Defying Gravity

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
casingpoint
Posts in topic: 4

Defying Gravity

Post by casingpoint »

How do they do it? How do they keep their pants from falling down when worn below the butt like the guys on the right and left?
http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/30-deep ... 41870.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Defying Gravity

Post by Beiruty »

sown to their underpants?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

John112709

Post by John112709 »

two sided tape? pants 3 sizes too small? id like to know how its done.
NRA Member
G23 with super tuck
9/19/09 - Class & online app complete
10/7/09 - packet & pin received
10/8/09 - mailed to DPS
10/12/09 - App processing
11/23/09 - App completed
11/27/09 - Plastic in hand

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

I number of clothing manufacturers have started making pants that are actually sown to boxers. Other times, I've seen guys dressed like that just standing with a very wide stance to hold them up.
NRA lifetime member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

These 'bangers think they have started the fad of the low hanging pants. However, for those of you that remember Hee Haw, it was actually started by David 'Stringbean' Akeman. :lol:

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

hheremtp
Posts in topic: 2

Post by hheremtp »

Does anyone actually know where this style actually started and what it is supposed to mean?
Steve

dewayneward

Post by dewayneward »

hheremtp wrote:Does anyone actually know where this style actually started and what it is supposed to mean?
I will probably be proven wrong here (I havent snoped this), but my understanding is that this is started in prison. Basically the guys that looked like this were being sodomized by the other prisoners.

I dont know if it is true or not, but I laugh everytime I see one of these guys, because if I am right, I dont think that they would want to be associated with the guys in prison.

I did a snopes look up and found this: http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/sagging.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Col 2:8 See to it that no man takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men,according to the elementary principles of the world,rather than according to Christ.
austin received app 12/10
Processing app 12/22/08
App comp 1/26/09
Plastic in hand 1/30/09

hheremtp

Post by hheremtp »

dewayneward wrote:
hheremtp wrote:Does anyone actually know where this style actually started and what it is supposed to mean?
I will probably be proven wrong here (I havent snoped this), but my understanding is that this is started in prison. Basically the guys that looked like this were being sodomized by the other prisoners.

I dont know if it is true or not, but I laugh everytime I see one of these guys, because if I am right, I dont think that they would want to be associated with the guys in prison.

I did a snopes look up and found this: http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/sagging.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is what I had heard also.
Steve

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

you ever see someone wearing their pants like that walk or try to hurry across a street....holy cow its great! "rlol"

tauruspt145

Post by tauruspt145 »

When i worked as a guard in huntsville. None of the inmates wore their pants like that. I asked an inmate why and i was told if you have your pants that way in prison then you are (advertising an area of your body that you would not want attention in)<--- his own words.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Don't you just love it when brain surgeons like
the ones in the photo try to do a foot bail from
the cops and they can't make it 25 yards due
to the droopy drawers? :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

And, when these guys try to carry their guns in the waistband while hitching, they have a hard time keeping control of it. I know of a case where a guy's piece fell down his pants leg and onto the sidewalk while hitching. A citizen spotted the gun fall out and him retrieve it, and called 911. He was arrested about 2 blocks later. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

ninemm
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ninemm »

Quite a while back I was driving through downtown Dallas on Lamar Street and was about to cross Commerce Street when I noticed three guys with "lowrider" pants in my path ahead "cool walking" and crossing against the light. I pretended not to see them and used the console mounted parking brake to lock up my back wheels, causing the tires to squeal loudly :evil2: . This got their attention and all three took off to get out of the street. One of them had his pants fall down around his ankles and went down. I think he realized what I had done as he scrambled to get his pants pulled up and take in after me. As my car was an underpowered 4 cylinder, he durn nearly caught me. I might not do that again.

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

ninemm wrote:Quite a while back I was driving through downtown Dallas on Lamar Street and was about to cross Commerce Street when I noticed three guys with "lowrider" pants in my path ahead "cool walking" and crossing against the light. I pretended not to see them and used the console mounted parking brake to lock up my back wheels, causing the tires to squeal loudly :evil2: . This got their attention and all three took off to get out of the street. One of them had his pants fall down around his ankles and went down. I think he realized what I had done as he scrambled to get his pants pulled up and take in after me. As my car was an underpowered 4 cylinder, he durn nearly caught me. I might not do that again.
You need to feed that lil' Hamster (that is under your hood!)... Ha! :smilelol5:
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

mctowalot

Post by mctowalot »

Ok Ya'll, one of the following is the truth about this subject (take your pick) :

1) I know the answer, but they said they kick me out of the droopy drawers gang if I said any thing.
2) Conway Twitty had an alter ego. This style resulted from the flipside version of his famous song "Cowboy's Dream a.k.a. Tiger in tight fittin Jeans", about the cheating wife of a wealthy but un-loving man - tears your out don't it- who gets all dolled up and goes to Gilley's and encounters Mr. Twitty (Lyrics include "A Cowboy once had a millionare's dream, Lord I Loved That Lady Wearing Tight Fitting Jeans".
3) (And I think this rings most true) This style originated in pop culture as "wannabe gangsters" emulated the look of an inmate appearing before the court in a prison provided (but oversized) suit. I guess from courts point of view (pun intended) better too loose than too tight!

Return to “Off-Topic”