Have a safe 4th of July weekend 2011

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Have a safe 4th of July weekend 2011

Post by seamusTX »

The fourth of July is Monday this year. That gives some of us a three-day holiday weekend.

This is a state-wide no-refusal weekend starting right about now. That means police will get a warrant for anyone suspected of DWI who refuses a breathalyzer test. Judges are on call at all times.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/No-Ref ... 21834.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The same policy is in effect in Louisiana—maybe in other states. Also probably it will be applied to boating while intoxicated, thought the news articles don't mention that.

Most of the state also has fireworks bans due to the drought and conditions conducive to wildfires.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

USA1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Have a safe 4th of July weekend 2011

Post by USA1 »

Thanks Jim. Happy fourth to you. :tiphat:

I'll be playing it safe this year by not being on the roads with all the drunks. Too bad about the fireworks though (banned in my area) , but better safe than sorry.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

I'm going shooting with some buddies for ID. I always thought that was more fun than fireworks and a better way to remember why we're independent from England.

:patriot:
When in doubt
Vote them out!

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

I'm staying at home. I have no desire to dance with this weekend's traffic.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seamusTX »

The number of verified injuries or deaths from idiots shooting into the air on holidays has fallen to near zero. (It never was as high as urban legend made it out to be.)

Unfortunately, a young girl was fatally shot in Independence, Missouri, on the night of July 4. Today police arrested and charged a man with involuntary manslaughter and armed criminal action for firing his .900 mm [sic] Glock handgun in the air on July 4.

http://www.examiner.net/newsnow/x118609 ... r-old-girl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim

The Mad Moderate

Post by The Mad Moderate »

seamusTX wrote:The number of verified injuries or deaths from idiots shooting into the air on holidays has fallen to near zero. (It never was as high as urban legend made it out to be.)

Unfortunately, a young girl was fatally shot in Independence, Missouri, on the night of July 4. Today police arrested and charged a man with involuntary manslaughter and armed criminal action for firing his .900 mm [sic] Glock handgun in the air on July 4.

http://www.examiner.net/newsnow/x118609 ... r-old-girl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim
What is a .900 mm Glock :headscratch
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

loadedliberal wrote:
seamusTX wrote:The number of verified injuries or deaths from idiots shooting into the air on holidays has fallen to near zero. (It never was as high as urban legend made it out to be.)

- Jim
What is a .900 mm Glock :headscratch
Have you never met the Glockers? :smilelol5:

apostate

Post by apostate »

loadedliberal wrote:What is a .900 mm Glock :headscratch
Gaston's answer to the FN Five-seveN :mrgreen:

Return to “Off-Topic”