Revolver bullets have no shell casings...????

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

GrillKing
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Revolver bullets have no shell casings...????

Post by GrillKing »

It is the one with the click. He starts while eating a hot dog and ends with the click. I'm pretty sure it is 4 shots. Need to double check.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

WildBill wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
danpaw wrote:Yep, that's right. I just looked at my Mod. 29 and sure enough, it doesn't have a single one in it.
Mine neither, but this kind of foolishness makes me want to load it up and shoot the TV or something. Unbelievable!
Let's see, did I have six shell casings or only five? "rlol"
Are you making fun of my ND back in 1996? :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
JJVP
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JJVP »

GrillKing wrote:
DFWTT wrote:I know what you're thinking....did he fire six shots or only five? But what you gotta ask yourself is do I feel lucky. Well do ya, punk?
watch the movie, he actually only fired four shots. IIRC.
I counted at least 5. But is hard to tell with all the noise going on if he did fire that 6th shot.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Dan20703
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dan20703 »

Here I thought I was going to learn about some new high tech caseless ammo and this thread turns out to be a Dirty Harry discussion and a lame homeland security piece.

BTW - my microstamp firing pin broke and I had to replace it with a clean new one. Darn! :evil2:
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

WildBill
Posts in topic: 6

Post by WildBill »

JJVP wrote:
GrillKing wrote:
DFWTT wrote:I know what you're thinking....did he fire six shots or only five? But what you gotta ask yourself is do I feel lucky. Well do ya, punk?
I counted at least 5. But is hard to tell with all the noise going on if he did fire that 6th shot.
I counted six. One was "off camera". I still like the line: "Hey. I gotsta know."
NRA Endowment Member

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dave2 »

SlickTX wrote:In all fairness, if my employer asked me to write an article on rocket surgery I would probably make a similar mistake.
Aren't rockets still a bit too big to be a useful tool in surgeries? :biggrinjester:

Ooooh... unless you're talking about some sort of nano rocket where it's really more of a blowtorch used to blast away arterial plaque or something. Hmmm... I may have to send a couple emails on that...
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Topic author
JJVP
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JJVP »

WildBill wrote:
JJVP wrote:
GrillKing wrote:
I counted six. One was "off camera". I still like the line: "Hey. I gotsta know."
Yeah, I heard the one off camera, but could not tell if it was his or one of the BGs. :fire
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

GrillKing

Post by GrillKing »

I guess my ears aren't so good anymore!!!

OldSchool

Post by OldSchool »

Dave2 wrote:
SlickTX wrote:In all fairness, if my employer asked me to write an article on rocket surgery I would probably make a similar mistake.
Aren't rockets still a bit too big to be a useful tool in surgeries? :biggrinjester:

Ooooh... unless you're talking about some sort of nano rocket where it's really more of a blowtorch used to blast away arterial plaque or something. Hmmm... I may have to send a couple emails on that...
Nah, they must be talking about surgery on rockets during ascent. I wrote a white paper about it years ago. Unfortunately, can't remember where I put it, and can't remember what I said.... :biggrinjester:
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!
NRA Life Member - TSRA - PSC
NRA Certified Basic Rifle Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer

12/23/2009: Packets delivered.
01/15/2010: Plastic in hand!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

OldSchool wrote:
Dave2 wrote:

Nah, they must be talking about surgery on rockets during ascent. I wrote a white paper about it years ago. Unfortunately, can't remember where I put it, and can't remember what I said.... :biggrinjester:
I have witnessed minor rocket surgery where excess propellant is trimmed from certain areas and voids are filled with potting compound.
NRA Endowment Member

OldSchool

Post by OldSchool »

WildBill wrote:
OldSchool wrote:
Dave2 wrote:

I have witnessed minor rocket surgery where excess propellant is trimmed from certain areas and voids are filled with potting compound.
Ahh, you must be talking about the gummy eraser stuff....
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

OldSchool wrote:
WildBill wrote:
OldSchool wrote:
Dave2 wrote:

Ahh, you must be talking about the gummy eraser stuff....
We had more technical terms, but I guess you could call it that. ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

OldSchool

Post by OldSchool »

WildBill wrote:We had more technical terms, but I guess you could call it that. ;-)
Never use a technical term when a more descriptive term will do.... :evil2:
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

OldSchool wrote:
WildBill wrote:We had more technical terms, but I guess you could call it that. ;-)
Never use a technical term when a more descriptive term will do.... :evil2:
We called it "job security". :cool:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”