My coworker got attacked by pitpull

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My coworker got attacked by pitpull

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
mbw wrote:Don't blame the animal. Dog was just doing his job. My dog would do the same thing if a stranger just popped open a door and walked in. At least I hope that he would.

The problem is the homeowner who apparently made no effort to let Realtors know that there was a dog that was lose in the home. And yes, the homeowner should be held liable for all damages. He should also be turned in to animal control for not having his dog up to date on shots.

In the future a can of Bear Spray or a club of some sort would probably be more useful against a dog than a CH.
I'm not blaming the dog. I'm blaming the home owner.
Don't stop with the homeowner, the listing agent should bear more than a little responsibility for not knowing/caring what info went, or did not go, into the multi-listing?

seniorshooteress

Post by seniorshooteress »

yeap, an irresponsible dog owner - don't blame the dog. Sue the pants off the owner and the owner may think twice about keeping the shots up to date and letting the poor dog run free when they have the house up for sale and knowing potental buyers/realtors will be stopping in for a look see. When I am expecting repair people etc. I make sure my dogs are in an area where they can't get to whom ever is coming around. More for the protection of my dogs, cause if they bite someone, they could catch something. Maybe the human hasn't had their shots updated. :smilelol5:
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

I had an unpredictable schedule when I sold my house, so I told my Realtor the service had to call my cell phone before scheduling a showing. I lost track of the number of agents who tried to show the house without authorization.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

when my wife (at the time, just girlfriend) sold her house, the Realtor got to know her dog, and learned to go in, (the dog was really a pussy-cat anyway) and said "Marty - Room" and Marty would go in his cage, she could latch it, and all was good.

At worst with this dog anyway, he would lick someone to death.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

driver8

Post by driver8 »

I think some of you are under estimating the killing abilities of Pit Bulls. If it got to the point that the Pit was clamped on my leg and didn't let go pretty quick, the lead is fixin to fly.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

driver8 wrote:I think some of you are under estimating the killing abilities of Pit Bulls. If it got to the point that the Pit was clamped on my leg and didn't let go pretty quick, the lead is fixin to fly.
If a pit bull(or any other breed of dog, for that matter) ever clamped on my leg, I would definitely be in fear of my life, and MOST definitely would use deadly force to stop the threat.....no questions asked....a knee jerk reaction.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

davidtx
Posts in topic: 2

Post by davidtx »

driver8 wrote:I think some of you are under estimating the killing abilities of Pit Bulls. If it got to the point that the Pit was clamped on my leg and didn't let go pretty quick, the lead is fixin to fly.
I'm not sure about using the gun that close to my leg, but I bet the Kershaw would be effective.

tauruspt145
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tauruspt145 »

:iagree:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I'm not underestimating it at all. I own a part pitbull dog that doesn't know how to make nice with strangers and other dogs. And consequently, I have to take steps as part of my responsibilities as a dog owner to make sure that nothing bad happens to strangers and other dogs.... ....unless they come into my house uninvited.

If your house is on the market, then realtors are going to be showing it; and for all practical purposes, they are "invited" guests. Thus, you have to make arrangements for your dog, regardless of what breed it is. It's called being a grown up. Dogs have extremely sensitive senses, and they react keenly to whatever emotional state you are broadcasting, including the hormonal changes to your body induced by fear. You may think you have your fear under control, but the dog can smell that, biologically speaking, you don't. And thus, they will react accordingly, going into a state of heightened alert themselves in which they will become less trusting, and more uncertain of your intentions. If your fear ramps up accordingly, so will their anxiety, until the point at which, as perceived in their doggy brains, they need take action to protect themselves. So even your big, friendly, happy-go-lucky, tail-wagger family pet can become an aggressive threat to your safety. If the dog is a member of one of those dynamic high-drive breeds, which includes pitbulls (and Rotweilers, and German Shepherds, and Dobermans, and even the diminutive Jack Russel Terriers), then the threat to your safety is higher yet.

Thus, a responsible owner of said big, friendly, happy-go-lucky, tail-wagger family pet, will make arrangements to sequester the dog, preferably off property, when their home is being shown while they are not home. It's the grown up thing to do. Unfortunately, a significant number of physically mature individuals have not yet attained, and likely never will attain, mental maturity.

And I agree with the above comments that the listing agent bears some responsibility for not having instructed the homeowner to isolate the dog in a safe place, and then following up to make sure that the home owner actually did it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”