I answered another question

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

I answered another question

Post by RPB »

Occasionally I get bored and answer questions ...

See johnie b answer:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 333AAFf4Ny" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Question was
Guns on college campuses?
What is the federal punishment for carrying a gun on college campuses? I'm writing a paper on gun control and am trying to explain competing policies between the federal and state laws.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Re: I answered another question

Post by RPB »

Another one:
poor guy.... no one has an answer for him "rlol"
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 050AA1HIQ8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
need arguments against carrying guns for a paper?
I am writing a research paper for my ethics & justice policy class on concealed carry, specifically concealed carry on campus, and I need arguments against concealed carry. I have a license and believe firmly in the right to carry, however this paper is not an Op-Ed piece,

This is the one time that I will actually accept emotional and unfounded answers to the issue so please have at it.
For those who are tempted to write about the 2nd amendment being sacrosanct, I agree, and I've got the intelligence to form and express those ideas, but I can't think of any real reason not to allow it, and thus I require help.
I'm no lawyer

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jasonw560 »

Wow...looks like Johnie B and Johnny Woodhead are both "violence prevention activists", according to his twitter bio.

http://www.twitter.com/mohawkjohn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Coincidence?
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Jasonw560 wrote:Wow...looks like Johnie B and Johnny Woodhead are both "violence prevention activists", according to his twitter bio.

http://www.twitter.com/mohawkjohn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Coincidence?
"rlol" Good attention to detail :thumbs2:

I saw that on his twitter ... figured I can make the same claim ...
BUT ... I've been trained in DE-Escalation in my Texas CHL course where he bought an online Handgun license from Virginia ....
Once, in the 1970s, I displayed a shotgun which de-escalated a potentially violent situation very very quickly.
Because I have actually prevented violence, while he tries to create zones which potentially, and actually do, attract violence. Therefore, I have experience in the field, he fantasizes a lot....

So I figure I'm more qualified to use the "title" than he is :mrgreen:

I respect, collect and enjoy firearms; it seems that he fears them. :tiphat:
I'm no lawyer

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jasonw560 »

:iagree: he is mistaking this hoplophobia for concern.

I wonder if any if any of the woodheads will catch on.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sugar land dave »

I think I prefer the title "Violence Prevention Consultant." I could use the acronym VPC. Of course some people might mistake that for "very politically correct." :biggrinjester:
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...I guess I could tell 'em "I'm in Conflict Resolution"...not having much college or my own parking spot, you know...

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

need arguments against carrying guns for a paper?
I am writing a research paper for my ethics & justice policy class on concealed carry, specifically concealed carry on campus, and I need arguments against concealed carry. I have a license and believe firmly in the right to carry, however this paper is not an Op-Ed piece,

This is the one time that I will actually accept emotional and unfounded answers to the issue so please have at it.
For those who are tempted to write about the 2nd amendment being sacrosanct, I agree, and I've got the intelligence to form and express those ideas, but I can't think of any real reason not to allow it, and thus I require help.
Well, there's your answer.
NRA lifetime member

Return to “Off-Topic”