San Antonio: Don't bring a gun to a volleyball game

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 4

San Antonio: Don't bring a gun to a volleyball game

Post by seamusTX »

In San Antonio Thursday, a woman reportedly "pulled a gun" on members of a middle-school volleyball team after the team that she backed lost.

The woman was not apprehended and has not been identified.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_ ... 02409.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7194531.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:banghead:

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 1

Re: San Antonio: Don't bring a gun to a volleyball game

Post by KD5NRH »

seamusTX wrote:The woman was not apprehended and has not been identified.
Huh?
Judson school police got statements from six witnesses, including several who apparently know the woman, Keith said.
Judson school district spokesman James Keith said school police were reviewing videotape of the Thursday night incident to try to identify the woman. Keith says witnesses reported that she threatened to shoot several girls. He says several witnesses knew the woman.
Could someone point out to Kojak that it might be productive to ask those witnesses who she is?

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

It might be "know" in the sense of remembering seeing her before and her name might be Cheryl or whatever.

I can't believe the insanity that surrounds kids' sports. This is right up there with the killer cheerleader mom. The woman committed several felonies.

I hope she is not found to have a CHL.

- Jim

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Suspect identified, interviewed. Tempest. Teapot.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/accuse ... 36289.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... wD9I59HRG0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim

Fangs

Post by Fangs »

Oh, the finger gun. Scary. :banghead:
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

So the district is banning her for a year. What about banning the idiot witnesses who lied?

terryg

Post by terryg »

Fangs wrote:Oh, the finger gun. Scary. :banghead:
I sure hope she didn't have a CFL :smilelol5:
... this space intentionally left blank ...

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

MechAg94 wrote:So the district is banning her for a year. What about banning the idiot witnesses who lied?
The woman allegedly confronted a group of 7th-grade girls who were celebrating a sports win. Personally, I think that over the line. If there was some problem with the manner of he celebration, she needed to talk to the other team's coach.

The people who said she had a gun probably were playing an adult version of the old game telephone. Someone who was too far away to see clearly thought she had a handgun (this situation probably was in darkness). That person told someone else that the woman had a gun, and it spread like wildfire.

In a case like that, I don't think its a lie. It's spreading unverified information without due diligence.

I think the word lie gets thrown around too much lately.

- Jim

Return to “Off-Topic”