Share your recipes - cooking/food

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WildBill
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Share your recipes - cooking/food

Post by WildBill »

I haven't posted here in a while. I saw an interesting recipe on FB for "grilling packets" where they wrapped a bunch of
stuff in aluminum foil and cooked on the grill. I adapted it a bit and cooked it in a larger aluminum pan. It game out very good.
It has corn, sausage, red potatoes, onion, bell pepper, shrimp, olive oil, butter, garlic, creole seasoning and paprika.
Here are the before and after pictures. I bought some andouille sausage and will try that tonight.

BEFORE

AFTER
About 20 minutes of cooking over medium heat. Browned the potatoes in olive oil and garlic first
When the potatoes were done I added the other ingredients, except for the shrimp which were added at the end.

NRA Endowment Member

WildBill
Posts in topic: 12

Post by WildBill »

Raspberry Chipolte Turkey Breast - I made this for a birthday/graduation pool party.
Very simple - Brine a turkey breast overnight [1 cup water, 3 TBL dark brown sugar, 4 Tsp Kosher salt, 1/4 Tsp red pepper flakes, Optional: 1 Tsp Prague powder #1].
Dissolve the salt and sugar in water. Place the brine in a zip lock bag, add the turkey and place in the refrigerator.
After brining 8-24 hours, remove the breast and discard the brine.
Dry the breast and lightly coat with olive oil. Season all over with Creole seasoning.
Cook with the lid on over indirect coals for 45 minutes.
Cook skin side up and turn after 15 minutes. After 15 minutes turn again so that the skin is facing down, flip again after another 15 minutes.
Baste with Tabasco Raspberry Chipolte sauce and cook an additional 15 minutes until the sauce sets.
Remove from the grill, tent with foil and allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Note: They don't have to brined or cooked as long, but this recipe works well with chicken thighs.

NRA Endowment Member

4copas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 4copas »

Thanks WB for the resurrected thread. Those look like some good eats, going to have to give them a try. Love Smokin and Grillin, only way to go all summer around my place.
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. John Wayne
NRA Life Member :patriot: :txflag:

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

It's not unique to me, by any means, but I have been eating pretty good using this method for micro wave corn:

Another of my favorites I picked up a few years ago on another gun site, for preparing perfect medium rare steak.

You need an cast iron skillet. Put the steak out to warm up before so it is room temperature, and season it as you like. I like salt and pepper; good steak requires nothing more. Some use all sorts of fancy rubs.... as you like.

Put the skillet on the stove with very little olive oil and get it hot. Put the steak in the skillet on one side to sear for 1 minute, then flip it over and sear for one minute. Put the skillet and steak in the oven, on high broil, close to the broiler, for 5 minutes. Remove and let stand.

If the steak is very thick, maybe a little longer, if thin cut maybe a little less time.

My mother in law's vinaigrette:

I came to love my French mother in law's salad dressing. She uses grapeseed oil, a good wine vinegar, Grey Poupon dijon mustard, salt and pepper, to taste. Sometimes I add a little thyme powder. Mix well. The grapeseed oil is delightfully light. I never could figure what oil she was using, and never heard of grapeseed oil.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I tried to "catch up" as much as possible on this forum when I joined, but I guess I didn't go far enough back to see this thread. I will have add some recipes, especially those we used on Boy Scouts camp outs. Thanks for bumping this up. I enjoy cooking and Mrs. Jusme will actually eat most of it. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”