3 of 4 rules broken...tragic ending

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TexDotCom
Posts in topic: 1

3 of 4 rules broken...tragic ending

Post by TexDotCom »

Just because you have a right does *not*, in any way, shape, or form, indicate or intend to convey that you don't also have responsibilities to go along with it!!!!

http://www.wsmv.com/news/23975152/detail.html

"PORTLAND, Tenn. -- A husband said his rifle went off accidentally on Sunday morning, killing his wife.

Sumner County sheriff Bob Barker said Wendy Lame died after being shot at her farm on Moore Link Road in Portland, Tenn.

Her husband Kenneth Lame told investigators that he was getting out of his truck, holding a rifle when the gun went off.

The shot hit his wife in the back."

Ridiculous. Senseless. Needless. And completely preventable. :frown5:

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 3 of 4 rules broken...tragic ending

Post by Excaliber »

TexDotCom wrote:Just because you have a right does *not*, in any way, shape, or form, indicate or intend to convey that you don't also have responsibilities to go along with it!!!!

http://www.wsmv.com/news/23975152/detail.html

"PORTLAND, Tenn. -- A husband said his rifle went off accidentally on Sunday morning, killing his wife.

Sumner County sheriff Bob Barker said Wendy Lame died after being shot at her farm on Moore Link Road in Portland, Tenn.

Her husband Kenneth Lame told investigators that he was getting out of his truck, holding a rifle when the gun went off.

The shot hit his wife in the back."

Ridiculous. Senseless. Needless. And completely preventable. :frown5:

From the press account, I give the husband's version of the story the same credence I gave to the U of Alabama active shooter professor's assertion that she accidentally killed her brother years ago with the third shot fired from a shotgun while trying to unload it. She's finally being charged with that one.

I think the last line in the article which indicates the sheriff has opened a criminal investigation is an indication of how much credence the investigators are giving to the accidental shooting theory.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

*sniff* *sniff*

What's that smell?
Byron Dickens

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Perhaps similar story from Mississippi http://www.starkvilledailynews.com/cont ... 165985/60/.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

J.R.@A&M wrote:Perhaps similar story from Mississippi http://www.starkvilledailynews.com/cont ... 165985/60/.
This is one more anecdote in support of the fact that it's close to impossible for a killer to successfully manipulate all the elements at a death scene in such a way that a thorough and meticulous investigator wouldn't be able to figure out the essentials of what happened there.

The offender can only identify so many elements in the short time he has available, even if that's several hours. The investigator can dig deep into what he finds for days, weeks, months, or years. This usually uncovers things that the offender never thought of, and just plain random or lucky circumstances that couldn't be foreseen by anyone.

This certainly doesn't mean that every crime is solved, or every offender is arrested, but death scenes typically present large amounts of evidence in many forms that favor eventual success by a determined investigator more than they favor the offender.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

glbedd53

Post by glbedd53 »

That's a convenient accident. And when did Bob Barker get into law enforcement?

Return to “Off-Topic”