rental receipts advice

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LedJedi
Posts in topic: 2

rental receipts advice

Post by LedJedi »

Howdy folks, I have a question that I'm guessing someone here might have an answer to or possibly an alternative solution.

A few months back our leasing office lost our rental check for our apartment. They just straight up lost it. We have the carbon copy in our checkbook where we wrote it and I dropped it off in the mail slot myself. To this date it's never turned up.

Ever since then we've asked the leasing office to please give us a receipt when we pay rent. They always make a copy of our check and whoever is in the office signs and dates the copy. That's more than adequate for us to be able to prove we did indeed drop off the check.

However, this weekend we went to drop off the check and we were informed that they are no longer "allowed" to give us a receipt and if we wanted them to sign one we would have to make it ourself and bring it in. Aside from being ridiculous, it's more than a little inconvenient for us to make a copy of every check we give them. We could do a receipt book, but that doesn't have the actual check on it and seems less than ideal.

I honestly thought they were required to give a receipt by law, but after looking at TPC 92.011 it looks like that's only for cash payment and they don't even allow cash payments (I probably wouldn't either given the amount of cash they would have built up).

Can anyone think of a low tech solution to this? They seem more than adamant about not giving a receipt any longer which I can't figure out for the life of me what that's about.

seniorshooteress
Posts in topic: 1

Re: rental receipts advice

Post by seniorshooteress »

IMO to save yourself some stress, just make a copy of your payment check using your home printer, and let them sign it. That way you will have your receipt of payment just like before. It doesn't take that long to make a copy yourself does it? Just don't drop your rent check in the slot any more cause you can't get your "receipt" that way. :leaving
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

BadSpellar

Post by BadSpellar »

Bring your check book and have them sign the carbon copy.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

:clapping: Good job BadSpellar, Good job. :clapping:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

:iagree: Great idea. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Medic218

Post by Medic218 »

BadSpellar wrote:Bring your check book and have them sign the carbon copy.
I was thinking the same thing.
Just make sure the carbon copy is legible!
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- M218

Topic author
LedJedi
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LedJedi »

BadSpellar wrote:Bring your check book and have them sign the carbon copy.
That's the kind of brilliance I've come to expect from you guys... Simplicity and logic to the core :)

Return to “Off-Topic”