TRUST, First draft

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

TRUST, First draft

Post by RPB »

(Just kidding)

If "TRANSFER" is to become illegal, I started preparing:

Trust

Beneficiary(ies):
Budah, Jesus, Mohammad
(Whomever shows up first)
If any two of the three Beneficiaries sign an an agreement that the corpus of the Trust is no longer required, then the Corpus shall be transferred to the State.

Trustee:
Church
Any member of the group named as Trustee, shall have the authority to control, use, distribute or loan the corpus, or any portion thereof, to any other member of said group.

Subsequent Trustees:
The trustee, if unable or unwilling to fulfill the duties of trustee, shall designate such subsequent or contingent trustees as it deems necessary.

Corpus:
The Corpus of the Trust consists of 20 gazillion magazines with a capacity of a bazillion each.

Self-Termination
This trust shall self-terminate and the Corpus be donated to any available blacksmiths, to transform into plows, and recycle the plastics into plastic dinnerware for airplane meals, in the event that the Trustee disappears completely from the face of the Earth.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TRUST, First draft

Post by RoyGBiv »

You're leaving your mags and ammo to the Church, unless Jesus waives the inheritance, at which point the items will go to the State?

:headscratch
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

It's not an "inheritance" since that would be a "transfer"

Essentially the 3 beneficiaries "own" the corpus/property as of the date the Trust would be created.
(The trust would need to be created prior to the date any law passed forbidding "transfer" of the corpus)
A majority of 2 out of the 3 beneficiary "owners" would have to vote to give it to the State.
(I don't see that happening, I doubt that any 2 out of Jesus, Mohammed and Buda will agree.)

The church, and any member thereof, just administers, takes care of, is empowered to use and allow usage of, the property.

When there is no more "church" (even small meetings in caves, as it occurred in Rome and other places, I'm not referring to buildings or organizations) .... who cares what happens to them? ;-)

Technically, the donation to the blacksmiths would also be a "transfer" but if no member of the church is on Earth .... who they gonna arrest? I mean if NO member of the church was here, even if Jesus is here, I suppose they already arrested Him once, how'd that work out for them? Perhaps Budah or Mohammad might do some time, but they'd have to come back first, :roll: but I wouldn't be here to see it, so ... :nopity
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Trusts are sometimes used for items one can't "transfer ownership" of an item, like machine guns etc, you can't leave them in a Will etc.

It's sort of like a corporation owns property, long after Mr. Sears died. Someone "manages" it.

I'm not a lawyer, I'm just having fun, but about 36 years ago, I drafted a real trust, took it to a lawyer, who read it and said "looks good, whaddaya want me to do with it?" I said .... review it, edit it if needed, and type it
He called his secretary and had her type it.

That one was just to get property out of my name temporarily, and self-terminated after a certain number of years, and the corpus reverted to me afterward. An ex-girlfriend was Trustee, with authority to do almost nothing, for almost no compensation. I think I gave her a dollar and a kiss for 4 years of holding onto a piece of paper and filing it n the Property Records at the Courthouse..(No it wasn't to defraud anyone, it was just a convenience and "in case anything happened to me" issue where the corpus could pass to relatives, who weren't capable of preserving it until they matured more while avoiding going through a Probate Court)

And several years back, My dad set up a "Qualified Trust" for himself, until he passed away. Two Estate Planning attorneys set that up, avoided Probate for certain reasons.

I'm not a lawyer, but Trusts can be fun, I'm just having fun on this thread.
I'm no lawyer

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

I'm just trying to follow along..

Carry on... :tiphat:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

You did have a valid point though.

"If any two of the three Beneficiaries sign an an agreement that the corpus of the Trust is no longer required, then the Corpus shall be transferred to the State.

If they all three came back at the same time and Buda and Mohamed wanted to, they could give them all to the State.
Jesus would be outnumbered 2 to 1, however, I think He can handle it. Maybe He hasn't been in as many movies as Chuck Norris, but I suspects He knows more moves.

So this way works.

Originally I was thinking of

Beneficiary(ies)
Rocky Balboa, Chuck Norris, John Rambo

But I'd hate to see Rambo fighting with Rocky, :lol: and if both Rocky and Rambo ganged up against a Texas Ranger, well ... :txflag:
I'm no lawyer

juggernaut
Posts in topic: 1

Post by juggernaut »

RPB wrote:Trusts are sometimes used for items one can't "transfer ownership" of an item, like machine guns etc, you can't leave them in a Will etc.
Yes we can. IIRC it's even a tax-free transfer.

IANAnfaL

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

juggernaut wrote:
RPB wrote:Trusts are sometimes used for items one can't "transfer ownership" of an item, like machine guns etc, you can't leave them in a Will etc.
Yes we can. IIRC it's even a tax-free transfer.

IANAnfaL
Well ok, machine guns was a bad example, but under HR 308, magazines ...

SEC. 2. PROHIBITION ON TRANSFER OR POSSESSION OF LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES.

here's a PDF of it http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112h ... r308ih.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's XML http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc112/h308_ih.xml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Printer friendly http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/C?c ... c1123CVu0C" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Additional Sponsors
H.R. 308 : Mr. Gutierrez, Mr. Sires, Mr. Carson of Indiana, Mr. Rangel, Mr. Markey, and Mr. Filner.
H.R. 308 : Mr. Berman, Ms. Zoe Lofgren of California, Mr. Al Green of Texas, Ms. Schakowsky, Mr. Deutch, and Mr. Jackson of Illinois.
H.R. 308 : Mr. Rothman of New Jersey, Mr. McDermott, Mr. Doyle, and Mr. Sarbanes
(30) The term `large capacity ammunition feeding device'--

`(A) means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition; but

`(B) does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.'.

(b) Prohibitions- Section 922 of such title is amended by inserting after subsection (u) the following:

`(v)(1)(A)(i) Except as provided in clause (ii), it shall be unlawful for a person to transfer or possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

`(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed within the United States on or before the date of the enactment of this subsection.

`(B) It shall be unlawful for any person to import or bring into the United States a large capacity ammunition feeding device.
Last edited by RPB on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Really, I just need to invest in magazines now, .... for guns I want later. :mrgreen:
Like that 30 round drum for the SAIGA Semi-Auto Shotgun

That ban, basically puts Calico out of business. They only make 50 and 100 round pistols and carbines/rifles as far as I know. They've already had to move their factory 3 times to different States, due to ever-changing State laws. I guess their 9mm and .40 will be gone and they'll just make 100 round and 50 round .22 pistols and carbines

http://www.calicolightweaponsystems.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"the option of using a 50 or 100 round drum magazine"
There's a white "box" where there was a video last week.
More emphasis on
If you liked plinking with a semi-auto .22 when you were a kid, then you'll love taking one of our M-100 series .22s on your next camping trip or weekend at the range! TIN CANS BEWARE
Last edited by RPB on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

cbr600

Post by cbr600 »

deleted
Last edited by cbr600 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

cbr600 wrote:What are you trying to accomplish? If the trust owns them, it looks like the law (if it passes) would prohibit you from possessing them.

Some people may say the proposed law is clearly unconstitutional, and I agree it is, but so are the Gun Control Act of 1968 and the National Firearms Act of 1934. From a practical standpoint, the law is whatever The People allow them to enforce.

No, the trustee would possess them, The trustee is the church, I'm a member/part of, the Trustee.

Actually, it may not affect pre-ban mags right now, but I'd expect legislation later prohibiting transfer of pre-ban mags if this passed too. That's what I'm looking at. New mags under another bill will have serial numbers, and only be issued to police, and retired police officers.

But yeah, prohibition of possession = confiscation, which is their eventual goal.

By that time, I'll have forgotten which member of the Trustee has what, there's one or two Baptists in Texas, then they'll need to question all the Methodists, then the Pentecostals, then all the members of the Church of Christ, then the ...... maybe someone will remember where they are, they'll probably be scattered all around, i dunno.
Any member of the group named as Trustee, shall have the authority to control, use, distribute or loan the corpus, or any portion thereof, to any other member of said group. :mrgreen:
They may have to wait and ask Jesus where they all are when He comes back, He'll know.
I'm no lawyer

Return to “Off-Topic”