The Annoyed Webdesigner

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Barbi Q
Posts in topic: 1

The Annoyed Webdesigner

Post by Barbi Q »

http://mashable.com/2011/02/04/winona-chiropractic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The cattier corners of the web have been tittering over a certain chiropractor’s website gone awry, courtesy of a disgruntled and allegedly unpaid web designer.

The designer in question, whose identity is currently (and fortunately for said designer) unknown, created a website for a chiropractic firm, Winona Chiropractic Center, and also provided hosting services the site. When the firm allegedly “failed to pay any of their total web design bill, despite repeated attempts by their web design agency to collect,” the designer, who claimed to have “a childish sense of humor,” hijacked the site as his or her own personal billboard of bitterness.
Hijacked? More like repo'ed. Try not paying your car lease and see what happens.
If anyone is raped, beaten or murdered on a college campus from this day forward
The senators who blocked SB 354 from being considered on 4/7/11 and
The members of the house calendar committee who haven't scheduled HB 750
Have the victims' blood on their hands.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: The Annoyed Webdesigner

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Barbi Q wrote:http://mashable.com/2011/02/04/winona-chiropractic/
The cattier corners of the web have been tittering over a certain chiropractor’s website gone awry, courtesy of a disgruntled and allegedly unpaid web designer.

The designer in question, whose identity is currently (and fortunately for said designer) unknown, created a website for a chiropractic firm, Winona Chiropractic Center, and also provided hosting services the site. When the firm allegedly “failed to pay any of their total web design bill, despite repeated attempts by their web design agency to collect,” the designer, who claimed to have “a childish sense of humor,” hijacked the site as his or her own personal billboard of bitterness.
Hijacked? More like repo'ed. Try not paying your car lease and see what happens.
I am a website designer who offers web hosting to his clients. Fortunately for me, none of my clients are deadbeats, and all of my hosting clients pay me through an automatic monthly charge to a credit card. But, the ability to "evict" a website owner and "change the locks" is the final recourse I have to getting paid for services already rendered when all other attempts to collect on a legitimate debt fail. I wouldn't hijack the website and change the content, but I most certainly would take it offline if the client were that far in arrears. And if I went unpaid long enough, I would "repo" the site by downloading all the files and making a backup of the database, then deleting all the files from the server and dumping the database. I would then be willing to burn all of that to a CD and mail it to them upon receipt of the past due. It's nothing personal, just business.

There is a poll at the bottom of the article. The results currently show:
Have you ever been stiffed by a client?

Thank you for voting!
Yes, for at least part of a bill. 35.7% (1,669 votes)

Yes, for the entire amount due. 39.96% (1,868 votes)

No, but clients have paid late. 16.58% (775 votes)

No, my clients have always paid. 7.76% (363 votes)

Total Votes: 4,675
I am vote# 1,669 in the first group.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I should add that, while I certainly am "The Annoyed Man," I am not "The Annoyed Webdesigner" referenced in the article. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KC5AV »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I should add that, while I certainly am "The Annoyed Man," I am not "The Annoyed Webdesigner" referenced in the article. :mrgreen:
I had to check this thread to see if it was about you.
NRA lifetime member

Return to “Off-Topic”