Best Quote of 2009

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Shu
Posts in topic: 2

Best Quote of 2009

Post by Shu »

POLK COUNTY FLORIDA SHERIFF GRADY JUDD
An illegal alien in Polk County Florida who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop ended up 'executing' the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. A state-wide manhunt ensued.

The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area and as soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him. They hit the guy 68 times.

Naturally, the media went nuts and asked why they had to shoot the poor undocumented immigrant 68 times.

Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: 'Because that's all the ammunition we had..' Now, is that just about the all-time greatest answer or what!

The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes.. When asked by a reporter how that could be since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied "when you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."

seamusTX

Re: Best Quote of 2009

Post by seamusTX »

This story is actually based on an incident that occurred in 2006. The basic facts are correct.

According to Snopes, 110 shots were fired and 68 hit.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/cops/judd.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Topic author
Shu

Post by Shu »

My bad for incorrect information. I was e-mailed this.

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Shu wrote:My bad for incorrect information. I was e-mailed this.
The only thing that was inaccurate was the year. I vaguely recalled hearing about this incident when it happened.

These stories proliferate and change like the game of post office.

I thought the more detailed description in Snopes was interesting.

- Jim

Return to “Off-Topic”