Voyager 1 reaches previously unexplored region of space

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Voyager 1 reaches previously unexplored region of space

Post by sjfcontrol »

seamusTX wrote:
ELB wrote:Tie-in to the gun community and trivia question: What is the relationship between Voyager 1 and 2, and the Heller decision?
I dunno, but does it have to do with the phrase "the outer limits"?

- Jim
Or "Star Trek"?
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Unicorn Rancher
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Unicorn Rancher »

Thanks for the reminder to wear this shirt Friday.
http://dayoftheshirt.com/shirts/7RUu5ri ... ng-goodbye" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

sjfcontrol wrote:
seamusTX wrote:
ELB wrote:Tie-in to the gun community and trivia question: What is the relationship between Voyager 1 and 2, and the Heller decision?
I dunno, but does it have to do with the phrase "the outer limits"?

- Jim
Or "Star Trek"?
Nope and nope.

Clayton Cramer, an amateur (in the best sense of the word) historian, and who has particularly focused on guns in US history, helped write one of the amicus briefs used in Heller. At least one of the foot notes in Heller cites his work in supporting the majority opinion. (I believe this is true for McDonald as well).

The tie-in to Voyager is that by paying profession Mr. Cramer is a software engineer, and he began his career as an 18 year old programmer writing telemetry code for the Voyager project.

Unfortunately, I just found out that he suffered a heart attack this past Sunday, and while in surgery to implant a stent, also suffered a stroke. See post by his wife here: http://claytonecramer.blogspot.com/2014 ... eport.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Best wishes and prayers to him and his family.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 15

Post by seamusTX »

I certainly have heard of Clayton Cramer. I've read his essay "The Racist Roots of Gun Control" several times and referred people to it.

http://www.claytoncramer.com/scholarly/racistroots.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did not know of his connection to the Voyager program.

In the bizarre coincidence category, this is the second time in about four days that I heard of someone getting a stent and having a stroke in the process. Of course, anyone who is considering a cardiac stent should discuss the risks with a dependable physician.

- Jim

Return to “Off-Topic”