NM: Morons stage fake shooting

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NM: Morons stage fake shooting

Post by Purplehood »

jimlongley wrote:
seamusTX wrote:Now I'm going to stick my foot in it, but back in the day most reasonable people gave their kids names like James (moi), John, Susan, Nancy, Phillip, etc. It seems like when you get to Dakota, Flower, Phoenix, Shawn, or John Wayne anything, they are destined for a life of failure.

- Jim
I went to high school, in the early 60s, with a kid whose mother named all of her kids after birds: Robin, Martin, Thrush, Sparrow, Swallow, Jay. I don't know how many kids she eventually had, but when Robin (a boy) was 16, she was pregnant with another. Robin, Martin, and Jay were not too bad, unless you got to know the family and met their sisters, Sparrow, Swallow, and Thrush, and then the trend became noticeable.
I think I met the black-sheep of the family, "Turkey-Buzzard".
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

threoh8

Post by threoh8 »

I blame it on the Roswell streetlights.

The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

seamusTX wrote:That too.

I don't know the details of New Mexico law, but in Texas pointing a firearm at someone is deadly conduct regardless of whether it is loaded, and pulling the trigger is aggravated assault. These people are in a heap of doo-doo.

- Jim
Then how come no one ever took Chuck Norris to the slammer for filming Walker Texas Ranger in Irving...? Just askin'.... :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 5

Post by seamusTX »

'Cuz they use non-functional prop guns. The gunshot sounds are added in editing.

There were too many accidental shootings during movie filming and people killed by "blank" primers in earlier years. Incidents like that still happen occasionally in re-enactments.

- Jim

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jimlongley »

seamusTX wrote:'Cuz they use non-functional prop guns. The gunshot sounds are added in editing.

There were too many accidental shootings during movie filming and people killed by "blank" primers in earlier years. Incidents like that still happen occasionally in re-enactments.

- Jim

They also use propane guns which put out all those pretty flames.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Return to “Off-Topic”