i have a private investigaror in front of my house helpmeout

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: i have a private investigaror in front of my house helpm

Post by puma guy »

Perhaps if the PI hadn't been so dismissive to the OP in the first place he could have avoided some of the hassle he's now experiencing.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

rmr1923
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rmr1923 »

i8godzilla wrote:He cannot park there 24/7. Next time he moves park your car there.

Yes, I know he is just trying to make a living. But you are not required to make it easy on him. Go out with your camera and take lots of pictures of him. Insure you get his license plate in the pictures--this tends to upset some people though I do not know why. There is not an expectation of privacy in a public place. Print up a lot a copies and hand them out to your neighbors--even give him a copy. You can also create a web page with the pictures and true comments about his activities across from you house. Put the web address on the flier. Set up a live web cam and publish the feed address. Let him know how it feels to be 'spied on'. Because his 'cover' has been blown, my guess is that he is being paid to try and intimidate someone--maybe you.

Or, do what I would do, just ignore him.
how long do the batteries last on one of those remote-controlled helicopters? and how easy would it be to attach a wireless web-cam to it? :headscratch

A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Post by A-R »

DoubleJ wrote:
gigag04 wrote:A P.I. /= the boogey man

Does he have a mustach and drive a Ferrari by chance?
OH NO ...

What if it is Magnum PI and what if the derelict in your neighborhood whom he's keeping an eye on is .....

:eek6 :eek6 :eek6 :eek6 :eek6 :eek6 :eek6 :eek6

:leaving

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

Didn't you hear? Magnum has a new job.

I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 4

Post by i8godzilla »

Ameer wrote:Didn't you hear? Magnum has a new job.

WOW! Looks like New Kids On The Block got back together. This time with a girl in the band..........
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Mr.ViperBoa

Post by Mr.ViperBoa »

You said you were glock 27's wife and you have a " friend " who comes over and brings " his" 2 y/o over.. Maybe your friend has someone watching him. :confused5 I dont know, the circumstances just making an assessment from what you said.
Christian/Family man
Veteran
CHL Instructor
http://www.texaschlsolutions.com/

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

glock27 wrote:This is Glock27's Wife and i have a problem with it because.....

My Brother and Sister are only 10 and 11 years old..... They are living with me right now.... i am responseable for them and i do not feel one bit comfortable with a man i dont know sitting out side in a truck spying or what ever he is doing while my Brother and Sister are playing out side.... I know they are not my children but they are my world and responseabilty and i feel like i have to sit outside while they play because of this PI.... I live in a nice neighborhood and i should not feel like i have to be threatned and scared to let my Brother and Sister play outside....
I myself find it curious that you would react so strongly to a lawfully licensed PI (assuming you are not the subject of his investigation.) Posting signs in the yard?

I am 56 and I am going to share with you words which I wrote to a 52 year old gentleman with another issue; I feel they may apply just as well to you:

Other people on the planet are going to do and say things that I do not like. I cannot control that, but I can allow my intellect to govern my emotions rather than the reverse. I think it is best to remember that to whatever extent that you injure someone, you also injure your own inner self.

You can disregard these words, but in real life you will not be able to disregard this truth. Be good to others; it will be good for you, and by forgiving others, you forgive yourself.

You need to control yourself, not give it over to others manipulations. You choose how to react. Try to do so with graciousness and grace.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

I'd go bring him a beer and some dinner if it were me. Something about catching more flies with honey.

If he is cussing you out, you can go to your local muni/jp court and swear out a complaint to the prosecutor for DOC - language.

PIs are licensed by DPS and enjoy less restrictive carry than CHL holders (bars for one). They go through similar bg checks than CHLs do. If I am parked running traffic by a day care am I perv? I don't think the kids is why the guy is there...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

jmra
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jmra »

So the PI has been there for 2 - 3 years and there are kids playing all over the neighborhood. During those years how many kids in the neighborhood have been abducted? How many have been molested?

You say you live in a great neighborhood. I can't imagine any decent neighborhood that would allow anyone to put a painted plywood sign leaned up against a ladder in their front yard.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this PI is one of the good guys because if he was anything else after all the stuff you've pulled you would have already been out tire shopping or have visited the ER to have your busted nose reset.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jmra
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jmra »

If you really think the guy is up to no good, call one those investigative news action reporter types and get them to do a story on him. Bet they figure out who or what he is investigating.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Mr.ViperBoa

Post by Mr.ViperBoa »

:iagree:
Christian/Family man
Veteran
CHL Instructor
http://www.texaschlsolutions.com/

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

glock27 wrote:he has been around for probably 2-3 years off and on, and now that the kids are around is when i began to have an issue with it. ALL of my neighbors are aware that he is a PI and someone always calls the cops on him for sitting outside all day. he comes and goes off and on. ALL of my neighbors have approached him and asked him to leave. i live in a good neighborhood and all the neighbors are friends. there are TONS of kids who play out in the street during the day on the block. i havent gotten a chance to even put the sign i made up becauseas soon as i raise my garage and start to put the sign in my yard with the arrow he rolls down his window shares his feelings with me and takes off.

someone mentioned that i could be at risk for losing my chl? i dont understand how if he is legal to park in the street why cant i put a sign in my yard to run him off? i have no intentions on threatening the guy i just want him gone. IMHO any grown man who wants to sit on a block all day filled with kids is a perv.

he wont tell me or the cops anything about who or what he is investigating. but where he parks everyone knows what he is so he is pretty much "outted".

i have tons of pictures of his truck and plates
Sorry, but you sound so young in your reasoning.

I have police that park beside my yard all the time to watch traffic. I don't feel threatened that they may see me do something. I don't feel the unmarked police car parked on the street is a threat to children playing in the street. Posting on the forum suggesting that a licensed PI, who the police have spoken with on your behest, may be a child molester is not flattering to your position. Really I want to see some fathomable reason, but what you have so far given does not get there.

Did you check with your home-owners association about posting a sign in your yard? Someone could taker pictures of that and cause you grief if they are not allowed.

What I am saying, and you are not hearing, is that sometimes when you escalate things and take on a cause, the law of unforeseen circumstances arises to bite you.

Peace, or at least I hope so.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I can see your annoyance with someone always parked across the street sitting in their car, especially if you live in a suburban environment. That's one of the reasons you live in the suburbs.

I had some one parked in front of my house for two years 24/7/365, they were security for the person living across the street. I of course looked at this quite differently than you. I looked at it that I had private security for those two years and found it reassuring that I definitely would not be robbed, while I was out. I brought the guards refreshments on Christmas eve and Christmas morning, they appreciated the thought.

You may wish to try and turn lemons into lemonade, and think of it as private security rather than a potential pervert. BTW My children never played in the front yard alone, only in the back. If they played in the front, it was always with supervision.

However that said, Private Investigators are very expensive. I am surprised that someone can afford to keep this guy across the street from you this long. One would assume that the person being watched knows of this guy being there, so I don't see what is the point. My friends who have hired PI's to track down the exploits of their cheating spouses, have always done this without the others knowledge. Not much point if the person knows the're being watched.

So this is puzzling. I like the TV idea.

Has anyone figured out who has hired him and who he is watching and why. Sounds like very interesting gossip you need to share with us.

apostate

Post by apostate »

Cue the Rockwell soundtrack. ;-)

Return to “Off-Topic”