Survived that day we all dread...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Survived that day we all dread...

Post by Dave2 »

terryg wrote:
Crossfire wrote:But, that might involve SELLING a gun, and around our house, selling a gun is like selling one of the kids. Not that we wouldn't ever do it, but it would be painful.
Selling a kid is painful - and illegal in most states ... :smilelol5:
Unless you've got a FKL, or you're just collectors looking to trim it down a bit...

:biggrinjester:
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 4

Post by E.Marquez »

Rex B wrote:I'm like Bronco78 (we should talk :cheers2:) - firearms, machine tools, Mustangs and other cars.
She likes shoes, clothes, animals and new cars.
When I get home, you bet. My garge is open most days to family and friends.. And going for a ride to DFW sounds like somethiong to do on a weekend, so either wy. :patriot:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

AndyC wrote:(well - she's actually more equal than me... :mrgreen: )
Didn't realize you lived on an Animal Farm. :shock:
Psalm 91:2

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

Crossfire wrote:It could be worse.

I have no idea how many guns we own. And we are BOTH part of the problem.

Two gun-ophiles should never, never, ever get together. Unless they are going to combine their inventory and start a gun shop. But, that might involve SELLING a gun, and around our house, selling a gun is like selling one of the kids. Not that we wouldn't ever do it, but it would be painful.
The guns or the kids? :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

i8godzilla wrote:
Crossfire wrote:It could be worse.

I have no idea how many guns we own. And we are BOTH part of the problem.

Two gun-ophiles should never, never, ever get together. Unless they are going to combine their inventory and start a gun shop. :
:cheers2: You out to try it with guns AND Motorcycles... If it dont shoot, rev or look good in/on the house.... it dont get bought, and what gets bought,,,, there is pleanty of. Is there such a thing as too much??? Maybe, but we have not gotten there yet.

Crossfire you inspire me... :tiphat: Business.... a Range, with CHL and basic instruction, where you can ride your bike in and get it serviced while on the range..

All my favorites, and I don’t have to sell a bike or gun. The Kid can work for us, or be sold, I’m not real firm on that.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas

Rex B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rex B »

bronco78 wrote:
Rex B wrote:I'm like Bronco78 (we should talk :cheers2:) - firearms, machine tools, Mustangs and other cars.
She likes shoes, clothes, animals and new cars.
When I get home, you bet. My garage is open most days to family and friends.. And going for a ride to DFW sounds like somethiong to do on a weekend, so either wy. :patriot:
It's a date. Beverage on me
Thank you for your service. Be safe!
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

TDDude

Post by TDDude »

RiverCity.45 wrote:..."You have X number of guns, and I still don't have the kitchen floor I want?
Are you done buying guns yet?" :cool:
See which ones have appreciated in value since you purchased them, let them go and get the floor with the money.

It will probably pay you back 10 fold.
Ray F.
Luke 22:35-38 "Gear up boys, I gotta go and it's gonna get rough." JC
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

terryg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by terryg »

AndyC wrote:well - she's actually more equal than me... :mrgreen:
Bwahahahahaha!!!! "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Mine too - ain't that the truth!!!!
... this space intentionally left blank ...

karder

Post by karder »

I have always found that it is easier to get forgiveness than permission...except when it comes to my wife! With her, it is better to go the permission route. I just make deals. I wait for her to want to make a big purchase and negotiate a gun on my end. No surprises and everyone is happy. :thumbs2:
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

terryg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by terryg »

karder wrote:I have always found that it is easier to get forgiveness than permission...except when it comes to my wife! With her, it is better to go the permission route. I just make deals. I wait for her to want to make a big purchase and negotiate a gun on my end. No surprises and everyone is happy. :thumbs2:
Bingo - nothing works better than shared guilt!!
... this space intentionally left blank ...

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

AndyC wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:
AndyC wrote:(well - she's actually more equal than me... :mrgreen: )
Didn't realize you lived on an Animal Farm. :shock:
Are you married yet? :evil2:

Believe me, there are many times that a woman is in charge - this, in my life, is one of them :lol:
I am, just over four years now and I know what you mean quite well. :grumble

I bought the Glock with her blessing, she was even there and told me to get it when I said maybe I should wait a little longer. :cool:
Psalm 91:2

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

:hurry: Boasting about ones wife is likely considered prideful and some other sin or socially ignorant thing, but since you all brought it up..

Every deployment we do a “Deployment gun” So every 1.5-2 years I get a new gun “Automatically” :evil2: Last year’s deployment (2009-2010) My Boss, LTC Tim Karcher, was horribly wounded in an IED strike.. I mentioned to my wife, LTC Karcher and I had been working on the deployment gun selection just before he was hit..She suggested,,,” Well when you buy yours, buy a second one, and lets present it to him from the unit” fast forward to this deployment...
I was talking to my wife last week, and she asked" Hey, have you guys picked a deployment gun yet? What is it? Can I do anything from home to help?" (She helped with the buy from Springfield last year)

This is my wife, my life, and I love it, can’t imagine having to hide or beg forgiveness later. That is not meant in a derogatory way to anyone here, who has posted or is reading a reply.. Just my personal life and way of thinking.

texasag93

Post by texasag93 »

My wife does not even look after I filled the BIG safe and took over the second closet.

She knows the combinations to the locks but does not open them. :txflag: :anamatedbanana :woohoo :patriot:
texasag93

Return to “Off-Topic”