What Else Do You Collect?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
doc540
Posts in topic: 1

What Else Do You Collect?

Post by doc540 »

apart from guns what else do you collect?

Lifelong race fan here, collecting diecasts

Foyt's four Indy winners

Jim Clark's Lotus 49

couple of Foyt sprinters
http://www.train2shoot.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Instructor
"Shooting more, typing less"

Pawpaw

Re: What Else Do You Collect?

Post by Pawpaw »

Do aches & pains count? :lol::
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

USA1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by USA1 »

I have a deep appreciation for high end watches.
Some of my most treasured are some hand crafted, very limited editions.

Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

terryg

Post by terryg »

USA1 wrote:I have a deep appreciation for high end watches.
OMG!!! :shock: I had no idea - I bet those are worth some $$$. Where do you live again? :evil2:
... this space intentionally left blank ...

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

terryg wrote:
OMG!!! :shock: I had no idea - I bet those are worth some $$$. Where do you live again? :evil2:
Remember... he also collects GUNS!.....
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

USA1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by USA1 »

longhorn_92 wrote:
terryg wrote:
:smilelol5:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

longhorn_92 wrote:
terryg wrote:
And skulls from what I hear. :mrgreen:
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

pcernuch

Post by pcernuch »

the obvious, parts for a convertable mustang thats rarely driven, speeding tickets, lowrider bicycles, and starting this past week....... r/c cars. with what i spent on the r/c truck, i could have bought another handgun! theres a place called Mike's Hobby Shop in carrollton where i live. it has indoor and outdoor tracks to run these things on. i am thinking i should have shot a little higher on my midlife crisis purchase. maybe a new mustang or something!

god bless.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Motorcycles. 4 so far
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

I’m with you guys. First MC’s. I have a 41 Knuckle, 56 Pan and 70 Shovel. I don’t collect watches, but my every day wear is one I bought in SE Asia in 1967. Not a collectable but evidently mighty tough.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

Morgan silver dollars, 1878-1904. I will pick up a 1921 in spectacular condition on occassion.

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

I collect U.S. Space Memorabilia. Mainly Postal Covers. A postal cover is an envelope usually with the mission patch printed on the front left side and postmarked on the day of launch. I have all of the manned missions since Apollo 7. This includes Apollo, Apollo-Soyuz, Skylab, and the Shuttle, plus numerous unmanned satellite launches. My father left me some from Mercury and Gemini, however, they are framed and still hanging at Mom's house. I also have VIP launch viewing passes, Dad's old access badges, complete newspapers, mission patches--both vinyl and cloth, actual work orders for mission related maintenance, and lots of photographs. Enough to fill a five-drawer fireproof file cabinet. One day when I get the man-cave built, I hope to put on 'display'.

Here is an example of an Apollo 11 Cover (not mine)
http://images.stampwants.com/4oagh.img" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

7075-T7

Post by 7075-T7 »

pcernuch wrote:the obvious, parts for a convertable mustang thats rarely driven, speeding tickets, lowrider bicycles, and starting this past week....... r/c cars. with what i spent on the r/c truck, i could have bought another handgun! theres a place called Mike's Hobby Shop in carrollton where i live. it has indoor and outdoor tracks to run these things on. i am thinking i should have shot a little higher on my midlife crisis purchase. maybe a new mustang or something!

god bless.

I too know the monetary sting of R/C vehicles. The uninitiated think theat they're the cheap ones from wally world. When asked how much I have into mine I say

"about 7-8 hundred"
"... :shock: "

and the, "can I drive it?" I was foolish enough to let someone do it once, but I've learned my lesson.

texanron

Post by texanron »

Beer Bottles. I enjoy trying different types of beers from a variety of different breweries. In order to keep track of those I had tried I would keep the bottle. It took off from there.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Model sailboats. Here is the ODOM Class (One Design, One Meter).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qmDqALPdUA

This is a race among these boats. Each is made of fiberglass, controlled by a radio frequency transmitter similar to the model airplanes and entirely driven by the wind. The boat has a rudder servo and a sail winch servo which can be used to bring the sails in or let the sails out as you see happening in the video. That is all the control that you get. The hull is just over 36 inches long and the mast is just under 5 feet tall. A kit is $475 minus sails, transmitter and servos. . A fully built boat is about $1,600 (which is why most of us build our own). All the parts come to just under half the cost of the fully built version.

I own 3 ODOMs, one built that I built in mid-2003 and two kits (bare hull, deck and mast that have to be put together.)

I also own a Star 45 and finished 3rd in the National Regatta for that class in 2009

I bought a Victoria class a couple of years ago. It is by far the most popular among the models because it is less expensive (under $200) but racing them is not for the faint of heart. They don't do well in a strong breeze and are very hard to control when tricked out for racing.

BTW, almost all of the stuff that holds the mast in place and controls the sails is fishing line of one type or another.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “Off-Topic”