Ha Ha Ha! Airsoft gun shuts down UK town

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Ha Ha Ha! Airsoft gun shuts down UK town

Post by marksiwel »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/nort ... 442565.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"A security alert in Londonderry has ended after the suspicious object at the centre of a police search turned out to be a pellet gun.

Traffic and shopping were disrupted in the city on Tuesday afternoon as PSNI officers responded to a report of a suspicious object at Woodburn Park.

A PSNI spokesman said the object had been examined by army technical officers who identified it as a BB gun.

Roads which were closed during the alert have now reopened to traffic. "

How many Cops does it take to ID a Toy gun, apparently none, it took an Army Technical officer BWA HA HA HA
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ha Ha Ha! Airsoft gun shuts down UK town

Post by MadMonkey »

Closing down roads for an Airsoft gun... "rlol"
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Topic author
marksiwel
Banned

Post by marksiwel »

AndyC wrote:Even worse - it will start happening here, too, unless we keep our numbers up by educating folks about firearms and constantly introduce new shooters to the sport.

I'm convinced that that is why the British people rolled over - constant attrition of numbers until there weren't enough to make a loud enough noise.
:iagree:

I heard a good quote about the Uk the other day, Paraphrasing "The Goverment of the UK didnt see the book 1984 as a warning, they saw it as a plan"

mymojo

Post by mymojo »

Every time I read about England I cant help but see...

(I'd actually like to find one of these posters for sale)
"Dialing 9-1-1 is wise.... Expecting them to arrive in time to save you is foolish." - Tsung Tzu, The Art of War

Kevinf2349

Post by Kevinf2349 »

Maybe y'all have forgotten that Londonderry used to be an IRA hotbed (Thank you for that America btw :totap: ) and as the IRA and all other paramilitary groups were supposed to have turned in their cache of arms then maybe the story takes on a different light?

After all it isn't like the gun familiar America police haven't shot someone over a "toy gun" now is it? :banghead: :mad5
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

chabouk
Banned

Post by chabouk »

How'd you like to be out legally hunting, and get the full SWAT response (with helicopter!) because someone saw your gun and panicked?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/countr ... ports.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
marksiwel
Banned

Post by marksiwel »

Kevinf2349 wrote:Maybe y'all have forgotten that Londonderry used to be an IRA hotbed (Thank you for that America btw :totap: ) and as the IRA and all other paramilitary groups were supposed to have turned in their cache of arms then maybe the story takes on a different light?

After all it isn't like the gun familiar America police haven't shot someone over a "toy gun" now is it? :banghead: :mad5
As far as I've read, most of the weapons came from Russia and Lybia. Private US donations, and Mob Donations came from America.

I still see this as shutting down a road for a Plastic pistol as crazy, its not as if it were a bomb. Yes, American police have shot people who were holding and pointing a gun at them, as far as this story says, there was just a gun laying in the street.

Bart

Post by Bart »

Kevinf2349 wrote:After all it isn't like the gun familiar America police haven't shot someone over a "toy gun" now is it? :banghead: :mad5
I missed the part in the story where someone had the gun. I thought it was laying on the ground.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Ha Ha Ha Airsoft gun shuts down UK town
I'm still looking for the humour in this situation. This situation is a lot of things, funny ain't one of them.

It could happen here.

Return to “Off-Topic”