Why Does Interpol Need Immunity from American Law?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

boomerang
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Why Does Interpol Need Immunity from American Law?

Post by boomerang »

Bullitt wrote:This is much ado about nothing.
You can't have it both ways. If they're not going to do bad things, they don't need immunity.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Bullitt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bullitt »

The only immunity they are getting is from the FIA. If we recall the Right was outraged when the FIA law was passed by the Left. Now we on the Right are upset because the FIA isn't being applied to someone? Go figure. In my opinion the FIA sucks, and is of the same mentality that brought down our own intelligence community in the 70's.

suthdj
Posts in topic: 5

Post by suthdj »

TheArmedFarmer wrote:
suthdj wrote:Here is the response I got today.
Wait a minute, did that really come from John Cornyn's office??? Or did you create it as satire?
It is real. I can forward it to you, if you like.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

TheArmedFarmer
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

suthdj wrote:It is real. I can forward it to you, if you like.
I believe you. I've just never heard anybody refer to the U.S. as a "nation-state" and that set off an alarm in my head, I guess.
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

TheArmedFarmer wrote:
suthdj wrote:It is real. I can forward it to you, if you like.
I believe you. I've just never heard anybody refer to the U.S. as a "nation-state" and that set off an alarm in my head, I guess.
The words "nation state" distinguish between "nations" such as a people group (Cherokee Nation, for instance), and "nations" such as a sovereign national entity with borders, citizens, a national government, a military, and full diplomatic recognition.

And to forestall argument, I'm not saying there is no Cherokee Nation, but such as it is, it is not an entirely sovereign entity.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TheArmedFarmer
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

The Annoyed Man wrote:The words "nation state" distinguish between...
:tiphat:

I think I was being too pedantic on an obscurity that isn't even important. Now I am left to wonder why I found his usage of "nation-state" to be troubling to me.
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by powerboatr »

if they are above the law, then I would say so are we? since now the pres through out our constitution. He basically destroyed our sovereignty as a nation. :rules:
This is how revolutions begin and get out of control really fast.
I would surmise it will go back to the not trusting his neighbor, relative, friend, mom, dad, etc.
I would also suggest the revolution remove the heads of Medusa first so we can begin to start over.

good thing we stocked up for the party.

Imagine this scenario
most leo departments are corrupt, period

However if interpol was to place an agent with every police department in the country, then they could theoretically violate search and seizure, and we could be looking at one heck of big problem,
" the agents entered my home without an warrant" so we give the leo's super powers and black coats with little lighting bolts and "BAM" NAZI Germany all over again

AND disclosure of evidence against you would no longer be your right.
If they were allowed to search your property and you were never allowed to see what they used as an evidence path to lead them to you, your now done.
they could merely say the evidence is in their possession and our courts are powerless to subpoena the information, isn't there a bill of rights that has provisions for you to know/face your accuser and the evidence therein?
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Off-Topic”