Cheap LED Flashlights at Home Depot.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Cheap LED Flashlights at Home Depot.

Post by DoubleJ »

in another state, with different laws.

They still have good prices on stuff. Their Kirkland Signature brand is typically made in my neck of the woods, being as Kirkland, Wa is right up the road ;-)
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pbwalker »

mctowalot wrote:You guys are mean! Besides, my 3 yr. old knows how to change batteries (sigh).
No joke...my 2 year old apparently picked up the "Turn it off, we have to save the batteries" mantra from me. So now, she plays with a toy for 30 seconds and turns it off to "save the batteries". lol

And while she can't quite change the batteries yet, she knows where they are and how to take them out.

Kids...gotta love them. Not a day goes by where I am not amazed at something she does.

:tiphat:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

UpTheIrons

Post by UpTheIrons »

BTW, I found the cheap lights at Home Depot again the other day. They were in a big cardboard bin by the registers for $0.88 each. I picked up a handful - it's nice to leave one in every room so I don't have to search around for a light when I need one. The only downside is they take 3 AAA batteries each, but they should last almost forever.

On gifts for kids, my M-I-L has a system: if your kid/s are invited to a birthday party for a child/parent combo they and you like, get them something nice. If it is for a child/parent combo you aren't completely happy with, fingerpaints make a great gift. If the kid is too old for fingerpaints, lights and noises are a fine substitute! :evil2:
"I don't know how that would ever be useful, but I want two!"

Springs are cheap - your gun and your life aren't.

SwimFan85

Post by SwimFan85 »

seniorshooteress wrote:I see some are still shopping at COSTCO! How quickly we forget about what happened to Erik Scott.
If I remember right, he wasn't shot by a Costco employee. He was shot by the police. Then the police justified their actions in part by saying that Scott had a concealed carry permit, but it didn't include the .380 Ruger he was carrying.

“That’s a felony crime in Nevada” - Detective Barry Jensen, a homicide detective assigned to investigate the shooting.

It makes more sense to boycott Clark County Nevada. If you want to go further, boycott the big trade show in Clark County in two weeks. (January 18-21, 2011) You can even boycott every company that exhibits at that trade show if you want. That's makes as much sense as boycotting Costco.

Here's the list of exhibitors. http://bit.ly/9zRGkq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston!
The war is inevitable--and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

UpTheIrons wrote:BTW, I found the cheap lights at Home Depot again the other day. They were in a big cardboard bin by the registers for $0.88 each. I picked up a handful - it's nice to leave one in every room so I don't have to search around for a light when I need one. The only downside is they take 3 AAA batteries each, but they should last almost forever.
The individual plastic ones are 98 cents at the Home Depot near me. Two packs are $2. :headscratch

I grabbed a few of the individually wrapped ones. I also paid $3 for a LED/LASER combo light and $6.98 for a 15' cat5 cable at the Home Depot. That's cheaper than Walmart!
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

seniorshooteress
Posts in topic: 3

Post by seniorshooteress »

SwimFan85 wrote:
seniorshooteress wrote:I see some are still shopping at COSTCO! How quickly we forget about what happened to Erik Scott.
If I remember right, he wasn't shot by a Costco employee. He was shot by the police. Then the police justified their actions in part by saying that Scott had a concealed carry permit, but it didn't include the .380 Ruger he was carrying.

“That’s a felony crime in Nevada” - Detective Barry Jensen, a homicide detective assigned to investigate the shooting.

It makes more sense to boycott Clark County Nevada. If you want to go further, boycott the big trade show in Clark County in two weeks. (January 18-21, 2011) You can even boycott every company that exhibits at that trade show if you want. That's makes as much sense as boycotting Costco.

Here's the list of exhibitors. http://bit.ly/9zRGkq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is the company policy of not posting a 30.6 then saying you can't carry in their stores that is the issue. If not for Costco employee's Erik Scott wouldn't have been put in that position. As CHL holders, seems we are gambling when shopping at a Costco as to whether or not the cops will be called to arrest us. THAT IS THE ISSUE I have with these stores. I won't shop at one no matter what state it is in.
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

Bart

Post by Bart »

:iagree:

I boycott the local gun shows because they have 30.06 signs.

I wish I could boycott my taxes supporting COE and other federal agencies that ban CHL.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DoubleJ »

seniorshooteress wrote:
SwimFan85 wrote:

It is the company policy of not posting a 30.6 then saying you can't carry in their stores that is the issue. If not for Costco employee's Erik Scott wouldn't have been put in that position. As CHL holders, seems we are gambling when shopping at a Costco as to whether or not the cops will be called to arrest us. THAT IS THE ISSUE I have with these stores. I won't shop at one no matter what state it is in.
I don't want to derail this thread, so this is all I will say on this topic: How did CostCo know he had a gun? Think about that when choosing your carry and/or concealment. :headscratch

My dad has a propensity for covering up with as little as possible and I swear he moves ever so slightly and his gun is evident to the whole world. :banghead: I believe I will use this incident to "help" him out a bit. I believe this type of incident would be completely negated by being just a little bit more covert.
as an aside, I don't blame CostCo, at least not that much. I'm pretty sure you walk into any store and some nimrod sees your carry piece, and they're most likely going to say "Yew can't have that in here..." just out of plain ol' ign'ance. :grumble

anyway, I believe I will be taking a trip to The Home Depot (less spending, more doing) to check out these cheapo flashlights. I personally love my Olight that I bought from Battery Junction couple years ago. for the price, I mean C'mon! :thumbs2:
:leaving
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Return to “Off-Topic”