poor aggies

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 6

Re: poor aggies

Post by Scott in Houston »

74novaman wrote:I think it'll be interesting when texas finally gets up the guts to go independent. They're showing a very poor grasp of history. Texas football wasn't always the best program in the state, much less the nation. (Even as recently as the 90s, the horns were laughably bad).

As long as they keep winning, they'll do fine as an indy school. But what do the other indys have that texas doesn't? Religious affiliations.

BYU can lose a lot, and mormons will still support them. ND can lose a lot (and it does) and it will still have the support of catholics. Who exactly does texas expect to support them when they're losing? (and it will happen again).

As to the "well there was never any threat of lawsuit"....when the president of the school announces that they're reserving the right to sue..that's a threat. Just because no lawsuit was FILED doesn't mean there weren't threats.

I think it would be hilarious to see the Big East sue the Big 12 and Baylor for pulling TCU away from them. "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
Good grief. It was the SEC that required a waiver to be signed. Why do all Aggies fail to understand that?
At that point, Aggies ask everyone in the conference to sign away their RIGHT without anything in return. Would you sign away a right without any consideration in return??
Baylor wasn't the only school to refuse to sign either...

That is NOT a threat. If I am asked to waive my 2nd Amendment right and then refuse, am I threatening to shoot???

Lastly, the horns aren't going independent. They have no desire to. However, historically they are easily the best program in the state. It's not even close really. Sure, they've had some down periods, but over the course of history they've dominated.

Return to “Off-Topic”