Defensive Driving request denied?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Kythas
Posts in topic: 3

Defensive Driving request denied?

Post by Kythas »

Last month I got a ticket from Denton PD (75 in a 60), my first ticket since 1993. I sent in the paperwork to take defensive driving, along with the fee, copy of my DL, and copy of my insurance.

Today I got a letter from the City of Denton saying my request has been denied. I thought this was pretty much automatic. Anyone else ever had this request denied?
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

Fangs
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Defensive Driving request denied?

Post by Fangs »

I've heard of 25+ mph over the limit not being eligible, but I have no idea why you'd have a problem. You're sure you applied for defensive driving not deferred disposition / adjudication?
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

Topic author
Kythas

Post by Kythas »

Fangs wrote:I've heard of 25+ mph over the limit not being eligible, but I have no idea why you'd have a problem. You're sure you applied for defensive driving not deferred disposition / adjudication?
Yeah, it was the request to take defensive driving. I'm calling the courthouse Monday to find out why.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

Dudley

Post by Dudley »

If they won't let you take defensive driving, hire a lawyer and request a jury trial. :lol:
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until it's free.

T3hK1w1

Post by T3hK1w1 »

You don't have a CDL by any chance?

chabouk
Banned

Post by chabouk »

Dudley wrote:If they won't let you take defensive driving, hire a lawyer and request a jury trial. :lol:
It's a little late for that. By sending in the ticket and payment, he's already pleaded guilty and accepted the fine as punishment.

Topic author
Kythas

Post by Kythas »

T3hK1w1 wrote:You don't have a CDL by any chance?
I don't have a CDL. I wasn't in a school zone or a construction zone, and did not get any seatbelt infraction.

It makes no sense to me at all as to why they'd deny it unless they just decided they want the full fine.

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Dudley wrote:If they won't let you take defensive driving, hire a lawyer and request a jury trial. :lol:

:cheers2:
Exactly!
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Return to “Off-Topic”