Article in England

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Article in England

Post by RPB »

UK printed an article about the USA banning things now, I'm having a discussion there, interesting, I know a few of you TEXANS are from the UK if you want to see it, it's here

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... -128406486" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Article in England

Post by DoubleJ »

I read your posts. Well done. :hurry: :thumbs2:
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Thank you
I'm no lawyer

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

You should mention riot control. See Rodney king Riots. Where was the police?
The riots, beginning in the evening after the verdicts, peaked in intensity over the next two days, but ultimately continued for several days. A curfew and deployment of the National Guard began to control the situation; eventually U.S. Army soldiers and United States Marines were ordered to the city to quell disorder as well.
Fifty-three people died during the riots[22] with as many as 2,000 people injured. Estimates of the material losses vary between about $800 million and $1 billion. Approximately 3,600 fires were set, destroying 1,100 buildings, with fire calls coming once every minute at some points; widespread looting also occurred. Stores owned by Korean and other Asian immigrants were widely targeted,[23] although stores owned by Caucasians and African Americans were targeted by rioters as well.
Many of the disturbances were concentrated in South Central Los Angeles, which was primarily composed of African American and Hispanic residents. Half of all riot arrestees and more than a third of those killed during the violence were Hispanic.[24][25]
From wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

RPB wrote:UK printed an article about the USA banning things now, I'm having a discussion there, interesting, I know a few of you TEXANS are from the UK if you want to see it, it's here

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... -128406486" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I read your replies, looks to me like that one person was sparring for an argument, get a dog, etc.
he is living in a fantasy world
thank you for your good remarks back
i for one let my emotions dictate my words to often, but i am working on it

ADA comment is a good one, I too am 100% disabled, i would imagine that could be quite an issue if it came to it.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

RPB wrote:Thank you
I liked the bit about the shoes... :thumbs2:

There's a thread floating around here today about how the UK crime rate is higher per capita than USA and their gun crime has gone UP since they banned guns. Might be some good fodder for your UK discussion..

Carry on.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

I was about to get into riots, but the guy talking about rent control wasn't going to take it seriously anyway.

I let emotions control the "tone" of my posts at night when I'm tired, so I only post places daytime now:

I Goggled "capacity clips" (that's what they called them) and posted several hundreds of places today, that was an API news release by Brady bunch, so it spread everywhere fast.

I wrote much on notepad, then pasted at each TV station, newspaper, whatever, but they stated engaging in semi-intelligent conversation where others quoted brady lies, so I enjoyed it.
I'm no lawyer

Return to “Off-Topic”