Teacher on guns "wanted to make them horrified"

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Teacher on guns "wanted to make them horrified"

Post by RPB »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pamela-kr ... 10699.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What these 13-year-olds ...
They were fascinated to hear that people their grandparents' age tackled the man, and swiped the bullets from his hand, but they just weren't horrified that he had the gun. I wanted to make them horrified that he had the gun.
Read the article here http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pamela-kr ... 10699.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great, Teachers are horrifying our kids.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

fickman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Schools Educating about gunns

Post by fickman »

Another reason for us to continue looking into homeschooling. . . still a few years away.

She should be fired.
Native Texian

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Re: Schools Educating about gunns

Post by RPB »

fickman wrote:Another reason for us to continue looking into homeschooling. . . still a few years away.

She should be fired.
:iagree:
I'm no lawyer

dcphoto

Re: Teacher on guns "wanted to make them horrified"

Post by dcphoto »

Sounds like her students have a better grasp on reality than she does. :roll: :banghead:

Shasta

Post by Shasta »

It only took me a couple of sentences, and I was horrified, too. Horrified that 13 year olds don't understand the very basics of our legislative branch, or where our nations capital is located. Horrified that a teacher thinks that a police state is a good thing.

yep, horrified.

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

What if, I asked, no one had guns, except for policemen and soldiers. They looked at me as if I were a loon.
Which, she undoubtedly is.
"Why wouldn't you just let him have the TV?" I persisted. "It's just a TV. It's a machine."
Because their parents worked hard to get that TV. It's not just a TV, it is a reward to themselves for doing the right thing, working, being law-abiding citizens, and not taking any shortcuts (i.e. government handouts). (I'm giving the parents the benefit of the doubt). Also, it is not the thief's TV. He didn't work for it. He didn't decide he had enough to spend on something he and his family would enjoy. He is a recidivistic scumbag. He is trespassing, which is against the law, and taking something that is not his, which is also not just against American Law, but also one of the "Big 10". (Thou Shall Not STEAL).

This woman has no idea about reality. And I bet she is the first one who would scream bloody murder if someone came in to steal something of hers. Of course, she might say "just take it", at which point she might be beaten, raped, or killed. (Or all 3).

if you can't tell, people like this make my blood boil. :mad5 :mad5
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Texas Dan Mosby

Post by Texas Dan Mosby »

What an EXCELLENT article!

Reactionary, emotion driven, and completely devoid of any semblance of logic. I'm sure she was commended by her peers.

My youngins' would NOT be attending any of her classes.
88 day wait for the state to approve my constitutional right to bear arms...

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasGal »

Folks, this is why some people want to be in education. It's not to teach our children how to read and write. It's to mold their opinions to agree with their own agendas. Just like Hitler, they know getting to the young is how you change the world to your way of thinking.
Always read your child's textbooks and homework. Ask what things were discussed in class that were not in the book. I'd have had words with this teacher. Very civil words to be sure, but my child would have been withdrawn from her class in a nanosecond. Homeschooling is where YOU get to mold your child's opinions. Home schooled kids overwhelmingly are better adjusted, better educated, and more able to think for themselves. This teacher rejected the responses of the kids who were thinking independently. That is not her job. :banghead:
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

There are so many things she could be teaching those kids. Actually giving them an education. Instead, she wants to play the president's speech for them.
Charlie

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

TxRVer wrote:There are so many things she could be teaching those kids. Actually giving them an education. Instead, she wants to play the president's speech for them.
Exactly, and when I see the news about "cutbacks in education" every night on the news lately, I think ... good, I hope they cut some of THOSE "here's the values I want you to learn" lessons out and start teaching literacy, and math.
I'm no lawyer

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I left my comment. We'll see if it passes moderator inspection.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I have the utmost respect for TEACHERS. I have 2 daughters that are teachers.

But what I do not respect is someone using their position for their own agenda. It doesnt matter if its education, politics or any other area of authority. If caught doing so they should at least be fired.
TexasGal wrote:Folks, this is why some people want to be in education. It's not to teach our children how to read and write. It's to mold their opinions to agree with their own agendas. Just like Hitler, they know getting to the young is how you change the world to your way of thinking.
Always read your child's textbooks and homework. Ask what things were discussed in class that were not in the book. I'd have had words with this teacher. Very civil words to be sure, but my child would have been withdrawn from her class in a nanosecond. Homeschooling is where YOU get to mold your child's opinions. Home schooled kids overwhelmingly are better adjusted, better educated, and more able to think for themselves. This teacher rejected the responses of the kids who were thinking independently. That is not her job. :banghead:
:iagree:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I am glad I did not have a teacher like her, that I know of, when I was in school. I would have asked to be moved to another class or she would have asked that I be moved. She would not have been able to convince me of her naive and ignorant ways.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

C-dub wrote:I am glad I did not have a teacher like her, that I know of, when I was in school. I would have asked to be moved to another class or she would have asked that I be moved. She would not have been able to convince me of her naive and ignorant ways.
With all due respect, that is the point. As children, we were expected to be quite, respect and not question our teachers. IOW, the kids "don't know no difference".

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

Some of those kids showed very solid common sense. It's a shame this teacher is on a jihad to browbeat that out of them.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

Return to “Off-Topic”