Alarms and gun shots at 1am across the street...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
springfieldATX
Posts in topic: 1

Alarms and gun shots at 1am across the street...

Post by springfieldATX »

Well a few hours ago I was sitting in my bedroom alone watching "Black Hawk Down" ...then all of the sudden I hear a very loud alarm sound and see flashing strobes out of my window. Naturally I become a lil concerned. As Im listen I can see that its coming from an 8 story parking garage/building across the street from my apartment.

Soon multiple police and fire trucks arrive on the scene and I just figure it was some kind of false alarm...So I turn back on my nice bedtime war movie.

30 min later I hear what sounds to be 5 very loud gun shots from the same location after the police had left!!! I immediately grab my carry gun and also grabbed my home defense Springfield XD with crimson trace grip and tactical rail light just in case. I quickly make sure all doors are locked and now my addreneline was pumping... :shock: :mad5

I picked up my phone and called in what had just happened. Well 20 min later I was informed that it was just a couple of kids exploding fireworks in the parking garage. :confused5

All in all it made for an interesting experience and glad to know that if such a thing (God forbid) were to happen I would have been "ready". :txflag:
Springfield XD9 4"
Kahr CW9

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Alarms and gun shots at 1am across the street...

Post by Keith B »

The strobes are probably on the fire alarm system. We have them and the loud Klaxon horns in our builidngs at my work complex. They are deafening when the fire alarm is sounding. :shock:

I would almost be willuing to bet the same kids that shot the fireworks had pulled the fire alam erlier.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Off-Topic”