Apartment Hunting: Richardson/Plano

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rexinthecity
Posts in topic: 4

Apartment Hunting: Richardson/Plano

Post by rexinthecity »

So my current lease is up in early July and my roommate is moving off since she just graduated. The 1 bedrooms at my current property are running about $850 + utilities which doesn't fit my budget too comfortably.

My criteria:
Rent < $725 (preferably ~$600).
The closer to UT Dallas the better.
Safe area.

I spent some time yesterday looking up different places online:
Madison On Melrose
Sonterra at Buckingham
St. Andrews Luxury Apartments
Post Eastside
Post Addison Circle
Prestonwood Hills
AMLI on Frankford
Preston Villas
4343 At The Parkway

I'm looking for suggestions on other properties to look at as well as comments on the above locations.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Apartment Hunting: Richardson/Plano

Post by Dave2 »

Have you considered the on-campus housing? I know they're kinda shoddy (I used to live there), but when I went to UTD, Waterview was cheaper than everything else in the area and way more convenient. There was a sorta care-free vibe that went along with them that I liked, too.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Topic author
rexinthecity

Post by rexinthecity »

Dave2 wrote:Have you considered the on-campus housing? I know they're kinda shoddy (I used to live there), but when I went to UTD, Waterview was cheaper than everything else in the area and way more convenient. There was a sorta care-free vibe that went along with them that I liked, too.
On-campus housing has a mile long waiting list plus I'd have to find some place for my guns.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dave2 »

rexinthecity wrote:
Dave2 wrote:Have you considered the on-campus housing? I know they're kinda shoddy (I used to live there), but when I went to UTD, Waterview was cheaper than everything else in the area and way more convenient. There was a sorta care-free vibe that went along with them that I liked, too.
On-campus housing has a mile long waiting list plus I'd have to find some place for my guns.
I can't help with the waiting list, but I recall the apartments being owned by a private company rather than the university. Are you sure you can't keep your guns there?

Maybe you could sue them for the right to keep legal guns in your home, and by the time it went through the court system you'd be at the front of the line. Two birds, one stone! :biggrinjester:
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Topic author
rexinthecity

Post by rexinthecity »

Dave2 wrote:
rexinthecity wrote:
I can't help with the waiting list, but I recall the apartments being owned by a private company rather than the university. Are you sure you can't keep your guns there?

Maybe you could sue them for the right to keep legal guns in your home, and by the time it went through the court system you'd be at the front of the line. Two birds, one stone! :biggrinjester:
Some are owned by a private company, most are owned by the school but operated by a third party. I've already asked a lawyer about it and he couldn't guarantee that it would be legal since technically they are on school property either way. Based on comments by the Police Chief, made at the CHL forum that was held on campus, the apartments are a gun-free zone.

Medic218
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Medic218 »

It's at 121 and Custer but I used to live at the Ranch at Ridgeview before I bought my house. Nice enough place. Maint guys were nice and spoke English and it was fairly reasonable.
The neighborhood was all 250k+ homes with a golf course.
It was very quiet and I always felt safe.
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- M218

Topic author
rexinthecity

Post by rexinthecity »

MedicMan218 wrote:It's at 121 and Custer but I used to live at the Ranch at Ridgeview before I bought my house. Nice enough place. Maint guys were nice and spoke English and it was fairly reasonable.
The neighborhood was all 250k+ homes with a golf course.
It was very quiet and I always felt safe.
Thanks, I'll add it to my list of places to visit this weekend.

Return to “Off-Topic”