Australia siezes guns, now taxes CO2

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Australia siezes guns, now taxes CO2

Post by SQLGeek »

tacticool wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:That's it, I'm starting one of those petitions to ban this substance in the state of Texas.
The local weather is way ahead of you.
I almost mentioned that perhaps there was already a petition running... :cool:
Psalm 91:2

Fangs
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Fangs »

JJVP wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:Next, they'll be taxing the pollutant Dihydrogen Monoxide!
Hey more people have died because of Dihydrogen Monoxide than any other chemical. *I* should be banned. "rlol"
How is banning you going to fix the Dihydrogen Monoxide problem? :biggrinjester:
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

JJVP
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JJVP »

Fangs wrote:
JJVP wrote:
Hey more people have died because of Dihydrogen Monoxide than any other chemical. *I* should be banned. "rlol"
How is banning you going to fix the Dihydrogen Monoxide problem? :biggrinjester:
Fixed. "It should be banned" :tiphat:
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

JJVP wrote:
Fangs wrote:
JJVP wrote:
Fixed. "It should be banned" :tiphat:
League City currently has a ban on using it. A $500 fine!
NRA Endowment Member

i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 2

Post by i8godzilla »

WildBill wrote: League City currently has a ban on using it. A $500 fine!
Multi-County Water in Hamilton and Coryell County had a main trunk line break today. You could not use it if you wanted. Out from 8:00 AM until just a few minutes ago...............
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 7

Post by philip964 »

In case you didn't notice Houston now charges you for every drop that falls from the sky and you don't collect and store
It's the first dihydrogen monoxide tax in the nation, but hey it's only 5 bucks a month.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Off topic, but how do they manage that?
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

sjfcontrol wrote:Off topic, but how do they manage that?
Comes with your dihydrogen monoxide bill every month. You are charged by the amount of paving or roof that is impervious to dihydrogen monoxide on your property.

The intelligent voters of Houston, decided it was something they wanted to pay in the last election.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SQLGeek »

philip964 wrote:
Comes with your dihydrogen monoxide bill every month. You are charged by the amount of paving or roof that is impervious to dihydrogen monoxide on your property.

The intelligent voters of Houston, decided it was something they wanted to pay in the last election.
So you're uh...punished for having a roof? Can you avoid this by having something like a rain water collection barrel being fed from your gutters?
Psalm 91:2

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

philip964 wrote:

I don't get it. Other than raising revenue, what's the point? In my yard, whatever DHM falls on the roof, is redirected to the yard by these ingenious devices called "gutters". Is this supposed to be some kind of storm-drain fee?

Is this what you're talking about? http://documents.publicworks.houstontx. ... g_form.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

sjfcontrol wrote:
philip964 wrote:

I don't get it. Other than raising revenue, what's the point? In my yard, whatever DHM falls on the roof, is redirected to the yard by these ingenious devices called "gutters". Is this supposed to be some kind of storm-drain fee?

Is this what you're talking about? http://documents.publicworks.houstontx. ... g_form.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That is the longer and more complicated contaminated and falling from the sky DHM availabilty letter request form. It generates revenue for the city and is required for all new construction or change of use in Houston. A very small business would pay about $2500 to get this, larger businesses would pay in the millions.

Here is the website that refers to the falling from the sky dihydrogen monoxide impervious cover tax, or as you called it a "drainage fee".

http://www.rebuildhouston.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The city does not call it a falling from the sky DHM impervious cover tax but calls it "rebuild Houston", which is a much easier to understand term.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

philip964 wrote: That is the longer and more complicated contaminated and falling from the sky DHM availabilty letter request form. It generates revenue for the city and is required for all new construction or change of use in Houston. A very small business would pay about $2500 to get this, larger businesses would pay in the millions.

Here is the website that refers to the falling from the sky dihydrogen monoxide impervious cover tax, or as you called it a "drainage fee".

http://www.rebuildhouston.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The city does not call it a falling from the sky DHM impervious cover tax but calls it "rebuild Houston", which is a much easier to understand term.
Sigh, glad I don't live in Houston. Such things USED to be handled by general tax revenues. My Condolences.
Never Forget. Image

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

philip964 wrote:

The intelligent? voters of Houston, decided it was something they wanted to pay in the last election.
They seem to have degraded in intelligence in the last 20 years. :coolgleamA:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

SQLGeek wrote:
philip964 wrote:

So you're uh...punished for having a roof? Can you avoid this by having something like a rain water collection barrel being fed from your gutters?
No and there is some of the irony, the bill was to raise money, not to reward any sort of mitigation efforts, or green tactics. The other odd result is that people with existing storm sewers in their front yards pay more than people with ditches. I suspect the money will be spent on the people who have ditches.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.wnd.com/2014/09/with-isis-ar ... -had-guns/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Off-Topic”