Toys R Us Policy

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tetralaw
Posts in topic: 6

Toys R Us Policy

Post by tetralaw »

I was just made aware of a recent policy by toys r us that does not allow licensed carry of a firearm into their establishments.
I found the information on thehighroad.org in the activism forum.
I don't know if there is a better section of this forum for this thread but thought I could at least start here.
There is a boycott in progress and as a CHL holder felt we should all be informed so that we can express ourselves on the matter.
I have already emailed them and expressed my feelings about their policy.

contactus@toysrus.com

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Toys R Us Policy

Post by Beiruty »

If there is no valid 30.06 notice I carry anyway. Yesterday, I was shopping toys for my kids at one of their store.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Who cares? Unless their stores are posted with a compliant 30.06 sign, this has no bearing on anyone with a CHL.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Who cares? Unless their stores are posted with a compliant 30.06 sign, this has no bearing on anyone with a CHL.
...however, a missive to them can result in a proper 30.06 sign being posted... :banghead:

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

If as much effort was directed to county, city, and other governmenal jurisdictions to enforce their inability to ban firearms and remove the unenforceable signs as these efforts at peppering toys-r-us and other private businesses who have a silly policy but no valid 30.06 posted then we truly would make progress in restoring our freedom and educating said governments.

I have packed into toys-r-us and have seen their little signs. Respectfully, who cares?

If we convince our governments to respect our freedom and rights it will filter down to the subjects.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

As a grandfather of 6, all under the age of 10, I do a lot of shopping in Toys R Us and have never seen a 30.06 sign on any of them so I always carry.

Now, if the boat starts to get rocked so to speak, and someone says something to a store manager, then expect the proper signage to appear.

So concealed means concealed.

BTW, I agree with Anygun on his post.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Teamless
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Teamless »

Last time I was there, just after I got my CHL in April, I noticed a small sign saying ' No Fireams allowed', so i carried right on in ;-)
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Oldgringo »

Teamless wrote:Last time I was there, just after I got my CHL in April, I noticed a small sign saying ' No Fireams allowed', so i carried right on in ;-)
GOOD POINT!

Toys R Us is a national chain. The sign you saw is perfectly valid in some states BUT not in Texas. Our Texas CHL colleagues perhaps should "let that sleeping dog lie"?

Topic author
tetralaw

Post by tetralaw »

I agree with a good amount of what has been said. I understand the requirements for a proper 30.06. However, if its happening in other states it could get to a point where they put proper signs in TX. I'd like to not see it go there. I agree with the sleeping dog comment to a degree, if something is done about it now and the policy is pulled, then that dog just goes away.
I sent a simple email expressing my concerns about the policy and thought others may want to do the same.

Teamless
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Teamless »

tetralaw wrote:I sent a simple email expressing my concerns about the policy and thought others may want to do the same.
At the same point, if they were not aware they have the wrong signs up, you have just told them that information.

I would personally wait until they put up valid 30.06 signs and email them saying "You have just lost my business and a large number of CHL families, due to your sign.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Topic author
tetralaw

Post by tetralaw »

yall are under the impression that I would say something about that in my email. I simply said that since their policy is for no legal carrying of a firearm for licensed citizens that I will not give them any business until it has been reversed.
In a nutshell

Abraham
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Abraham »

When an invalid "No Guns" sign is posted there's no need to conform or complain.

Complaining brings it to light and it may be re-posted validly...

bdickens
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bdickens »

Toys R Us' policy does not trump State law.
Byron Dickens

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Abraham wrote:When an invalid "No Guns" sign is posted there's no need to conform or complain.

Complaining brings it to light and it may be re-posted validly...
THIS! X 10000

Let sleeping dogs lie...
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Return to “Off-Topic”