has not been placed under arrest and is compliant.

Of course, that is just the lawyer's version. If the cops involved ever agree to the same story, maybe their version will trump his. It may come down to who is the best creative writer.

Fangs
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Fangs »

The dash cam video sure would help... hope it didn't get "lost".

Sorry, recently had a buddy of mine from highschool arrested in New Braunfels, sandwiched between 3 cruisers during the arrest and all three "lost" their video. :roll:
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 6

Post by seamusTX »

This gentleman was convicted yesterday of three felonies in connection with this incident.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-v ... ter-police" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good thing he's a lawyer. He can file his own appeals. ;-)

- Jim

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Par for the course in Las Vegas.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

It is a really strange story. Really odd. I don't have enough info to say anything other than that.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

I'm just a little curious how he was shot in the chest and abdomen while running away.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

C-dub wrote:I'm just a little curious how he was shot in the chest and abdomen while running away.
Maybe he was running away, backwards! :headscratch
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

sjfcontrol wrote:
C-dub wrote:I'm just a little curious how he was shot in the chest and abdomen while running away.
Moonwalking? Trying to distract the officer into hesitating to shoot at all by making him laugh? :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

C-dub wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
Moonwalking? Trying to distract the officer into hesitating to shoot at all by making him laugh? :biggrinjester:
But the officer saw somebody running, and facing him-- and then assumed he was running TOWARDS him. And fired to protect himself.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Cop was using a Carcano 91/38 with the special guided bullets.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I think it is more interesting that he ran for Congress than the fact he has a chl.

Wouldn't surprise me to find out chl's have better criminal records than those in congress.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

mojo84 wrote:I think it is more interesting that he ran for Congress than the fact he has a chl.

Wouldn't surprise me to find out chl's have better criminal records than those in congress.
I thought the CHL part was irrelevant.

Isn't that second part a given?

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

C-dub wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I think it is more interesting that he ran for Congress than the fact he has a chl.

I thought the CHL part was irrelevant.

Isn't that second part a given?
Call me Captain Obvious. :mrgreen:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Off-Topic”