Toys R Us Policy

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Toys R Us Policy

Post by carlson1 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Who cares? Unless their stores are posted with a compliant 30.06 sign, this has no bearing on anyone with a CHL.
Here is the answer! With three grandchildren I went into several Toys R Us stores and never seen a 30.06 sign.

esxmarkc
Posts in topic: 4

Post by esxmarkc »

carlson1 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Who cares? Unless their stores are posted with a compliant 30.06 sign, this has no bearing on anyone with a CHL.
Here is the answer! With three grandchildren I went into several Toys R Us stores and never seen a 30.06 sign.
Given my last post on this thread and the fact that three Toys R Us locations have shown up in the Texas3006.com database within the same week you can be sure that a corporate-wide memo has been circulated. If you go back to any of those stores in the near future you might want to be be prepared to encounter a new 30.06 sign.
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

esxmarkc wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
Given my last post on this thread and the fact that three Toys R Us locations have shown up in the Texas3006.com database within the same week you can be sure that a corporate-wide memo has been circulated. If you go back to any of those stores in the near future you might want to be be prepared to encounter a new 30.06 sign.
1. Toys R Us on MacArthur in Irving did NOT have a 30.06 sign as of today.
2. Toys R Us on Loop 323 in Tyler did NOT have a 30.06 sign as of about three weeks ago.
3. Toys R Us on Cooper in Arlington did NOT have a 30.06 sign about a month ago.

They may be placing them up. The manager may be placing them up. We are our worst enemy when in comes to making noise about 30.06 signs. We give the places the information they use against us so many times.

That is my .02.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Oldgringo »

carlson1 wrote:
esxmarkc wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
2. Toys R Us on Loop 323 in Tyler did NOT have a 30.06 sign as of about three weeks ago.
3. Toys R Us on Cooper in Arlington did NOT have a 30.06 sign about a month ago.

They may be placing them up. The manager may be placing them up. We are our worst enemy when in comes to making noise about 30.06 signs. We give the places the information they use against us so many times.

That is my .02.
Absolutely, :iagree:

esxmarkc

Post by esxmarkc »

carlson1 wrote:
esxmarkc wrote:
carlson1 wrote:

That is my .02.

Here's the data I see and the dates entered. All by different people:

07/04/2014 20450 Highway 59 North Humble

07/06/2014 1420 Lake Woodlands Dr

07/10/2014 16618 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land

All within a week. There's no way the local store manager is just making his/her own decision to post these. Local store managers don't carry the weight to make such legal decisions. So my money is on a corporate-wide mandate.

When It comes to being our own worst enemy on the issue I wholeheartedly agree with you.

howdy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by howdy »

Sad to say, but brick and mortar stores like Toys R Us, Baby's R Us, Best Buy etc. will all be things of the past in the next few years. I can buy everything Toys R Us sells from Amazon and get it cheaper, free shipping (Amazon Prime) and sometimes no sales tax. Stores like this should think twice before they alienate more customers.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Abraham
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Abraham »

Many of the stores like Toys etc. are heading for extinction. Online sales is slowly killing many retail stores.

Although, I do love going to Walmart, no 30.06 restriction there...hate to ever see them go the way of the buffalo...

Grog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Grog »

edit......Checked last week, did not see a sign. Maybe it was taken down, maybe I saw it elsewhere? :???: ....edit

I think I saw a sign in Mesquite a few weeks ago. I was sent to buy crayons that were on sale (when you are married to a 2nd teacher, you just go a long with it).

I'll try to stop by and double check, but I know I saw a 30.06 sign somewhere in the last few weeks.
Last edited by Grog on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

pistola

Post by pistola »

Grog wrote:I think I saw a sign in Mesquite a few weeks ago. I was sent to buy crayons that were on sale (when you are married to a 2nd teacher, you just go a long with it).

I'll try to stop by and double check, but I know I saw a 30.06 sign somewhere in the last few weeks.
Target has good prices on crayons in the back to school section. No 30.06 signs. No oral notice.

The only bad part was the reminder Summer vacation is almost over.

howdy

Post by howdy »

I walked by the Baby's R Us store in Katy on the way to Best Buy and sure enough, they had a 30.06 sign printed on an 8 X 11 piece of paper. It was stuck in the middle of a bunch of advertisements. I was looking for it or I would not have seen it.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

esxmarkc

Post by esxmarkc »

Cautiously good news. Walked by the same Toys R Us at Lake Woodlands and the sign is GONE. It was a rather temporary looking but clearly legal 30.06 sign but it has been removed and no trace remains. On the other side of the door is a brand new sign with all the typical "no this, no that" on it including a rather large gunbuster "no guns allowed on premises" but by no means anywhere close to even resembling a legal 30.06 sign.

Let's hope that's how it stays.

Mark C.

Kiowa Scout

Post by Kiowa Scout »

pistola wrote:
Grog wrote:I think I saw a sign in Mesquite a few weeks ago. I was sent to buy crayons that were on sale (when you are married to a 2nd teacher, you just go a long with it).

Target has good prices on crayons in the back to school section. No 30.06 signs. No oral notice.

Target has now come out with a corporate policy that states they do not want any firearms in their stores or on their parking lots.

I have to agree with the OP. If we do not tell these places that they will lose our business for their condemnation of our rights how do we make any ground. I am not speaking of telling them their signs are valid or invalid just their policy and philosophy on our rights or the infringement of them.

Personally, my family and I have begun to stop shopping(boycott) at any place that specifies in their policies that they are against what my rights and beliefs are.
Does it affect their profit margins, I don't know. If enough of us take this stance, you bet it will.
"They all handle the sword and are expert in war; every man has his sword on his thigh, that fear be not excited in the night" Song of Solomon 3:8

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Kiowa Scout wrote:
pistola wrote:

Target has now come out with a corporate policy that states they do not want any firearms in their stores or on their parking lots.

I have to agree with the OP. If we do not tell these places that they will lose our business for their condemnation of our rights how do we make any ground. I am not speaking of telling them their signs are valid or invalid just their policy and philosophy on our rights or the infringement of them.

Personally, my family and I have begun to stop shopping(boycott) at any place that specifies in their policies that they are against what my rights and beliefs are.
Does it affect their profit margins, I don't know. If enough of us take this stance, you bet it will.
Actually, the signs that have been popping up on stores show that licensed CHL carry is OK

Discussed in this topic http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=73410&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Target came out with the "no gun" policy because of OCT. If you want to complain to someone call OCT.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I went to the Toys R us in Sugar Land today and it was not posted. There was a "no guns allowed on these premises" sign on the inner doors but no 30.06 to be seen.
Psalm 91:2

Return to “Off-Topic”