Austin: Gun, wine wielding woman charged in assault

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Austin: Gun, wine wielding woman charged in assault

Post by A-R »

I for one would LOVE to know Triton Financial's official gun policy. Wonder if their employees are specifically prohibited from carrying a gun for self defense.

This situation could've ended MUCH worse.

Luckily, it seems, this woman was too drunk to remember to load her pistol before entering the business.

http://www.statesman.com/news/texas/pol ... 21012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Police: Gun, wine wielding woman charged in assault
Christine Ramsey Cayton had sued Bee Cave's Triton Financial before confrontation.

By Mark Lisheron and Isadora Vail

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Updated: 10:19 p.m. Monday, Dec. 14, 2009
Post a Comment E-mail Print ShareLarger type Smaller type
Upset with how her investments were handled, a 46-year-old Wimberley woman carrying a bottle of wine pulled a handgun Friday on two employees of a Bee Cave liability group she had sued earlier in the week, according to an arrest affidavit.

Employees at Triton Financial, at 12117 Bee Cave Road, were able to get the handgun away from Christine Ramsey Cayton as she tried to open a box of ammunition, according to the affidavit filed Monday. Bee Cave police officers charged Cayton with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second-degree felony.

The affidavit said Cayton came into Triton Financial and knocked loudly on the door of an office in which two employees were meeting. The employees said Cayton had a glass of wine and her purse in one hand and a bottle of wine in the other.

Cayton complained that she had been treated badly by the company and said she would not leave until the business returned $125,000 to her. As the employees tried to coax her into a conference room to discuss the matter, Cayton pulled a black handgun from her purse, pointed it at one of the workers and said she wanted her money, the affidavit said.

When Cayton put the gun on a desk to fish a box of bullets out of her purse, one worker grabbed the handgun and the other grabbed Cayton and held her in a conference room until officers arrived, the affidavit said.

According to the lawsuit filed Wednesday against Triton, Cayton and her family had hired the liability company to manage their retirement funds in 2008. They invested $125,000, the suit said, and when Cayton began to ask questions about their investments, she asked for a refund.

The lawsuit says $25,000 has been refunded to Cayton. An attorney with George and Brothers LLC, which is representing Cayton, declined to comment Monday on the criminal or civil cases.

In a statement Monday, Triton CEO Kurt Barton said, "Hopefully, (Cayton) will receive the proper treatment and counseling necessary to prevent this from happening again."

mlisheron@statesman.com; 445-3663

ivail@statesman.com; 445-3763

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Austin: Gun, wine wielding woman charged in assault

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

She filed her lawsuit on Wednesday, then did her drunken
crazy woman thing on Friday.

Girl, the wheels of justice do not work that fast on a civil lawsuit.

However, you may be please at the speed with which your criminal
proceedings move right along!

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

In a statement Monday, Triton CEO Kurt Barton said, "Hopefully, (Cayton) will receive the proper treatment and counseling necessary to prevent this from happening again."

Most definately proper treatment needs to be received. About 45 yrs in TDC Gainsville Unit for women should prevent it for aaaaaaahhh about 45 yrs probably.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

What became of the alleged $125,000 investment?

gemini

Post by gemini »

"What became of the alleged $125,000 investment?" (Oldgringo)

I'd like to know that too.

"The lawsuit says $25,000 has been refunded to Cayton. An attorney with George and Brothers LLC, which is representing Cayton, declined to comment Monday on the criminal or civil cases."

Maybe Triton CEO Kurt Barton needs to see a little jail time himself. In fact, I can think of several financial
institutions / banks / mortgage companies CEO's that should have received jail time instead of bailouts and/or
golden parachutes.

All that said...... the gun toting wino lady is in a heap of criminal trouble in addition to her civil woes. I'd be a good juror
for this case, because I don't like either party involved :smash:

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

This lady was on film on the news today, so if you go to
http://www.kvue.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Austin's TV station) or maybe one of the other
TXCN (Texas Cable News) affiliated stations, you can see her
try to explain herself. http://www.txcn.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; might help with the video find.

It's not good that an emotionally fragile woman worrried about
big money gets drunk, is on meds, and then tries to get her
refund with the help of her roscoe.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “Off-Topic”